Directors Announcements for March 2010

• Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
03 Mar 2010 09:45 #1 by Gallion (Gallion)
Directors Announcements for March 2010 was created by Gallion (Gallion)
Yearly Membership Fee and Waivers
This is a reminder that we will be collecting the $20 membership fee. Also be sure to fill out a waiver at Sign-in if you have not already done so in the past.

Sleeping Space

Once again I want to warn people about this. We actually did not have a problem last month, due to the 40+ spaces we've created over the last many months.  However I hear that we will be having a lot of new players this event, and so I don't know if this is going to be a problem. While at Sac, we are very tight on sleeping quarters. Please prepare yourself mentally for the possibility that finding a bed could feel like trying to win the lottery. No matter what, we have enough mattresses that floor space can be taken if need be. ALSO... if you get there late, please dont forget to walk down to the tower cabin, and the waterfront cabin... often there is one or two beds that have been forgotten about in there. The weather should be warmer this weekend, so that should help... and we will be back at Hickory Run the following event, where sleeping space is never an issue. Moral of the story is: "please bear with us, we are trying our best."

Scholarship in Morgans Name

This drive to raise money is continuing this month. If you can, please continue to donate to this cause as it hits very close to home for many of us. We need to raise quite a bit for our goal, so please give if you can.  Joe will be taking the donations and will have a book for people to sign that was at sign in at the last event. You do not have to donate to write in the book, just ask Joe for it and he will let you put an entry into it. The official post on this scholarship drive is here: www.knightrealms.com/forums/index.php?topic=4707.0

"Two Plague" ?
To help facilitate this months plot mechanics easier, i'm making this announcement prior to the event. If at anytime, for the first time, you take damage that reduces your natural BP by an attack followed by the word "Plague"... go to logistics as soon as you are able to after the fight, to find out with the effects are. Thanks!

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
  • Shiver
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 129
04 Mar 2010 21:46 #2 by Shiver (Shiver)
Replied by Shiver (Shiver) on topic Directors Announcements for March 2010

Parking
If you have ever needed to leave a camp during an off period of time like late one night or early in the morning, the one thing you do not want to see was that someone has illegally parked behind you, preventing you from getting your car and leaving the camp.  In cases of emergency, this is completely unacceptable.

Double parking in the upper lot and inside the fence (and on the camp) has always been an on and off again problem for us at Sac.  It also isn't helped by new players seeing cars parked in or late arriving players "just parking there for now," and not returning to their car for hours. Do not double park or park inside the fence.

The simple fact is, for safety sake, we need it to stop.  Starting at the February event, no one is allowed to park behind anyone in the upper lot.  Not even if you have made arrangements with the person beforehand.  When the upper lot is full, please utilize the large lower lot.  If you need to drive onto the camp, do so in a quick and efficient manner and please remove your car from the in-game area as soon as you are able to off load your belongings or props in a reasonable amount of time.  No one is immune to this rule.  Not Officers, Storytellers, Kitchen Staff or anyone else.

If the staff notices that these rules can’t be followed, we will be forced to start a new HARSH policy in the near future.  Please help us make this avoidable and park with attention to courtesy for one another.  We don't want to make things more of a hassle, but the problem has become way too large to ignore.

Everyone did a great job last month.  Same policy applies in March.

Thanks in advance for your help with this.

Lucius Blackthorne
Lord of Alisandria

Guild Officer of The Black Orchid Merchant Company

Of the Ram and Raven

“History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."

"The godly tongue distills honey, mankind's tether of amber and gold. This is my verdict.

For neither are kingdoms conquered by iron, Nor dies the mighty by the spear.

Men are felled by what they fail to believe in."

((Joe Bondi-Marketing Officer))
  • Shiver
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 129
15 Mar 2010 21:11 #3 by Shiver (Shiver)
Replied by Shiver (Shiver) on topic Directors Announcements for March 2010
Parking was for the most part OK.  

My thanks for everyone who came late and moved the double parked cars throughout the start of the weekend.  There were a few cars parked inside the fence.  This is not acceptable for a normal event.  We do realize because of the excess of snow and mud, the auxiliary lot was full and parking was tight.  We had recorded license plates and talked about enacting the new policy, but decided against it due to the weathers affect on parking conditions.

In the future however, unless conditions are exactly duplicated , there will be no double parking and especially, no parking inside the fence.  As you know this is both a safety issue and a good exercises in atmosphere.  We appreciate everyones cooperation on this issue for now and in the future.  This is especially important for Camp Sac.

Thanks and please don't forget our requests for parking at Knight Realms events.

Lucius Blackthorne
Lord of Alisandria

Guild Officer of The Black Orchid Merchant Company

Of the Ram and Raven

“History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."

"The godly tongue distills honey, mankind's tether of amber and gold. This is my verdict.

For neither are kingdoms conquered by iron, Nor dies the mighty by the spear.

Men are felled by what they fail to believe in."

((Joe Bondi-Marketing Officer))
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.469 seconds