Two Miscellaneous Rules Updates

• Fogrom
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 70
03 Apr 2008 22:42 #1 by Fogrom (Fogrom)
Two Miscellaneous Rules Updates was created by Fogrom (Fogrom)
1. Sparring gloves are no longer allowed for unarmed combat. The standard claw/brawler phys rep must be used by all players to represent fighting unarmed. I think this issue has been fairly thoroughly discussed in public already, but the primary reason for this change is because the quality of the gloves and the issue of consistency of safe fighting ability with them have proved far too problematic to keep allowing them.

2. The Lore skill has been clarified with the following supplemental information:

• Lores are categorized as follows:
--- "Monster" Lore - Examples: Monster Lore: Undead , Monster Lore: Zombies
--- "Culture" Lore - Examples: Culture Lore: Goblinoids, Culture Lore: High Elves
--- "Region" Lore - Examples: Region Lore: Sea, Region Lore: Chaos Wastes
--- "Divinity" Lore - Examples: Divinity Lore: Malyc, Divinity Lore: Valos
--- "Other" Lore - Examples: Lore: Etiquette, Lore: Magic, Lore: Advocate, Lore: History

- Lores are limited in how specific they may become. So while you can learn a monster lore on a general level (Monster Lore), a specific level (Lore: Undead) and even down to a given type (Lore: Zombie), you cannot purchase lores about specific creature derivations (Lore: Greater Zombie).

- Lores are assumed to function on three levels:
--- 1 - Lores may be used in combat to basically identify a creature ("Monster Lore, what do I see?")
--- 2 - Lores may be used to glean more information from a marshal ("Monster Lore: Undead, what do I know?")
--- 2 - Lores may be combined with Research and Identify Item to gain further more specific information ("Monster Lore: Zombies, how tough are the different types of zombies?" or "Culture Lore: Kormyre, Identify Item on this old church, what period in Kormyre history was it built?")

Effective Dates
  • The sparring glove change will be effective the May 2008 event, to afford players time to acquire or make alternative, approved phys reps.
  • The lore change is effective immediately.

Matt White
04 Apr 2008 20:25 #2 by Lord Renaudierre (Sir Renaudierre)
Replied by Lord Renaudierre (Sir Renaudierre) on topic Two Miscellaneous Rules Updates
Updated in the Online Rulebook.  I was unable to find any referrence to gloves in the rules anywhere, or anywhere on the site for that matter.

In service to Kormyre,

Lord Alexander Renaudierre of Frostguard

~~~
Roy S.
04 Apr 2008 21:40 #3 by Mother Rosa (Kate)
Replied by Mother Rosa (Kate) on topic Two Miscellaneous Rules Updates
Okay maybe this is just wishful thinking but now that Lore: Divinity is broken down into specific gods, is there any chance of these more specific details being available to Priests? I know the decision a while back was only scholars could have (for example) Lore:Malyc and that priests just have general Lore:Divinity. It just seems to me that a priest should be the authority on the gods given that they devote every hour of every day to learning/reading & teaching about the gods, whereas scholars have hundreds of different subjects they maybe studying.

Mother Rosa
Priestess of Gaia

"That which yields is not always weak."

((oog: Kate L))
  • Erdrick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 161
05 Apr 2008 16:32 #4 by Erdrick (Erdrick)
Replied by Erdrick (Erdrick) on topic Two Miscellaneous Rules Updates
I could be misunderstanding the new rules but I think thats covered by lore divinity now.

So cleric/priest needs to buy lore : divinity to get access to spells but I believe now you can learn Lore : Divinity - Gaia, or Lore : Divinity - Malyc and so on.

Lord Erdrick Brightstar
Guardian of Belladeen
(Samuel Roberts)
  • Malin
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 0
05 Apr 2008 18:45 #5 by Malin (Malin)
Replied by Malin (Malin) on topic Two Miscellaneous Rules Updates
Sam's interpretation is correct. There are other lists as well that will see some minor tweaking to correct them to this new system to make lores more accessible in game, now that the Common Skill list lores have been clarified.

Matt V.
"Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome"
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.453 seconds