Festival info - OOG

• geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
21 Oct 2010 02:35 #1 by geezer (geezer)
Festival info - OOG was created by geezer (geezer)
I posted this for the June Festival, and with some modifications, figured it will suffice for November's.

For those living a long distance away and not wanting to make the round trip in a day, the following is available:
One Queen waterbed in the upstairs of the barn
Ditto in my son's bedroom loft - we are officially empty nesters
Single futon on the first floor of his room
King bed in the loft of the guest room.

Two comfy couches, each suitable for one person
Three recliners, two of which are quite comfortable
Two twin air mattresses.
Lots of sleeping space on floors

If you would like to come down Friday or stay until Sunday morning to break up the drive, message me and we will work out sleeping arrangements

A few logistical details, all OOG

If you are not a kitchen marshal or a designated helper, stay out of the kitchen.

If you are bringing something that must stay cool or cold, bring a cooler or ice chest - early November ranges from 65F to 30F

There will be two Porto Johns with a hand sanitizer and water station set up outside them.  Unless you are my sister Teri, who inherited indoor bathroom rights at parties when my mother died, do not bother to ask.  Our septic system is not forgiving at 32 years.

Water will be constantly available, along with hot beverages.  There is a large dining table which will have a set up.  The same table will have a buffet of some sort once Diane and I decide on it.  There will be some sort of on demand food throughout the afternoon, soup or stew most likely

Not certain how it will work out, but the "bar" will  be open.

If anyone has some suitable tables they can absolutely commit to bringing, please let me know by PM

The field has has paths mowed and otherwise is between 6 and 12 inches high.

Up until the time James announces as the official start time, people may drive their vehicles to the top and unload.  We have a circular (actually teardrop shaped) section at the top, so maneuvering will not be a challenge.  There are at least two pull overs on the driveway if vehicles are traveling in the opposite direction.

There is ample parking in the lower field.  We will have some [strike]poor schmucks[/strike] volunteers who will be richly rewarded with SP to direct parking so no one gets trapped.
people directing parking to maximize things and to assure that every vehicle will be able to leave at any time.

The entire downstairs will be an IG area.
The first and second floors are non-combat.  This includes any offensive casting requiring a spell packet.  If James wants to restruct it further, he can.
The basement will be utilized as plot desires, but with an 8 foot ceiling, overhand combat will be interesting - especially for Skimmel & Tom S.
The downstairs bathroom has the best lighting for personal application of make-up.
The Master bedroom has two full length mirrors and can be used as a changing area, as can Jake's room.

James will decide on the use of the first floor of the barn, possibly as logistics.
The upstairs can be IG, but that is up to him.  If you have any physical problems at all, do not attempt the stairs in the barn.

Although I mentioned it before, Demon Dog with Deer Leg (Tucker) should not be deliberately fed.  He will do quite well with your accidental droppings.  The pathetic look he will give you is genetic.  He is quite friendly and may be safely approached by anyone.

People wanting to have their own fires for whatever reason should see me either before lay on and I will show you the wood pile to be used, or after lay on, Fr. Edwin can show you.  At the same time, please clear any locations you plan on using with either Tina or me.  Any fallen stuff laying around not in piles can be used no questions asked.  I have a lot of pine and such that will not be used in the stove and the bonfire and such is the place for it.  Some hardwood as well.  It will be identified.  If wood is under a tarp, please do not use it.

The sun will set early, what with DST and all.  We have a large area for a bonfire and it will be set up accordingly.  Please wait for someone from plot or myself to start it.  

If anyone has special needs, PM me and something will be arranged.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.419 seconds