2010 Award Ceremony and Banquet

• Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
22 Nov 2010 20:43 #1 by Gallion (Gallion)
2010 Award Ceremony and Banquet was created by Gallion (Gallion)
[size=14pt]2010 Award Ceremony and Banquet[/size]

January 1st will be the Knight Realms 2010 Awards Ceremony and Banquet. It will be held at our new permanent campground Camp Sacajawea, for this year only and then next year we will go back to holding it at the Doubletree in Somerset.

The food will be buffet style. The Hall will be done up very nicely and will be heated. Details on Alcohol will be announced soon. Players will be aloud to stay overnight if they wish.

Cost: $40, (+ option to purchase up to +3 build at $10 each.)
Paying for a second character is $20 base, and $5 for each additional build.

Dress: Business Casual to Formal (Because the site is a campground and not the standard Hotel setting, it is acceptable to dress down from formal to more of a business casual if you wish.)

What else you get:
• 6-9 build depending on the admission you pay (6 build blanket + 1 to 3 extra build)
• Chinese auction of In-Game items. (Everyone gets 1 free ticket + 4 tickets for each build bought)
• Service Point Auction. In-Game items will be auctioned off to any players with service points.
• Another opportunity to see and hang out with your Knight Realms friends!
• Anyone who purchases extra build may self-teach themselves one skill for the following weekends event.
• 13 Awards will be presented to Knight Realms players.

Important Details:

Payment and Pre-Reg:
Three days prior to the event, I must plan the food for the event. Because of this, you must pre-register for this event. If you cannot get me the registration fee at least three days before the banquet, but can guarantee me that you will be there, I will accept that, but keep in mind that you will at that point be held responsible for the fee whether you show up or not.

Chinese Auction:
There will be a Chinese auction in which three prizes will be displayed next to jars. One jar is next to each item. You are given one ticket at entry to bid on which ever item you’d like. You can purchase additional tickets for one dollar each. Also you will receive 4 free tickets for each point of extra build you purchase.

Service Point Auction:
There will be three service point auctions. One for players who fall within the (1-1000 SP Bracket), one for all players who fall within the (1000-10,000)SP Bracket) and one for players with 10,000+. Cool, in-game items will be auctioned off. Character cards will be made available so you can see how many service points you have to work with.

Self-Teach Skills:
Anyone who purchases at least one of the extra build will be aloud to self-teach their characters one skill, provided they have the pre-reqs and the build for the skill. The criteria are as follows:
• You must have all the normal pre-requisites
• You must have the build available. You may use build you earned at the Banquet.
• You may learn a Lower List, Lower List Skill, or Higher List Skill. You may NOT learn a Higher List.
• You may NOT teach yourself a skill you already know, or Body or Career Points. You must do this at an Event or Festival.

Awards:
Thirteen awards will be presented to the winners of the thirteen categories. Also Director Accolade awards will be presented. You can vote for this year's awards by licking on the below link:
www.knightrealms.com/index.php?option=com_rsform&formId=3

If you cannot attend:
If you cannot attend, but still wish to participate, you may pay the normal price listed above to receive the build, and learn a bonus skill, subject to the rules above.  You may also have someone place Raffle Tickets on your behalf.  You may not participate in any Service Point auctions or raffles without being present.

More to come:
Details about start times, food menu, alcohol, and when to start pre-reging, will be posted in this thread when we are ready.

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
22 Nov 2010 20:45 #2 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic 2010 Award Ceremony and Banquet

• GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
22 Nov 2010 21:12 #3 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic 2010 Award Ceremony and Banquet
If there is a misspelling of your name (IG or OOG), please PM me to let me know, and I will update it.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • shalok
  • in vino veritas
  • Thank Yous: 17
22 Nov 2010 22:08 #4 by shalok (shalok)
Replied by shalok (shalok) on topic 2010 Award Ceremony and Banquet
Do prices vary for people that do not play the game?  i.e.  my wife may want to come

~Knight Templar Shalok Kensington of the Order of the Valiant Shield
Master of the Hunt

oog- Mahoney
Larp Armor and Latex Weapons- larpexchange.com
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
23 Nov 2010 07:08 #5 by Gallion (Gallion)
When held at the hotel no. However I will make an exception for this year because it is being held at the camp. If you want to bring your spouse who does not play the game nor plans to, you can cut the base fee in half for them.

• shalok
  • in vino veritas
  • Thank Yous: 17
23 Nov 2010 08:23 #6 by shalok (shalok)
Replied by shalok (shalok) on topic 2010 Award Ceremony and Banquet
Sounds great

~Knight Templar Shalok Kensington of the Order of the Valiant Shield
Master of the Hunt

oog- Mahoney
Larp Armor and Latex Weapons- larpexchange.com
  • Ben Theis
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Calm in mind, gentle in heart, illuminate the spirit
  • Thank Yous: 29
23 Nov 2010 16:20 #7 by Ben Theis (Tirsen Crestingstar)
Replied by Ben Theis (Tirsen Crestingstar) on topic 2010 Award Ceremony and Banquet
I keep trying to lick the link below but the only thing that happens is my screen gets wet! :P

[size=14pt]2010 Award Ceremony and Banquet[/size]

Awards:
Thirteen awards will be presented to the winners of the thirteen categories. Also Director Accolade awards will be presented. You can vote for this year's awards by licking on the below link:
www.knightrealms.com/index.php?option=com_rsform&formId=3

Tirsen Crestingstar

Ben.T.
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
27 Nov 2010 03:09 #8 by Gallion (Gallion)
Thank you to those who have voted so far.

Please get your votes in by Monday, if you have not yet done so. If you know anyone who may not have yet voted please let them know of this deadline. Thanks! ;)

• Misaki
  • Dark Sith? Where?!
  • Thank Yous: 23
27 Nov 2010 08:17 #9 by Misaki (cbodnar)
Replied by Misaki (cbodnar) on topic 2010 Award Ceremony and Banquet
Will there be a list posted before the banquet of what items will be in the Chinese raffle?  or do we have to come and see for ourselves?

Misaki Xianlu VonRitter, the Nemesis

Vassal of Pendarvin

"Evil Must Be Destroyed"

• Administrator
  • Administrator
29 Nov 2010 06:26 #10 by Gallion (Gallion)
They will be announced yes, but closer to two weeks before the banquet.

10 Dec 2010 09:53 #11 by Rana Crestingstar (Rana)
Replied by Rana Crestingstar (Rana) on topic 2010 Award Ceremony and Banquet
What time is the banquet going to start?

Rana Crestingstar
Ambassador to Selendrias
Alchemist
Healer

OOC: Michelle Theis
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
10 Dec 2010 10:02 #12 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic 2010 Award Ceremony and Banquet
The Banquet is still three weeks away - as with all festivals and other special events, James will post further details as they are decided and when it gets closer.  Please be patient. 

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
11 Dec 2010 13:36 #13 by Gallion (Gallion)
Banquet will probably start around 7pm.  Alcohol will probably be BYOB, but with serious guidelines for safety and responsibility. Please keep the banquet list reservations coming. The longer you wait to be added to the guest list, the more difficult it will be for us to plan for the food.

11 Dec 2010 13:46 #14 by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar)
Replied by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar) on topic 2010 Award Ceremony and Banquet
Is this event being catered? Or will we be bringing dishes like the Ball?

Templar Ekatarina Esmeralda Kisslinger McKregar, Prophet of the Kindred Oak

Neina Avaren

OOC: Ann A.- Logistics Marshal
  • Casandra
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Let me take you on a journey like no other...
  • Thank Yous: 206
11 Dec 2010 16:44 #15 by Casandra (Casandra)
Replied by Casandra (Casandra) on topic 2010 Award Ceremony and Banquet
catered

Casandra Blackthorne
Lady of Alisandria

Merchant and Professional Absintheur
Black Orchid Merchant Company

• Thank Yous: 3
12 Dec 2010 20:38 #16 by Thomas (Thomas)
Replied by Thomas (Thomas) on topic 2010 Award Ceremony and Banquet
Can we get a definite answer on alcohol.  I have a feeling that people are waiting for this before they will decide to go or not. If there is no answer can we get a date the decision will be made by.  I understand the banquet is 3 weeks away, and there is a need for patience, but I think its only fair that we should know what we are in for before we commit to attending.
Thanks
Tom

Thomas Do’Kanen
The Court Master Builder of Alisandria
"I used to be evil, but now I'm a drunk."
  • Capt Locke
  • Thank Yous: 10
12 Dec 2010 21:21 #17 by Capt Locke (Jonathon)
Replied by Capt Locke (Jonathon) on topic Re: 2010 Award Ceremony and Banquet
I'm just going to say this cause it has been eating away at me...

Does anyone honestly care about this game at all? This is an awards banquet and should be a celebration of a year of hard work. A lot of people put loads of effort into this game both behind the scenes and in-game. A lot of people have worked hard to achieve these nominations from their peers and those whom the players of Knight Realms find to be the best will be honored. By complaining about whether or not there will be beer and alchohol and saying that it will highly influence the chance of your attendence cheapens this ceramony. I understand having a few beers with a group of friends at a meal, I do it all the time, but honestly if it is that big of a deal to you don't come. You coming and deciding to drink a lot only to become obnoxious and disrespectful to James and the players of Knight Realms who are being honored is wrong.

This is not directed at any one person and if you get pissed off by this I'm sorry... but I just feel it had to be said.

End soapbox

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Captain Alexander Locke, Dread Pirate
The Sleaziest Sleaze of the Seven Seas

OOG: Dave Morris
The Napoleon of Gypsy Genocide
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
12 Dec 2010 22:46 #18 by Gallion (Gallion)
We have in the past allowed drinking at oog social events, for example: the Cons, OOG social at charlies, and all of the previous banquets. We will allow drinking, but not without guidelines. Social responsible drinking will be allowed, crazy frat party drinking wont be. The difference should hopefully be apparent, but I will spell it out in detail and how I intend to enforce it a bit later. If the confirmation of social, responsible drinking isn't good enough, than ya, maybe its best to sit this one out ;) 

If you want to do crazy frat party drinking at a nearby hotel after the banquet that is ok, because it is no longer my responsibility at that point.

For everyone else, I will be allowing people to sleep over at the camp if they wish.

• Chris G.
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Our Life is Made by the Death of Others...
  • Thank Yous: 95
12 Dec 2010 22:56 #19 by Chris G. (Cross)
Replied by Chris G. (Cross) on topic Re: 2010 Award Ceremony and Banquet

Does anyone honestly care about this game at all? This is an awards banquet and should be a celebration of a year of hard work. A lot of people put loads of effort into this game both behind the scenes and in-game. A lot of people have worked hard to achieve these nominations from their peers and those whom the players of Knight Realms find to be the best will be honored. By complaining about whether or not there will be beer and alchohol and saying that it will highly influence the chance of your attendence cheapens this ceramony. I understand having a few beers with a group of friends at a meal, I do it all the time, but honestly if it is that big of a deal to you don't come. You coming and deciding to drink a lot only to become obnoxious and disrespectful to James and the players of Knight Realms who are being honored is wrong.

This is not directed at any one person and if you get pissed off by this I'm sorry... but I just feel it had to be said.

End soapbox

QFT, Amen.

[hr]
Squire Lucas R. Brand
Squire to Lord Antrim Ardentfyre
--
Tanis Rily'anna
--
OOG: Chris Goley
Mook
13 Dec 2010 13:25 #20 by Draknar DoKanen (Draknar DoKanen)
Replied by Draknar DoKanen (Draknar DoKanen) on topic Re: 2010 Award Ceremony and Banquet

End soapbox

This post is just silly.  There is nothing wrong with requesting the details of an event before committing to going.  Yes, this is an awards dinner, but let's be honest, to a lot of people (myself included) the awards are really secondary to the event itself.  Many people use the awards banquet as an excuse to hang out with their KR friends and family that they might only see at weekend events otherwise.  When you break it down, it's really just an expensive dinner party, and there's no restaurant in the world you'd shell out money to without knowing what you're getting.

All of this is a moot point, however, because James provided a clear and concise answer, which is all Tom was looking for.  And for the record, he's one of those people who is putting loads of effort into the game, so to say that he doesn't "care about this game at all" and his question "cheapens this ceremony" is ridiculous.  I just feel it had to be said.

--Sean

Skimmel
RP Marshal, Rules Marshal, Storyteller
  • Radu Dragovic
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • -Death is but a Door-
  • Thank Yous: 1
13 Dec 2010 16:16 - 13 Dec 2010 16:22 #21 by Radu Dragovic (Radu Dragovic)
Replied by Radu Dragovic (Radu Dragovic) on topic 2010 Award Ceremony and Banquet
Lets all relax now, no one intended on causing any Lama issues. Question was answered. Dave's opinion is noted. Not everyone was asking about it so no worries all.  Just lets all remember NOT to get to crazy with the drinking.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Woooooosawwwwwww

Radu Dragovic-Guild Grave Digger and Carpenter of The Black Orchid Merchant Company

-Death is but a doorway, we are richer to of know you and luckier still to have called you friend-

OOG: Jeff Mclean
Last edit: 13 Dec 2010 16:22 by .
  • Capt Locke
  • Thank Yous: 10
13 Dec 2010 16:36 #22 by Capt Locke (Jonathon)
Replied by Capt Locke (Jonathon) on topic Re: 2010 Award Ceremony and Banquet
Thanks Jeff,

All I was trying to do was foster a little respect and class for the Awards Banquet. I for one was completly embarassed two years ago by the display of disrespect some players had for the ceremony because of their choices and actions. I was not attacking anyone specific (sorry if it seemed that way Tom) but I just felt like someone needed to stand up and say enough is enough.

As Master of Ceremonies for the Awards Banquet I look forward to seeing you all there and celebrating another successful years work.

Captain Alexander Locke, Dread Pirate
The Sleaziest Sleaze of the Seven Seas

OOG: Dave Morris
The Napoleon of Gypsy Genocide
  • Kadin D
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 53
22 Dec 2010 12:40 #23 by Kadin D (Katie D)
Replied by Kadin D (Katie D) on topic 2010 Award Ceremony and Banquet
So people will be allowed to stay overnight at the camp after the banquet?  Just wanted to make sure cause it is a 5 hour drive to get home from there, and wanted to try and find a hotel room ahead of time if we can't.

Physician

Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

OOG - Katie DeFranza

New Player Marshal, Safety Marshal
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
23 Dec 2010 03:13 #24 by Gallion (Gallion)
Yes. People are allowed to sleep at the camp, after the banquet.

Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.694 seconds