Illness at KnightRealms

• Malcolm
  • Semper Fidelis Fratercula Arctica
  • Thank Yous: 0
31 Jan 2011 19:22 #1 by Malcolm (Malcolm)
Illness at KnightRealms was created by Malcolm (Malcolm)
This past weekend, there were a few players who knew that they were ill with communicable diseases and chose to come to the game anyway.  This has, in part, resulted in multiple other players falling ill, some to the point where they were incapable of going to work.  I would like to address this not from a medical or hygienic standpoint, but from the respect for others angle.  If you are sick with a cold, virus or other communicable disease, force yourself to take a hot shower, dry yourself intensely, change your clothes and get to bed, and not in a public walk way, in your own room with your own bedding.  If you cannot do any of these things, then you need to go to a hospital.  The degree of selfishness required to openly expose your friends to illness in less than prime conditions is shameful when there are things that can be done about it.

www.commoncoldprevention.org/

Zander G. Gehnsen IV Esq.
Captain of Our Lady of the Broken Spine

"Now you remember, you hear? You treat this ship like a lady.  Make certain you always bring her home."

OOG: JimBob
  • Moirya
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 35
01 Feb 2011 11:50 #2 by Moirya (Moirya)
Replied by Moirya (Moirya) on topic Illness at KnightRealms
Agreed a million times over.

I know we all like to come to KR but when walking around the event and hearing someone talk OOG how they are "hella sick" then well, maybe they shouldn't have come. Maybe they can endure the event while sick but not everybodies immune system is so stalwart and just maybe, they don't want to be sick for the next week or two because they went to an event at perfect health.

Alright, maybe I just rehashed what Jimbob said but, if you are sick, stay at home and take care of yourself please. :D

Prin mainile mele,
Moirya Arkanian
Squire to Sir Magnus Von-Ritter
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

OOG : Sam Dio
Logistics Marshal / New Player Marshal
01 Feb 2011 17:52 #3 by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar)
Replied by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar) on topic Illness at KnightRealms
You think this would be common sense? No one likes KR/Con Plague. If you have it please don't share it.

Templar Ekatarina Esmeralda Kisslinger McKregar, Prophet of the Kindred Oak

Neina Avaren

OOC: Ann A.- Logistics Marshal
05 Feb 2011 01:23 #4 by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli)
Replied by Dr. Kamei Kunsai (Kamei Lazuli) on topic Illness at KnightRealms
I, too, agree with this. Coming to game, and then getting someone else sick is horrible. Especially if it happens while game is in progress, and especially when it still affects the people you get sick when they're home; like JimBob said, to the point of making them miss work. If you're sick with any kind of virus, bacteria, or anything of the sort, stay home and save all of us some pain.

[Kamei Kunsai, Vassal and Health Administer of Kaladonia]
[Luminista Petsho-Aeislin]

(oog: Shannon F.)
  • Corvin Ralenfolly
  • The Good Looking Ralenfolly
  • Thank Yous: 43
05 Feb 2011 02:02 #5 by Corvin Ralenfolly (SteveM)
Replied by Corvin Ralenfolly (SteveM) on topic Illness at KnightRealms
NO way man, if I'm sick you're coming down with me!

Corvin Ralenfolly

Steve M.
  • Malcolm
  • Semper Fidelis Fratercula Arctica
  • Thank Yous: 0
05 Feb 2011 07:59 #6 by Malcolm (Malcolm)
Replied by Malcolm (Malcolm) on topic Illness at KnightRealms
WOW Steve, just WOW.  That is so completely out of line in this very serious thread about very serious concerns!  For shame!

Zander G. Gehnsen IV Esq.
Captain of Our Lady of the Broken Spine

"Now you remember, you hear? You treat this ship like a lady.  Make certain you always bring her home."

OOG: JimBob
  • Pappy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • First in, Last out
  • Thank Yous: 103
05 Feb 2011 12:52 #7 by Pappy (Quan)
Replied by Pappy (Quan) on topic Illness at KnightRealms
I'm sure that just because he makes light of the situation doesn't mean he takes it lightly, it's the Goblin 43 in him... In all fairness some people don't realize they are contagious even though it should be obvious it is not always to everyone... I think it's up to each individual to take precautions by offering advice to someone who is obviously sick at an event to limit their interactions so as not to spread illness, it's what friends do. (even though it could be argued that a real friend won't risk exposing anyone, if they realize it.)

Quan Liu Shen
Former Headmaster of Wudan Mtn. Academy             
"When the time comes, a mouse can become a tiger"

--*--

Vladmir Ahmad As'Hassin
Brotherhood of workers Guild

OGG:
     Luis C
Kitchen Staff
Officer
  • Tim P
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 379
06 Feb 2011 01:48 #8 by Tim P (OrganicGolem)
Replied by Tim P (OrganicGolem) on topic Illness at KnightRealms
I would like to add, and I can't stress it enough... washing your hands regularly helps so much stop the spread of illness

[hr]
-Tim P
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.497 seconds