Reminder on our NPC Policy

• Andy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 157
01 Feb 2011 16:28 #1 by Andy (Andy)
Reminder on our NPC Policy was created by Andy (Andy)
The entirety of our NPC Policy can be found here;
www.knightrealms.com/component/content/a...npcs-a-npc-duty.html

I need to remind people about a few key points, since I think there are still many people confused on the topic. 

The only people exempt from NPC Duty are;
•  Officers – contribute a great deal of time between and during events helping KR to run efficiently and so are excused from NPC duty.
•  Monster Marshals and Storytellers - contribute their four hours by developing and executing encounters and adventures and so are excused from NPC duty.
•  Kitchen Marshals - contribute four hours (and usually much more) working in the kitchen and so are excused from NPC duty.
•  Players that attend an event for less than twelve hours are excused from NPC duty, at the Director’s discretion.

In regards to players who attend for less then 12 hours;
"...players who attend for less than twelve hours – must report to the Director to have their cards signed for NPC duty and their names added to the roster of excused players for that event."

In addition, I would like to remind everyone that is requested to NPC special roles.  You must still sign up for a shift slot and unless that role takes the entirety of that shift you will still be required to finish out your shift.  If you complete an NPC shift in addition to whatever other special roles a Storyteller asks you to NPC, that Storyteller is allowed to compensate you with extra Service Points. 
The entire policy on this can be found at the bottom of the above link. 

I would also like to point out that an NPC Rules Violation (even the first one) prevents you from learning any skills that event. 

If there are any questions, please ask me through a PM or e-mail.

-Andy

-Sir Hurgar
Knight of Pendarvin

-Andy
Rules Marshal
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
11 Feb 2011 15:40 #2 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic Reminder on our NPC Policy
I would like to bump this again to stress the importance of NPC'ing as well as make the following statements.

- There is no good excuse for not NPC'ing during an event. If you cannot do running or combat roles, you can always tell the MM that you can only do RP roles for your NPC shift.

- My signature on your NPC slot is invalid if in fact you did not NPC and you are supposed to.

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
  • Andy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 157
18 Feb 2011 03:29 - 18 Feb 2011 03:38 #3 by Andy (Andy)
Replied by Andy (Andy) on topic Reminder on our NPC Policy
Just another reminder that everyone must sign up for an NPC shift when they sign in.  We're not just checking your cards to see that your shift is signed off anymore, but checking with the Marshal on duty to verify that everyone attended and participated in their shift.  If you sign in late it is your responsibility to sign up for a shift.

We also need to keep the traffic in logistics down to a minimum, especially with all the people coming in and out of the sleeping space in there.  If you have business in Logistics please keep it as brief as possible and respect the MM on duty.  They may have an encounter to send out and may need you to wait outside until they are ready to process your request. 

Another reminder on your PC belongings, please follow our rules for OOG items while you're NPCing as detailed here www.knightrealms.com/component/content/a...ms-and-lighting.html .
Stash your PC's gear either under your bed, under black fabric, or in a bin labeled OOG while you're NPCing and do not bring it with you to Logistics.  Extra items in logistics creates an unnecessary amount of clutter for us to work against. 

Thanks, and see you all later today!

-Sir Hurgar
Knight of Pendarvin

-Andy
Rules Marshal
Last edit: 18 Feb 2011 03:38 by .
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.454 seconds