Warning: Mud Season at Sac!

• GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
10 Mar 2011 22:44 #1 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Warning: Mud Season at Sac! was created by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Folks, with the winter thaw and all the rain, Camp Sac is likely to be an absolute mud pit.

Aside from your boots, your weapons, and your spell packets, the mud is likely to try to claim your car.  If you need to drive somewhere, be VERY careful of where you drive on the camp - cars have gotten stuck in the past, especially by the Tower Cabin and down by Waterfront.

Bring spare boots, socks, and bags to hold muddy clothing!

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • Hadrian Thane
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • The night is dark and full of terrors.
  • Thank Yous: 3
10 Mar 2011 22:48 #2 by Hadrian Thane (GBino)
Replied by Hadrian Thane (GBino) on topic Warning: Mud Season at Sac!
Every season is mud season.

/* OOG
* Rob G.
* Rules Marshal, Margrave
*/
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
10 Mar 2011 23:13 #3 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic Warning: Mud Season at Sac!
The reason the main roads can get exceptionally muddy is because they have not been maintained for over five years. In a couple of months we will start by bringing in about a dozen plus dump truck loads of stone to solidify and even the roads, and then bring in some more periodically to maintain them. We'll probably even take it a step further and lay down some drainage pipes in the worst areas, like the corner bend leading to the monastery

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
10 Mar 2011 23:53 #4 by Keith_Stratton (Keith_Stratton)
Replied by Keith_Stratton (Keith_Stratton) on topic Warning: Mud Season at Sac!
It's a little late to have them for this event, but I bought these last week and have since fallen in love with them:

valhallasurplus.ecrater.com/p/9799914/swiss-leather-gaiters

Rain and mud for three days, and my pants legs are still dry!

Also, wax/waterproof your boots. I'll be bringing my waxing gear, so if anyone needs teaching or a hand in doing it, come find me sometime in the afternoon on Saturday or in the lazy Sunday hours. If you plan on getting your boots waxed, you can pick up a travel kit at Target for $10, or you can use my brush and stuff if you pick up a tin for about $2. There's also some spray-on waterproofing solutions you can buy for about the same price. I prefer the wax, but it's a personal thing, not a matter of efficacy.

Cyric McKraegar
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.445 seconds