Feast and camp cleanup

• Casandra
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Let me take you on a journey like no other...
  • Thank Yous: 206
13 Mar 2011 21:47 - 13 Mar 2011 22:11 #1 by Casandra (Casandra)
Feast and camp cleanup was created by Casandra (Casandra)
I am reposting this from a post made by another player:

Low Lights:
Cleaning up after people from feast. Almost the entire table closest to the street/Parking lot did not clean up after themselves leaving their plates, cups, forks on the table also leaving food directly on the table. The majority of the players at this game are adults and should know how to clean up after themselves. Feast Clean up doesn't change much per event- Bring your plate/utensils/cups to the bar, Scrap your plate into the trash can, and put your plate in the stack of like plates, cup in the bin, and utensils in the bowl. The reason this drives me insane is because while most PC's spend the time between Feast and Main Mod RPing or going on quick adventures those who choice to help clean up the kitchen spend their time cleaning up after everyone- picking up and washing dishes, refilling bottles and doing a few other things. On a Great day, feast clean up can be quick and only last an hour, but it often takes much longer then that.

Thank you to everyone that did go back to their places to clean up after I screamed at everyone in the inn. And thank you everyone that did help clean up after feast.

I am sorry that that was a bit of a soap box rant but I was horrified at how many people left their dishes and how horrible of a mess was made at feast this time. I felt that that so many people disrespected the Kitchen Staff and those who volunteered to help because they couldn't be bothered to clean up after themselves.

/end soapbox

Ann A.

Sometimes we forget that there is no one at the events getting paid to clean up for us. Everyone must do their part to help. It is what is expected by every player at every event; to chip in and make it as easy as possible for everyone. More than 50 % of those attending feast left their plates on the tables. It meant that the people that prepared, set up and served us had to also clean up everyone's plates, utensils, cups, scrape half eaten food from the plates and wipe down all the tables. This is a very thank-less job and really, service points just don't seem worth it sometimes.

The staff would like to thank everyone that helped with feast.

Another issue this event seemed to be the bathrooms. Please keep your personal items in your own sleeping areas. Toothbrushes, soap, towels, clothes, etc. should not be left in bathrooms that are being shared by over 100 people. Do you REALLY want to use your toothbrush after it has been sitting in a mud-filled bathroom, uncovered with dirty soap scum all around the sink? Probably not, now that you think about it, right?

Also, there are trash cans in the bathrooms. That means when you change a TP roll or use a paper towel to dry your hands, throw these things in the garbage instead of the stalls, sink and middle of the floor.

Your mom is not at the event to pick up your stuff.

There is really no excuse. Just spend the extra 10 seconds. Put your stuff back in your bag, and when you apply makeup or just wash mud off of yourself, wipe the sinks, flush the toilets, throw out any sponges or wet wipes, and just do all of those other things that others do for you.
PLEASE remember that if you are mature enough to be playing, then you are also mature enough to clean up after yourself.

Thank you!

The Knight Realms Staff

Casandra Blackthorne
Lady of Alisandria

Merchant and Professional Absintheur
Black Orchid Merchant Company

Last edit: 13 Mar 2011 22:11 by .
  • Pappy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • First in, Last out
  • Thank Yous: 103
06 Apr 2011 14:36 #2 by Pappy (Quan)
Replied by Pappy (Quan) on topic Feast and camp cleanup
    My sentiment is an echo of that shared by Marybeth and although their was a few graces that are worth mentioning like the few instances where people actually came in to report a clog in the bathroom or low on paper products, or even the improving respect in the kitchen with regards OOG food and storage of personal belongings, which is all good, it's still of huge importance as was mentioned that we all do our share if not more to keep our common areas comfortable to use; nobody likes to use a filthy, smelly bathroom.

I'd like to mention that we carry surgical rubber gloves for those that want to go the extra mile and cooperate with some of the less preferred chores which by the way take like a minute or two.

While on the topic of cooperation please, please, please be aware that their are indeed 100 plus people using the 2 bath rooms in the main building, and that they cannot be your personal changing rooms, if you need to get in or out of costume kindly ask everyone in your room to excuse you for a moment or go into one of the many closets, ask someone to hold up a blanket whatever but don't go particularly in the communal bathroom and lock the door to change it is selfish, and inconsiderate.
Furthermore, if you are shy about sharing the communal bathroom then I recommend you wait for the single use on the first floor as opposed to locking the door to take a shower in the bathroom meant for more than one person to use... Also, none of this is meant to dissuade you from taking a shower, BY ALL MEANS SHOWER, just plan ahead for everyones benefit.

I'd also like to take this time to especially thank those that sacrificed not going on the main mod to stay and work in the kitchen to make sure the bulk of the work got clean... THANK YOU!

The Staff at Knight Realms

Quan Liu Shen
Former Headmaster of Wudan Mtn. Academy             
"When the time comes, a mouse can become a tiger"

--*--

Vladmir Ahmad As'Hassin
Brotherhood of workers Guild

OGG:
     Luis C
Kitchen Staff
Officer
  • Livia
  • "If I look back, I am lost."
  • Thank Yous: 0
06 Apr 2011 19:06 #3 by Livia (Livia)
Replied by Livia (Livia) on topic Feast and camp cleanup

Another issue this event seemed to be the bathrooms. Please keep your personal items in your own sleeping areas. Toothbrushes, soap, towels, clothes, etc. should not be left in bathrooms that are being shared by over 100 people. Do you REALLY want to use your toothbrush after it has been sitting in a mud-filled bathroom, uncovered with dirty soap scum all around the sink? Probably not, now that you think about it, right?

Also, there are trash cans in the bathrooms. That means when you change a TP roll or use a paper towel to dry your hands, throw these things in the garbage instead of the stalls, sink and middle of the floor.

Your mom is not at the event to pick up your stuff.

There is really no excuse. Just spend the extra 10 seconds. Put your stuff back in your bag, and when you apply makeup or just wash mud off of yourself, wipe the sinks, flush the toilets, throw out any sponges or wet wipes, and just do all of those other things that others do for you.
PLEASE remember that if you are mature enough to be playing, then you are also mature enough to clean up after yourself.

Could I ask that this kind of info (and Feast-i-quette) be quickly passed on to new players during the short orientation -- or even by older players' word of mouth effort? Safety is totally important -- but so are manners!

For instance, because I saw that things were left in the bathroom, I didn't think that it was a problem to leave a small bottle in the shower in the corner for a little bit, until I could come back and get it later, which I will admit I actually forgot to do. And really, when you're not used to this kind of immersion event, everyone needs a little reminder of this sort of logistical stuff because we might not know what the customs are (or are supposed to be)! ...I also didn't realise how dirty that bathroom would become...

Just a suggestion, since I'm not sure that everyone who's new is a board reader like I am. Regardless, thank you for posting it here. :-)

Livia Kitaitshka Arkanian
Magistrate of Travance

====
OOG: Kat S.

(Alt: Li Song)

"I don't want to go to heaven. None of my friends are there." -- Oscar Wilde
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.457 seconds