Cooking feast? here's the need to know...

• Pappy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • First in, Last out
  • Thank Yous: 103
30 Jun 2011 20:14 #1 by Pappy (Quan)
Cooking feast? here's the need to know... was created by Pappy (Quan)
I should make mention for those not familiar with the equipment at the camp:

The ovens and refrigerators are adequate and when they work they do their job fine however, they are not state of the art or even state of the ark. Our vision should be to make feast a memorable part of the event.  I mean I love to see event highlights that include "what a great feast"...

So, because of these challenges I've seen it necessary to implement the following guidelines:

1) Unless otherwise specified by the Director or Plot Marshal for the event, feast must be ready to serve by 6:00pm sharp, and YOU must insure someone will supervise production while you are away.

2) Again, because of the aforementioned challenges with the equipment, the designated hours between 1:00 pm and 5:30 should be used to insure your meal turns out exactly as you planned and a prompt serving time is accomplished, which means you should not plan any in game activity during this time.

3) Preparation is key. I like to check allrecipes.com/ as they have an adequate conversion rate which will give me a fair idea of how much supplies I will need to prepare a meal to serve an average of at least 100 people. I also reference this site for conversion rates from recipes to make shopping easier www.exploratorium.edu/cooking/convert/measurements.html

As the Kitchen Deputy I will be available to help with preparations if needed I will also be supervising that health and sanitary conditions are maintained.

[glow=red,2,300]NO EXCEPTIONS[/glow], unless approved by the director.

Save your spot well in advance...

Thank you all for your efforts.

Quan Liu Shen
Former Headmaster of Wudan Mtn. Academy             
"When the time comes, a mouse can become a tiger"

--*--

Vladmir Ahmad As'Hassin
Brotherhood of workers Guild

OGG:
     Luis C
Kitchen Staff
Officer