Camp Sac Work Day- Sunday July 31, 2011

• Inajira
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 22
20 Jul 2011 07:28 #31 by Inajira (Inajira)
Replied by Inajira (Inajira) on topic Camp Sac Work Day- Sunday July 31, 2011
(Not Aaron)

I might be able to make it, and can help with sewing, craft projects, light electrical work, cleaning, general labor, whatever is needed the most. James, I'll let you know sometime next week if I'm able to show.

Emily

Angus Grumblegut
20 Jul 2011 17:14 #32 by Ashling MacKreagor (Ashling MacKreagor)
Replied by Ashling MacKreagor (Ashling MacKreagor) on topic Camp Sac Work Day- Sunday July 31, 2011
Can do either labor or crafting.  For labor I can do trail and grounds maintanence but please don't let me touch anything electric.  Crafting I can sew and can bring a sewing machine if needed.  also I have a bunch of random fabric I'd love to be rid of.

Go big or go home

ooc:  Terri DePrima
  • Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
20 Jul 2011 17:30 #33 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic Camp Sac Work Day- Sunday July 31, 2011
Ill most likely be staying and Im up for about anything.

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
20 Jul 2011 19:41 #34 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Camp Sac Work Day- Sunday July 31, 2011
I will need three or four people to help with trail and side clearing.  I will be taking the tractor to mow, and along the way to the new field there are several locations that have deadfall that can be moved easily with a few people doing the work.  Cutting of vines and lopping back multiflora rose is also on the agenda.  

Work gloves are needed.  If you are interested in this and do not have gloves, inform me via PM and I will bring extra new ones.  

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Kelly
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank Yous: 134
21 Jul 2011 00:58 #35 by Kelly (Kelly)
Replied by Kelly (Kelly) on topic Camp Sac Work Day- Sunday July 31, 2011
Hey Charlie,

We're going to be sitting down and going over the groups and such, so don't worry about pulling people aside for projects quite yet. If you've got any questions or concerns, shoot me a PM. Thanks!

It would probably be a good idea of people to bring work gloves if they have them, there's a bunch of different things going on.

Dame Zafrin Yhatzi
Knight of Drega'mire

OOG: Kelly Osborne
  • Kuo Kun
  • Thank Yous: 34
21 Jul 2011 14:44 #36 by Kuo Kun (Kuo Kun)
Replied by Kuo Kun (Kuo Kun) on topic Camp Sac Work Day- Sunday July 31, 2011
Looks like I can go to this. Cleaning or labor for me. Can bring a sewing machine if someone wants to use one.
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
26 Jul 2011 07:34 #37 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic Camp Sac Work Day- Sunday July 31, 2011
Thanks for all the responses so far!

Over the last week or two I have caught wind of many different people excited to do thier own projects. I appreciate the enthusiasm tremendously, but I  would like to remind everyone that thier is a very specific work list being performed that day. In order to achieve all I hope to for the day I will need everyone to be working with me and not scheduling thier own separate projects. If you would like me to try to fit your project into the work day I certainly can try if you send me a message and let me know what you want to do, and what is needed and I will see if it is feasible to add to the list.

Once again, because it is Sunday we will need to be done by around 5pm, and so we plan to get started early. I will plan to meet everyone in the main hall of the inn at 9am to begin dividing up the game game plan and splitting people up into different groups.

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
27 Jul 2011 23:33 #38 by Gallion (Gallion)
OK. So it seems that my last post might not have held the intentions that it was supposed to properly. My intention was to not have pure chaos on the work day, or conflicting projects. If you want to work on the area of the camp that you use the most or are the most interested in, Im not going to force you to instead scrub baseboards against your will. I really don't have that kind of power, nor do I have any intention to work you like rented mules with no concern for your desires.  That said, I do need people who are willing to clean and do whatever I need them to do. There are many projects that need to be done on Sunday, and some of them are important to the camp, but may hold no great interest to anyone, at least not at first glance.

I will rescind what I said about personal projects, but if you are going to do your own personal project, you need to let me know what you are doing before you do it. If its something like work on the druids grove, or the graveyard, an herb garden, or one of the land areas, I will likely be fine with it, but please be careful not to collectively deplete all of my volunteers that I will need to do other-stuff. Having a couple of people work with you on your project is reasonable...

Tomorrow I will be writing up a detailed plan of what needs to get done on Sunday, and will attempt to post a little bit of it, to let people know what to expect.

• Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
28 Jul 2011 21:42 #39 by Gallion (Gallion)
Here is a rough idea of our plan. There will be more to work on if time and manpower permits.

LABOR
1 – Move furniture from barn to apartment. (6 People, 30 Minutes, Gloves)
2 – Clear large objects from Side of Barn (6 People, 30 Minutes, Gloves)

3 – Demolition of Health Center Bathroom. Re-drywall and Ceiling in Side Room (3 People, 2 Hours, Hammers, Flatbars, Garbage Bags, masks, Gloves, 6 pieces of ½ inch Drywall, Bleach)

4 – Weed Whacking. (3 People, 4 hours, Machine, Gas)

5 – Framing Concrete for two Pavilions (4 People, 2 each for 3+ hours, 4 pickaxes, 2 chalklines, bunch of 2x8’s)

6 – Fence’s Built (3 People, 3+ hours, Post hole Shovel, fence components)

7 – Prepare area for 1st Storage Shed (2 People, 2 Hours, Cinder Blocks, Level)

8 – Mowing and brush Clearing for views and firewood (3 People, 4 Hours, Charlies Machine, Saws, Gloves, Loppers, etc)

CLEANING
1 – Powerwash Main House, to prep for brown paint (2 People, 2 Hours, Machine, Rain Coat)

2 – Cleaning Crew, building to building, inside and out (4 People, 3+ Hours, Cleaning sprays, rubber gloves, bleach, paper towels, rags, garbage bags, scrub brushes)

CRAFTING
1 – Sewing (Under Direction of Kelly Osborne)

2- Latex Weapon re-organize (2 People, 2 Hours)

29 Jul 2011 10:48 #40 by Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga (Null507)
Replied by Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga (Null507) on topic Camp Sac Work Day- Sunday July 31, 2011
Matt Calo and I will be available for Labor

Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga
Hero of Auralion
Warrior of the White Wolf

- Druid

David Reyes
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
29 Jul 2011 16:06 #41 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic Camp Sac Work Day- Sunday July 31, 2011
My situation has changed and I will no long be able to attend the work day. Sorry :-(

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.529 seconds