Directors Announcements for October 2011

• Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
05 Oct 2011 09:06 #1 by Gallion (Gallion)
Directors Announcements for October 2011 was created by Gallion (Gallion)
[size=14pt]Directors Announcements for October 2011[/size]

Credit for the work weekend
If you were at the work weekend, I have a printout of what you did, but the cards currently will not reflect it. Please remind me to add the build and SP to your card at sign-in and I will do so.

Ride for Luis

I'm looking to get a ride from anyone in the Delaware water gap area close to route 80 Thursday or Friday.  Please let me know...

Luis needs a ride and I could really use him at the event. If anyone can help give him a ride please contact him.

Drinking Water
We are waiting on results to see if the camp water passed this time. We believe it has because they should have called us yesterday if it didn't. I will post here again on Thursday to try to confirm one way or the other.

Kitchen Fridge
Currently there is still only one working kitchen fridge. The new one is there, but not installed yet. The doors are not on it. The new fridge should be operational by the next event. Priority for the kitchen fridge goes to the feast food. There is a fridge in the Health Center and the Tower Cabin, that anyone can use. 

Set-Up Thursday
Anyone willing to come and set up on Thursday please send me a PM to know to expect you.

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
06 Oct 2011 07:15 #2 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic Directors Announcements for October 2011
ATTENTION: WILDERNESS SAFETY

As many if not all of you know, Camp Sacajawea currently serves as the home of a family of four medium- to large-sized bears. Despite numerous announcements, there seems to have been some slack in regards to Bear Safety on the campsite, so please view this post as a reminder on how we can have fun on the campsite without creating a dangerous environment for both the players and the bears themselves. There are four specific points that need to be addressed and followed this and any future event, and if intentionally ignored will cause the offender to be subject to a Rules Violation for Wilderness Safety.

1. DO NOT LEAVE FOOD OR FOOD GARBAGE UNATTENDED: Nothing remotely related to food or items formerly containing food should be left unattended. The bears have grown accustomed to people, and will venture very close if they feel they can get a free meal. If you have a picnic during the event, clean it up immediately and deposit all food and food-debris in a lidded trash can with a bag.  If you have a large quantity of food debris, it would be best if you bring that bag to the dumpster to be disposed of sooner than later – otherwise the site will be left with an awful mess when a bear knocks the full can over looking for a snack that you or someone else will have to clean up.

2. IF YOU ARE IG IN CHARGE OF AN AREA, YOU ARE OOG RESPONSIBLE FOR THE GARBAGE CANS: It is your responsibility as part of clean up to make sure all trash cans are emptied, contents brought to the dumpster (by you or someone else), and bags replaced. (See below for reminders regarding collection).

3. GARBAGE BAGS MUST BE USED: It should go unsaid, but please do not use a trash can that does not have a bag in it already, and if a bag is full, please bring it to the dumpsters and replace the bag. Most cans should have extra bags in the bottoms unless someone accidently throws them out, and more can always be gotten from the Kitchen. The number of cans I see being used without bags is honestly appalling and easily rectified with a little consideration – just because someone else did it, doesn't mean you should too.

4. GARBAGE BAGS GO INTO THE DUMPSTER, NOT NEXT TO IT: Lately people have begun putting bags next to the dumpster rather than inside of it. This leaves them exposed to the bears and the elements, resulting in a giant mess that James or Ron often have to clean up.  Please make sure your bags actually make it into the dumpster where they belong, and everyone will be much happier.

Thank you for your attention and consideration to these matters, and please pass it on to others who are new or who do not often read the boards.

• Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
06 Oct 2011 23:05 #3 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic Directors Announcements for October 2011
Water[/b
I have not received the paper from the town about the water yet. This only means the mail is slow. Officially drink the water at your own risk... but unofficially the water should be fine, unless the townships screwed up and didn't call us, however unlikely that is.

Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.440 seconds