KR Website - Maintenance on Sunday, 1/15, at Noon

• GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
12 Jan 2012 18:39 #1 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
KR Website - Maintenance on Sunday, 1/15, at Noon was created by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
This Sunday, at 12:00 Noon, the Knight Realms website will be down for a bit as we upgrade it to a newer version.

To set expectations:  This will not be a major change in how the site looks, or the content that is on it.  Instead, this will be a major change "under the hood" to the software that runs the site, specifically the forums.  The problems with people logging into, out of, and getting logged out of the Forums against their will should be gone with this update.  The same changes will happen to the ST forums and the Camp Sacajawea forums once the KR site is done.

I will be doing my best to make sure everyone's posts and personal information is kept intact, but there may be some bumps along the way.  In particular, re-assigning everyone to their groups may take some time, as I will be re-adding people by hand.  I anticipate spending Monday ironing out any wrinkles from the move, so I will be available by post, PM, or email () to fix them.

If you have any posts or PMs that are vital to your existence, please copy them to your computer before Noon on Sunday, to be safe!

Also, please take a moment to make sure your email address is up to date in you Profile on the Forums, so that you receive any notices when your account is moved, and the website is back online again.  You will likely receive an email similar to the "Test Site" one that went out last week - this one will be genuine. ;)

Your Avatars will be reset.  There will be a post on the new Forums asking you to link to a good picture of you, for me to make a new Avatar - I will try to hit some of the more popular posters and the Staff ahead of time.

If you have problems logging in once the site is back up, please try resetting your password to log in, using the link at the top of the new Forums when they go live.

Thank you, and see you on the new site on Sunday afternoon!

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
15 Jan 2012 12:09 #2 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic KR Website - Maintenance on Sunday, 1/15, at Noon
This is being delayed a few hours, while I work out some more bugs - downtime tentatively pushed back to 6:00 PM tonight.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
15 Jan 2012 19:12 #3 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic KR Website - Maintenance on Sunday, 1/15, at Noon
Should we PM you links to avatars and list the boards we had access to prior to the move?

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.437 seconds