Rules Update: Immobilized, Commune w/ Nature

• GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
12 Feb 2012 21:55 #1 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Rules Update: Immobilized, Commune w/ Nature was created by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
The following rules have been updated:

Condition (Immobilized): The character cannot move, speak, or interact with her surroundings. The character is unaware of her surroundings, but is capable of thought. She is impervious to harm, help, or alteration that does not first remove this condition. A character must possess Strength +6 or greater to be able to move a normal humanoid that is immobilized.

This update allows Unstoppable Force to work as intended.

Commune with Nature
4 DP; Traits: Druidic (Vitality), Caster, Headband (Red), Concentration
This spell allows the caster to meld with a tree and recuperate and contemplate in peace. If the tree is damaged while the caster is melded with it, the caster suffers half of the damage from each attack. If a caster enters Serious condition while melded with a tree, she immediately separates from the tree and falls to the ground in her original form. If the caster remains in the tree for the duration of the spell (30 Minutes), she heals twenty points of damage, and can ask one question of Mother Nature (Seek the Director or a Storyteller to ask this question). You may only ask one question of Mother Nature per period.

This change brings the spell in line with the recently updated Concentration trait.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • rivanyasi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Opportunity lets you find, Skill lets you procure.
  • Thank Yous: 42
13 Feb 2012 05:09 #2 by rivanyasi (rivanyasi)
Replied by rivanyasi (rivanyasi) on topic Rules Update: Immobilized, Commune w/ Nature
That update to Commune brings up an interesting question...

How many BP does a tree have? I ask because at one point, I NPC'd with a goblin band that tried to hack down the Gaian Altar, 2 damage at a time... Does that actually require a Break skill? (Dare I ask... Break Limb?) Does the bark provide a soak?

Presumably, it should be possible...

Na'ar Chacov, Soul of the Stars.

Ayiri Amexis, Sorceress' Apprentice.
Lupta Tamasa, Torn and Blackened.

OOG: Riva A.
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
13 Feb 2012 07:05 - 13 Feb 2012 07:05 #3 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic Rules Update: Immobilized, Commune w/ Nature
Inanimate objects such as trees do not have body points and are not intended to be allowed to be destroyed without the presence of a storyteller of some kind. If you do damage at the tree, the dryad takes 1/2 the damage and falls out of the tree when its unconscious. Please remember that you should not know that a dryad is melded with a tree unless there is a logical reason in-game which you should.

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
Last edit: 13 Feb 2012 07:05 by Gallion (Gallion).
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
13 Feb 2012 08:24 #4 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Rules Update: Immobilized, Commune w/ Nature
Also remember, it's a Red Headband Skill.

Steward of Elvalion
  • Rudolf
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 140
13 Feb 2012 09:39 #5 by Rudolf (Rudolf)
Replied by Rudolf (Rudolf) on topic Rules Update: Immobilized, Commune w/ Nature

A character must possess Strength +6 or greater to be able to move a normal humanoid that is immobilized.

If I use Concentrate Alchemy and quaff a Potion of Giant's Strength, it says that I am permitted one feat of strength at Strength + 3 (doubled to 6 with Concentrate Alchemy). Would this one feat allow me to carry an immobilized person from the field?

Lord Rudolf Von Kreutzdorf of Ostcliff
Golden Rose Trading Company
OOG - Larry Wile (Marshal)
13 Feb 2012 10:27 #6 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Replied by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred) on topic Rules Update: Immobilized, Commune w/ Nature
I would say it would allow you to lift the person and move them with out walking. However, once you get to the point of extended use (walking an immobilized person across a battlefield) I wouldn't consider that a single act.

-OOG Michael Smith
  • Velius
  • Never walk into a fair fight when walking into an unfair fight is an option.
  • Thank Yous: 76
13 Feb 2012 16:32 #7 by Velius (Velius)
Replied by Velius (Velius) on topic Rules Update: Immobilized, Commune w/ Nature
Imprison
6 FP; Traits: Divine (Law), Attack, Ranged, Condition (Immobilized)
This prayer confines an opponent within a divine barrier Imprisoning her for a duration of fifteen (15) minutes. The opponent cannot be moved or carried by any means.

Does this supersede the +6 strength stipulation in the new immobilized trait, or is it merely an oversight?

"I don't always NPC. But when I do, it's for years at a time."
13 Feb 2012 16:52 #8 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Replied by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred) on topic Rules Update: Immobilized, Commune w/ Nature
As written, this would trump the +6 Strength to move an immobilized person. However, I am not sure if it was or wasn't an oversight. If another RM remembers our intention with that skill when the traits went in, please chime in.

-OOG Michael Smith
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
13 Feb 2012 17:25 #9 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Rules Update: Immobilized, Commune w/ Nature
A specific rule always overrides a general one - in this case, it's intentionally specific, so Mike is correct. (If it was not intended, the text would have been dropped when the trait was added. There's a difference between picking up a statue or a block of ice, and someone imprisoned by mystical forces.)

Steward of Elvalion
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
13 Apr 2012 21:15 #10 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
This has been updated in the Rulebook.

Steward of Elvalion
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.538 seconds