Website Downtime: Saturday, March 3rd, Noon

• GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
01 Mar 2012 22:42 #1 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Website Downtime: Saturday, March 3rd, Noon was created by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
We'll be moving to a new hosting provider for the website this weekend. The plan is to take the server down at Noon on Wed., and move it to its new home, which should take about an hour or two.

I'll be making extra sure no data is lost during the process. The site will go offline, to ensure no posts get accidentally posted during the move and then lost.

If you have problems accessing the site after the move, you may need to A) clear your browser's cache, or B) reboot / clear your computer's DNS to see the new server. In an extreme case, it may take up to 24 hours for your internet provider to see the new server, although this is extremely rare.

Hopefully this will be the end of the recent rash of issues we've been having, technically. I have more plans for the site, but they're good ones. :)

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
03 Mar 2012 13:50 #2 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Website Downtime: Saturday, March 3rd, Noon
The move is complete - if you have any issues, please drop an email to , or post here.

Steward of Elvalion
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
11 Mar 2012 19:33 #3 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Website Downtime: Saturday, March 3rd, Noon
As a quick note, we had one more update to a more powerful server during the event - any issues with "Error 500," images missing from the gallery, etc. should be gone now.

If you see ANY issues with website performance, please post them here. We're on some pretty darn powerful hardware now, so we should see a nice increase in site speed and overall responsiveness.

Steward of Elvalion
12 Mar 2012 00:30 #4 by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH)
Replied by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH) on topic Website Downtime: Saturday, March 3rd, Noon
I currently seem to be unable to see the "my profile" page on one of my web browsers (safari), and a change I made to my signature, which I thought was showing up, suddenly isn't.

~Charani Yhatzi

OOG: Sharone Horowit-Hendler
kitchen staff
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
12 Mar 2012 07:26 #5 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Sharone, I'll contact you offline to look into this.

Steward of Elvalion
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.444 seconds