a note from your friendly Image Wizard about Alt

29 Mar 2012 12:59 - 29 Mar 2012 14:22 #1 by Image Wizard (Image Wizard)
a note from your friendly Image Wizard about Alt was created by Image Wizard (Image Wizard)
Hello All ... :-)

I must leave late Saturday night. So ... if anybody wants a portrait of their Alt costume please be sure to get to me either friday night or during the day Saturday !!

One other thing I wanted to mention. As some of you have noticed and pointed out to me, the gallery where you could see all the images I'd taken for each event ... is no longer viewable. I agree this is regrettable as there are always multiple really fun and great images that do not make it to the monthly posting that James puts up. It's certainly not his fault since he has to choose among some 300 or so pics that I give him for every event. There's always a bunch more worth looking at. Again .. don't fault James.

The idea was to be able to see the rest of these images and if anybody wanted them for their personal usage a full size Jpg could be had for a nominal cost. This can happen any event since I'm always there for all 3 days (usually).
Although it was an e-commerce site I set it up strictly so that you could view the overflow of images from each event and could access past events.

Unfortunately, I got little response to this idea. Please understand that I have to pay to maintain the site and it takes a good deal of time to upload and also do an additional edit for that purpose. It's impossible to put up the full size Jpg. Without an adequate response factor where it didn't at least pay for itself I unfortunately had to discontinue the service. I wish it were otherwise. There's a lot of cool pics that are not being seen :(

That said, I do have a bit of a solution. I always have the images on disk from past events with me. Anyone can come over anytime you see me and I'll be happy to pop the appropriate disk in to view. If enough people are interested I can bring a second laptop dedicated for just this purpose. In fact it may even work out better this way.
It's in your hands :unsure:

I look forward to seeing everybody :-)
Image Wizard
Last edit: 29 Mar 2012 14:22 by Image Wizard (Image Wizard).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Woolsey Bysmor (Osred), Moirya (Moirya)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.435 seconds