Logistics Re-Stock and Donation Drive for 2012

• Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
27 Aug 2012 10:22 - 11 Sep 2012 18:21 #1 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Logistics Re-Stock and Donation Drive for 2012 was created by Elawyn (Elawyn)
This Post is Approved by James C. Kimball

A recent assessment of the supplies in Logistics has fully informed us as to what we need and what we do not. Please post below if you would like donate an item on the list, and I will record your name and update the list. If you find you can no longer donate the item, please let me know ASAP! That way someone else can jump on board to donate. I will continually update this list as needed

I have divided the list below into "Logistics Needs" and "Storyteller Needs" – this should be fairly straightforward, but the big difference is that Storyteller Needs are time sensitive and their donation is required to run an awesome event for you – so if you want to donate those items, pay attention to the "due date" and don't sign up if you aren't sure you can provide it (of course just update here if you find you cannot). Storyteller donations will be accepted by the specific Storyteller, whereas Logistics needs will be accepted by a designated person in Logistics during Sign-in

LOGISTICS NEEDS:
Due to necessity all items below will receive at least DOUBLE service points, with some items providing special compensation, marked with an asterisks (*).

Make-up – Specifically we are looking for high quality stage makeup; we will not accept donations of cheap Halloween store makeup and like. This means brands like Mehron, Ben Nye, Kryolean, or their equivalents. All actual Makeup Items receive TRIPLE SERVICE POINTS.

Liquid Makeup (e.g. Mehron Liquid) – PLEASE NOTE SIZE OF BOTTLES

One each of these 16 oz Bottles: Blue, yellow, grey, red, orange, purple, brown

Detail Makeup (e.g. Ben Nye Lumiere Creme, Kryolean Aquacolor, etc.)

Wide variety of small ones of any color needed – some are listed as "refills" for the larger pallettes– we do not want these, only ones with caps/lids or a set in their own palette. (*While we will take these individually, providing a significant number will garner special compensation – Contact me privately*)

Specific Colors: Metallics (Silver, bronze, copper, gold); "Sylph" Colors (Blues, Yellows, Reds); Greens & Browns

Temporary Colored Hair Sprays: White (2), Grey (1), Blue (1), Green (1), Red (1)

Make-up Applicators:

Synthetic Wedge Sponges (4 Bags, something like this: www.amazon.com/Wonder-Wedge-Cosmetic-Wed...ywords=makeup+sponge )

Natural Sponges (2 Bags, something like this: www.amazon.com/Natural-Sea-Silk-Sponges-...atural+makeup+sponge )

Disposable Makeup Applicators (NOT Q-Tips, something like this: www.amazon.com/Fran-Wilson-Precision-Mak...ds=makeup+applicator )

Baby Wipes (1 Bulk Box)

New/Second Make-up Box: *SPECIAL* A new large tool box to use to hold all this. We'd like something very similar to what we have, only a little bigger. Contact me for details.

Latex Prosthetics – (Aradani ( www.aradani.com ) is preferred, but if another less expensive company produces a comparable product, that will absolutely be accepted.) These receive TRIPLE SERVICE POINTS

Large Elf Ears (5): www.aradanicostumes.com/elf_ears/small_anime_ears
Long "Sylph" Ears (2): www.aradanicostumes.com/elf_ears/large_anime_ears
Large Horns (10): www.aradanicostumes.com/horns/universal_latex_horn
Small Horns (5): www.aradanicostumes.com/horns/Bone_demon_horn
"Evil" or Hobgoblin Ears (2): www.aradanicostumes.com/elf_ears/evil_elf_ears

A NOTE ON COSTUMING DONATIONS
At the present time we have a ton of random cheap costuming, but not much in the way of very simple, quality items. We therefore will only be accepting the following items for costuming donation:

Reasonable-Quality Renaissance-Style Cotton Shirts (Sizes Medium, Large, and Extra Large in a variety of colors)
Hats (5) - muffin, beret, or cap style
[strike]Pouches (10)[/strike] - Samantha M.
*High-Quality or Exceptional Pieces of Costuming (Items that appear professional in construction and are akin to Moresca doublets/jerkins, Damsel in this Dress bodices, Good-Quality armor, and so forth). If you are unsure if what you would like to donate fits the qualifications, feel free to message me privately.

Spell Packets

---

STORYTELLER NEEDS

The following are items that are needed for upcoming weekend and long-term plotlines. Please notice that they do have due dates – while they can absolutely be received before this date, if not received by then they will be removed from the list. Objects below receive DOUBLE SP, with some receiving special compensation as marked.

Chris G's ST Needs

Blue Necklace-Style Glowsticks (1 Pack of 100 - SEPTEMBER 2012)

[strike]Demon Horns (SEPTEMBER 2012)[/strike] - Ali (10 pairs clay) and Meghan (How Many?)

[strike]LED Light Ball (4 - SEPTEMBER 2012)[/strike] - Dan

Kristen's ST Needs:

Blue & Green 4" Glowsticks (Unlimited): www.sureglow.com/sg-store/catalog/glow-i...ks-c-295_292_84.html
Red military-style berets (2) - www.armynavydeals.com/asp/products_detai...WOOL%20MONTY%20BERET

Prosthetics (as per rule above - TRIPLE SP):
[strike]Sea Elf Ears (2 - JANUARY 2013): www.aradanicostumes.com/elf_ears/sea_elf_ears [/strike] - Matt C.
"Evil" or Hobgoblin Ears (2– DECEMBER 2012): www.aradanicostumes.com/elf_ears/evil_elf_ears
Long "Sylph" Ears (2 – JANUARY 2013): www.aradanicostumes.com/elf_ears/large_anime_ears

[strike]*Wooden or Metal Wand (2 – DECEMBER 2012) – one should be unique looking[/strike]

[strike]*Men's Circlet (1 – NOVEMBER 2012) (must be size adjustable, preferably metal but leather is acceptable – compensation dependant on quality, but could involve Build Rewards - Please contact Kristen before purchase)[/strike]

---

Thank you for all your help and support!

---

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
Last edit: 11 Sep 2012 18:21 by Daniel McKraegar (Daniel McKraegar).
  • Belegchand
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 163
27 Aug 2012 11:45 #2 by Belegchand (mcalo)
Replied by Belegchand (mcalo) on topic Logistics Re-Stock and Donation Drive for 2012
I'll handle the spirit gum (5 small bottles) and 1 of the sets of Large Elf Ears from Logistics Needs and 2 sets of Sea Elf Ears from ST Needs.

OOG: Matt Calo - Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elawyn (Elawyn)
27 Aug 2012 13:44 #3 by Galstaus Nightwolf (galstaus)
Replied by Galstaus Nightwolf (galstaus) on topic Logistics Re-Stock and Donation Drive for 2012
I will bump up my production of sewn headbands if you want. I will make the reversible ones: white/blue and red/yellow. Including the 7 of each I promised Chris, I will make 10-15 of each.

BOOM. I will be on my sewing machine like Martha Stewart! :woohoo:

OOG: Dan "DB" Lupus

"I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown."
-Homer
27 Aug 2012 14:55 #4 by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
Replied by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes) on topic Logistics Re-Stock and Donation Drive for 2012
I can also assist with headbands. Because I work at Michaels, I can get ribbon fairly cheaply. I'll just start bringing a roll of each every event until we have a halfway decent stockpile.

"What do you take me for? Some kind of big damn hero?"
Sergei Petsho, Voivode and Steward of Inovar, Owner and Masseur Extraordinaire of Magic Hands Massage.

"What, it's for my research, I swear!"
Nigel Whitworth, Gentleman Apothecary

"Here, kid, suck on this and shut up for a while."
Aengus MacAengus Hesperus, Professional Old Person

OOG: Chris Zipeto
Storyteller
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
27 Aug 2012 14:58 #5 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic Logistics Re-Stock and Donation Drive for 2012
Dan - That's great - we can leave the red/yellows for weekend NPC use, and reserve the clothe headbands for marshals.

Chris - That would be wonderful, and will allow us to just keep a nice stock.

Later tonight I will be combining Chris's post with mine to avoid confusion.

Guardian of Belladeen

---
  • Raxas
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 14
27 Aug 2012 15:32 #6 by Raxas (Raxas Lonestar)
Replied by Raxas (Raxas Lonestar) on topic Logistics Re-Stock and Donation Drive for 2012
Anyone who is looking for the makeup donation contact me I can and will get the makeup for you for this event (as long as it is in stock). I have been contacted already and will be looking into what is needed that i don't have at the moment. Contact me no later then this coming Wednesday (i can not front all the money for the donation this time as it does get expensive).

OOG: Randy Werd
Marshal
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
28 Aug 2012 15:06 #7 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic Logistics Re-Stock and Donation Drive for 2012
Just as a note - if you are ordering yourself or through Randy, please just let me know here or privately what is being ordered, so that it can be marked down above. Thanks!

Guardian of Belladeen

---
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
28 Aug 2012 17:27 #8 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Logistics Re-Stock and Donation Drive for 2012
I will (through Randy) provide Cake make-up, 2 each black and green and one blue. I am looking to put together some liquid as well.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
31 Aug 2012 08:25 #9 by Mother Marika (Ophelia)
Replied by Mother Marika (Ophelia) on topic Logistics Re-Stock and Donation Drive for 2012
I can make decent pouches fairly well. Do you have a preference to cloth or pleather? Also, I can make some Renaissance shirts, but not by this event. Definitely by October event though. Any color preferences? I remember seeing a few creams and blues in logistics.

Master Marika Korsova Laurent Belmont
Priestess of Galmachis
Soul Warden
Shadow Hunter
"For eternity."

Doctor Winifred Sterling
"Oh dear...now I'll have to cut it out...again..."

OOG- Samantha Maksoud
Logistics Marshal

"Intelligence is the wife, imagination is the mistress, memory is the servant."-Victor Hugo
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
31 Aug 2012 08:59 #10 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Sam -

No preference on pouch material, really whatever you would pull together is fine as long as they can close tight enough to hold coin and gems. If you want to go an extra mile, it wouldn't hurt if they were marked in some way to indicate that they belong to KR. Pouches are one of those things that seem to get walked off if eventually. Not sure the best method though. Should I mark you down for all 10, or less than that?

As for shirts, blacks and browns are a good standard as they can be used by anyone, but other than that greens, blues, reds can also be pretty universal. Whites and creams are really nice, but can look worn out quickly and get pretty stained. Just be sure to lean towards larger when it comes to sizes. October is certainly fine - while we would love to get everything as soon as we can, this Drive is not limited to Sept.

Thanks so much!

Guardian of Belladeen

---
31 Aug 2012 09:43 #11 by Mother Marika (Ophelia)
Replied by Mother Marika (Ophelia) on topic Logistics Re-Stock and Donation Drive for 2012
Oh that's a good idea. I can sew ''Property of Knight Realms '' on each one or something. And yes. All 10 pouches. I have so much fabric laying around that this is an excellent opportunity to get rid of some of it :-P

Master Marika Korsova Laurent Belmont
Priestess of Galmachis
Soul Warden
Shadow Hunter
"For eternity."

Doctor Winifred Sterling
"Oh dear...now I'll have to cut it out...again..."

OOG- Samantha Maksoud
Logistics Marshal

"Intelligence is the wife, imagination is the mistress, memory is the servant."-Victor Hugo
  • Ali
  • Those Who Hear Not The Music Think The Drummer Mad
  • Thank Yous: 36
02 Sep 2012 11:30 - 02 Sep 2012 11:31 #12 by Ali (Nutmeg)
Replied by Ali (Nutmeg) on topic Logistics Re-Stock and Donation Drive for 2012
I'll go through my make-up kit and anything I've got (I use Ben Nye & Aquacolour) that I'm not using I'll bring. I went to school for costume design, prop building, lighting and stage effects make-up. Some of the stuff will go bad if I don't give it away in a year or so.

I'll as I said before make 10 pairs of horns. If you guys could send me photo references what you say is demon style I'd appreciate it since up here demon's are a bit different then down there.

If you want I can also make reversible head bands since I work for a fabric distribution center occasionally.

I will also make 4 shoulder bags.

There's a store around me that sells sponge applicators not to sure if they are latex free. Would those do? I can pick up 3-4 bags worth.

Also for the wand is there any type of reference you guys want?

Ali

IG: Nutmeg, Hobbit and Chef Extraordinaire
OOG: --Ali--
Last edit: 02 Sep 2012 11:31 by Ali (Nutmeg).
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
03 Sep 2012 11:43 #13 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Hi Ali -

Some Answers:

Horns - Take a look at the links to the prosthetics above, and you'll have an idea what we mean by demon horns. Its pretty open to interpretation honestly, as long as they were little pointy horns, they work.

Bags - Thanks!

Applicators - do you mean the triangle sponges (like above) or the little eyeshadow-like applicators? Either is fine.

For the wands, I am fairly open with what I am looking for, although I prefer wood - basically, one should be something like a standard sorcery wand, the other perhaps a little more "special" looking - message me privately with any thoughts, suggestions, or questions.

Thanks so much!

Guardian of Belladeen

---
05 Sep 2012 16:13 #14 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Replied by Sean Moulson (Moulson13) on topic Logistics Re-Stock and Donation Drive for 2012
I will be bringing Ben Nye Lumiere to donate.

Anhil Shadesar, Knight of Kaladonia

Storyteller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elawyn (Elawyn), Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
11 Sep 2012 18:19 #15 by Daniel McKraegar (Daniel McKraegar)
Replied by Daniel McKraegar (Daniel McKraegar) on topic Logistics Re-Stock and Donation Drive for 2012
Thank you to everyone that has donated thus far. This drive will be continuing into next month as there are still a few things we are looking for. I have updated the list to remove the things I know were delivered. Things we really need for this month are the various makeup applicators. We are also in desparate need of spell packets. Keep an eye of this space for other needs from the staff.

Jason Michaeli

Sir Daniel McKraegar
Knight of Kaladonia
13 Sep 2012 16:09 #16 by GinGinny GinRum (Pyai)
Replied by GinGinny GinRum (Pyai) on topic Logistics Re-Stock and Donation Drive for 2012
Will you accept crocheted muffin hats? I can shoot over a pic of what they look like.

IG: GinGinny GinRum
Ambassador of Alisandria
OOG: Megan Coppock
RP Marshall
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
13 Sep 2012 16:19 #17 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
My only hesitation is the ease at which such a hat will absorb water (and sweat), and the dubiousness of washing them. If neither of these are actually a problem, please feel free to send me a link to a picture and I will let you know. :)

Guardian of Belladeen

---
  • Ali
  • Those Who Hear Not The Music Think The Drummer Mad
  • Thank Yous: 36
21 Sep 2012 20:06 #18 by Ali (Nutmeg)
Replied by Ali (Nutmeg) on topic Logistics Re-Stock and Donation Drive for 2012
Hey everyone!

I know there were ppl asking for the candle's that blow out I wasn't sure if this was a sale or not but think geek has them up for sale. Candles

This looks like a good sale but alas I don't buy these often.

Ali

IG: Nutmeg, Hobbit and Chef Extraordinaire
OOG: --Ali--
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.801 seconds