Sunday - Oct. 28th - New IG Group System

• GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
24 Oct 2012 10:41 #1 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Sunday - Oct. 28th - New IG Group System was created by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
This Sunday, October 28th, a new Group Management system will debut on the Knight Realms forums, for In-Game groups.

The system will display a list of all avaialble IG groups that a player can join, and (in most cases) an Apply link, member list, and other useful information. A player that wishes to join a group (such as for a Land, Guild, etc.) can simply click on the Apply link and will be added when the leader for that group approves them.

Each group will have an Owner, who can then assign Admins and Moderators to their group (think of Knights and Scribes and / or Lieutennants). Admins and Moderators will be able to help invite and approve members, and also moderate the boards. The Owner of each group will be the Lord, Guildmaster, etc. for that group.

Some groups, such as the Rogue's Guild and Nobility groups, will be by invite only (meaning you cannot apply to them). Some will also have their membership hidden, unless you are a member of the group. If you wish to join one of these groups, you will need to PM the owner, and ask them to invite you (along with a reason why they should). This is an added step to make sure that someone doesn't accidentally get added to a group they shouldn't belong to, and gain OOG information they should not have.

Because of the number of groups, and the number of people in each group, I will NOT be adding people back into the IG groups - your Lord / Guildmaster / etc. will need to re-approve or invite you, and / or you should re-apply to your groups (A list of current members will be provided to each Owner when the transition is done). No posts will be lost, although there will be a brief period while they are being moved from the old system to the new one.

OOG Groups, such as for Marshals, Kitchen, etc. will remain unchanged. As before, you will need to contact the appropriate Staff member to be added to an OOG group.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
The following user(s) said Thank You: geezer (geezer), Clove (Mark), Ming Na (Ming Na), Moirya (Moirya), Sir Takouri Ringi (Takouri Ringi), Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
24 Oct 2012 14:01 #2 by curt pantuso (Nyle M.)
Replied by curt pantuso (Nyle M.) on topic Sunday - Oct. 28th - New IG Group System
Awesome! thank you Geoff!

IG: Nyle M.

OOG curt pantuso
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
28 Oct 2012 16:56 #3 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Sunday - Oct. 28th - New IG Group System
The new system is LIVE!

There's going to be a transition time as everyone gets to re-join their old groups (and potentially some new ones.) Please be patient as your Lord / Guildmaster / Leader invites you or accepts your requests to join.

All old posts from the old boards are in the process of being moved to the new ones. No posts will be lost.

If you are a Group Admin - I've turned off notifications for now, so that you don't get spammed to Hell and back while the system kicks in. After the Nov. event, you'll begin to get PMs when someone asks to join your group, or when you invite someone.

Please use the new "Groups" links in the upper RIGHT corner of the screen (under the Rulebook icon / link) to get started!

Group Admins - email me at if you have any questions or issues. Include your cell phone # if you want me to call you, as I'll likely be home for the next day or two during the hurricane. (Hopefully, I'll have power & internet during this time!)

Steward of Elvalion
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
28 Oct 2012 17:24 #4 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Sunday - Oct. 28th - New IG Group System
Bear with me as I move posts to the new boards - you all post too much! :-P (I am seeing that some other admins are already moving their own posts - thank you for the assist!)

Steward of Elvalion
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kelly (Kelly)
  • Josephine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • You're welcome.
  • Thank Yous: 64
29 Oct 2012 08:45 #5 by Josephine (mferro54)
Replied by Josephine (mferro54) on topic Sunday - Oct. 28th - New IG Group System
Thanks for all your hard work on this Geoff!

IG: Josephine Weaveforger,
Carlotta OZ
OOG: Mary Bouchard (nee Ferro)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
01 Nov 2012 09:29 #6 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
REMINDER!

If you can't see your old boards - go to Groups Overview in the upper RIGHT corner, and re-apply to join your groups!

If you are a Lord or Group Leader, you must approve people to join your group! You can delegate people to have them help, or change the settings so people don't need approval, as you see fit.

Remember, accessing the boards is an IG matter!

Steward of Elvalion
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
01 Nov 2012 22:54 #7 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
/bump!

A lot of people have been PMing me asking what happened to the boards - read above!

Spread the word to people who may not read the boards!

Steward of Elvalion
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.531 seconds