CAMP REPORT!

• Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
31 Oct 2012 16:11 #1 by Gallion (Gallion)
CAMP REPORT! was created by Gallion (Gallion)
Camp Report. The drive there was easy; no traffic, no fallen debris. The Rockaway Mall has power (Intersection of 15 and 80) meaning all of their stores are open as are the surrounding big chain stores. (I am in fact posting this from the starbucks at the rockaway mall, only place i have found with wi-fi). As of Wed morning there is not power closer to the camp.

On the camp, there is no power, but the running water at the main house and health cabin work, as do the flushable toilets there. The tents are obliterated (like Korean Jesus really fricken hates tents or something), with only a few still standing. The buildings are fine, except a tree that is making out with the Kaladonia statehouse, but as long as we can get it off, it should be fine enough to use. We will have plenty of firewood to burn in the inn and health lodge, and Ron is grabbing propane tanks for anyone who wants to buy them off of him.

Now one of two things will happen. Either we will be very lucky and get power back by Friday night and thus mostly everything will be like normal… or we will fall into special emergency mode and do a few things differently. If this is the case we will be using real candles to light the inn; we will of course have to be VERY careful. We will be lighting logistics either with real candle or lanterns, or a combination there of. If you normally stay in Alisandria, Pendarvin or Kaladonia, please check for a post on your private boards for more information related to your area. That post may not be up until late tonight, or the morning.

Despite the fact that we will have firewood, you will still want to dress warmly, all of you. It will be chilly at night, but it will be bearable if you come prepared with layers, good socks, and a hat on your head of any kind to keep your body heat in.

There will be some other possible issues if we don’t get power soon. The allegiance system papers and cards may not be available. We also may have to get creative with the character cards. No matter what you can rest assured that we will properly make sure a system for keeping records will be set up so no one looses out on anything. IN FACT ... If we do end up playing with these hardships, I will make sure those who decided to suck it up and put their play-pretend pants on, will be rewarded well for their dedication including an extra self taught skill and a blanket reward of extra build for attending the event.

So come out to the “REvolutions”, “Knight Realms” crossover event!!!! It’ll be a BLAST!

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josephine (mferro54)
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
31 Oct 2012 16:16 #2 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic CAMP REPORT!
I will also post updated here as I can.

As an aside, I can really use a hand setting up both tomorrow morning/day and friday. I will likely be staying over tomorrow night as well. If you can come to the camp to help set up, please do. Text me (do not call, my phone connection isnt reliable) to let me know you will be there to help. 908-917-7120 Thanks! ;)

• Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
31 Oct 2012 16:20 #3 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic CAMP REPORT!
Few more things of note:
- The stoves and ovens do in fact work! both in the main house and the health lodge. Cooking will be possible. However refrigeration might not (unless we get power). Feast may have to be altered as a result. Going to have to play that one by ear. You should bring food with you if you can, just in case, and only non-perishables that don't need refrigeration.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ming Na (Ming Na)
  • Casandra
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Let me take you on a journey like no other...
  • Thank Yous: 206
01 Nov 2012 07:46 #4 by Casandra (Casandra)
Replied by Casandra (Casandra) on topic CAMP REPORT!
So, is the Quick Check open?

Casandra Blackthorne
Lady of Alisandria

Merchant and Professional Absintheur
Black Orchid Merchant Company

• Kleidin
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 152
01 Nov 2012 08:57 #5 by Kleidin (Kleidin)
Replied by Kleidin (Kleidin) on topic CAMP REPORT!
Per quikcheks Facebook page, Lafayette Qc on 15 is open

Lady Kleidin du Tenkukai Weaveforger Laurent-Belmont of Kaladonia
Master Witch Hunter, and Elder Druid
OOG: Diane Sodher
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pappy (Quan), Misaki (cbodnar), Josephine (mferro54), Moirya (Moirya), Zathir (Clevatus), Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
01 Nov 2012 12:20 #6 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Replied by Sean Moulson (Moulson13) on topic CAMP REPORT!
Oh god that is the best news ever!

Anhil Shadesar, Knight of Kaladonia

Storyteller
  • Kadin D
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 53
01 Nov 2012 12:50 #7 by Kadin D (Katie D)
Replied by Kadin D (Katie D) on topic CAMP REPORT!
Yay!!!

Physician

Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

OOG - Katie DeFranza

New Player Marshal, Safety Marshal
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
01 Nov 2012 17:56 #8 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic CAMP REPORT!
Yes the quick check is open, but as of right now, the ONLY place to get gas is the Exxon accross the street, and when I drive by, the line was halfway to white lake road. Ill take a drive and update tomorrow on the lines.

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
  • Casandra
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Let me take you on a journey like no other...
  • Thank Yous: 206
01 Nov 2012 18:39 #9 by Casandra (Casandra)
Replied by Casandra (Casandra) on topic CAMP REPORT!
I've just been told that the nearby town of Newton has power back and some open gas stations.

Casandra Blackthorne
Lady of Alisandria

Merchant and Professional Absintheur
Black Orchid Merchant Company

• Zathir
  • He's Zahir, I'm Zathir, our sister Ze'Everywhere, she gets around.
  • Thank Yous: 42
02 Nov 2012 07:26 #10 by Zathir (Clevatus)
Replied by Zathir (Clevatus) on topic CAMP REPORT!
Thanks for the gas updates, ill make sure im full up before i get close.

Zathir Ib'n Hatim Al Nawar

-Vassal of Drega'Mire

(OOG-Nathaniel Galloway)
  • Uhtred
  • Thank Yous: 18
02 Nov 2012 07:33 #11 by Uhtred (Erich Lutz)
Replied by Uhtred (Erich Lutz) on topic CAMP REPORT!
Good news, I'm glad the camp pulled relatively through. I hope everyone else did and there is no damage to their homes. My prayers are with you all.

Vassal of Alisandria

OOG: Erich Lutz
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sindarion (Steven SA)
  • Leanaya
  • Thank Yous: 8
02 Nov 2012 12:25 #12 by Leanaya (Leanaya)
Replied by Leanaya (Leanaya) on topic CAMP REPORT!
Gas in NJ is scarce everywhere, not just near camp. Please plan accordingly. Most wait times are 1 hour plus. If you are coming from out of state, bring a gas can with so you don't need to wait in line. Things are getting better slowly as power is coming back up-gas stations that have been out of gas are getting deliveries today so things should improve some over the weekend but planning ahead will save you a lot of headaches when you go to leave on Sunday.

Good luck!
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.584 seconds