Filming Day (January 6th)

• Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
17 Dec 2012 18:13 #1 by Gallion (Gallion)
Filming Day (January 6th) was created by Gallion (Gallion)
Filming Day (January 6th)
If enough people show interest, then the day after the banquet we will be doing some filming in order to put together a video promo for Knight Realms. Anyone who wants to stay over the night of the banquet, to be a part of this may do so.

There are many ways you can get involved, both on camera and behind the scenes. We will be using our stock of costumes and weapons, however if you can bring your gear to the shoot, that will be greatly appreciated. We will film both in daylight and at night with lighting. Depending on conditions, and attendance, I may attempt to re-create the Xualla fire scene from last event in order to capture some good footage of it.

The footage from this day of shooting will be edited together into a video to play at cons. I know in the far past we’ve let some recorded footage go to waste, but that will not be the case with this as we have a strong interest in getting this put together in time for this years conventions.

If you’re interested in attending, please send me an e-mail to let me know . I will send out an e-mail the day after Christmas to let you all know if this will be happening, based on the response I get back on this between now and then. Thanks!

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ded Dawg O'Doul (Mohammad), Aemorniel (Aemorniel), Dimetri Yhatzi (DMvanhart)
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
02 Jan 2013 10:36 - 02 Jan 2013 10:38 #2 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic Filming Day (January 6th)
I did get a good response to this. About 20 of you said you'd attend. Thats enough people to film some scenes. Lets start using this scene to discuss a tiny bit.

First, this will be a lighthearted and fun process. While yes, we do want to get good work done, at the same time, I dont want to take the thing too seriously that we dont have fun doing it, so keep that in mind. Secondly at the end of the day, it will likely be a montage of cool scenes edited together with renaissance music in the background, pretty simple. The acting will be with more with emotion and movement, and less with dialogue and story. We can always do a story film in the future, but for now its a simple promo video were putting together.

Many of you offered specific help in your e-mails but I didnt respond to any of them. If you have any equipment, please bring it, even if we dont end up using it. Anyone who has filming cameras can show me thier cameras after the banquet or early in the morning, and well go through them all and mine, and decide which ones we will use. Id like to film widescreen, and in HD if possible, but I like the frame-rate low, too high of a frame-rate destroys the cinematic look. If your camera has these features, it might be a good candidate. Also ease of transfer onto my computer will be a plus as well.

Super late after the banquet, or super early in the morning, we will pool all of our resources together in one spot, and start dreaming up quick, cool scenes. Well probably film into the night so we can get night shots as well, but we will need to have plenty of lighting for those night shots.

If you have a preference for acting, or behind the scenes work or either, you may post that preference in this thread for reference.

Last edit: 02 Jan 2013 10:38 by Gallion (Gallion).
02 Jan 2013 19:03 #3 by Ehlenathelasa Blacktree (ehlena)
Replied by Ehlenathelasa Blacktree (ehlena) on topic Filming Day (January 6th)
So... should anyone who's interested just show up, or are you contacting people you specifically want?

All hunters die. But not today.

OOG Jenna L.
Main: Ehlenathelasa Blacktree
Alt: Hazar Bint Sha'Haban
Alt: Erim Walker [Retired]
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
02 Jan 2013 21:26 #4 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic Filming Day (January 6th)
You can just show up! ;)

Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.602 seconds