Weather Related Announcement for January

24 Jan 2013 13:22 - 24 Jan 2013 13:24 #1 by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin)
Weather Related Announcement for January was created by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin)
As everyone is well aware, it's going to be extremely cold for this weekend's event. Clothing is key to stay protected from the elements. Proper clothing includes: hat, scarf/mask to cover the face, sleeves that are snug at the wrist, mittens/gloves and several layers of loose-fitting clothing.

There are some symptoms to keep in mind when enjoying yourself this weekend. Extreme shivering is a sign that the body is losing heat and it a sign to get inside and out of the cold. Exhaustion, confusion, slurred speech and drowsiness are symptoms of hypothermia and should prompt you to come inside for a break.

The key to getting the most out of Knight Realms this weekend is to take many breaks from the cold to avoid any problems. Fluid intake is important as well. Warm, sweet beverges or broth will help to maintain your body temperarure. Avoid caffeine if possible as caffeine causes one to lose body heat.

I will be available this week should anyone have any concerns or questions. If we all look out for each other, especially the newer players who are spending their first Winter in Travance, we will all have a great time.

Lastly, flu season has kicked in. If someone is suffering from the flu, it would be best to stay home and recover. The cold conditions as well as the close quarters make spreading the flu easier. If anyone experiences excessive coughing or sneezing avoid sharing water bottles and utencils.

I hope to see everyone tomorrow.

Norm B.

Lord Ardin Silverbow
Lord of Pendarvin

"While others succumb, we overcome."
-Silverbow Motto

OOG: Norm B
Safety Deputy

"When I think of the greatness of my job and realize that I am what I am, I am amazed, but on reflection, who is as good as I am? I know of no one."
-George Patton(I wish Ardin had said this first)
Last edit: 24 Jan 2013 13:24 by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt D (MattD), Elawyn (Elawyn), Woolsey Bysmor (Osred), Dimetri Yhatzi (DMvanhart), Herrister G.D. Reynolds (steaknbits)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.449 seconds