Looking for a new Story Teller

• Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
02 Apr 2013 10:01 - 02 Apr 2013 10:15 #1 by Gallion (Gallion)
Looking for a new Story Teller was created by Gallion (Gallion)
We are looking for a new Story Teller.

What is generally expected of a ST:
- A mandatory on-line meeting, generally taking place on the tuesday night after an event. Usually lasts a few hours. Another optional on-line meeting the tuesday night before an event.
- Participate and give feedback to everyone who is running a weekend plot (This means you always know the KR weekend plot and will never get to interact much with it and enjoy it fully as you would otherwise)
- Lend a hand when needed with the weekend plots, at the events.
- Run at minimal one weekend plot a year, though I would encourage two. (I would like whoever takes this position to run July this year.)
- If you have never run a weekend plot before and you get this position, you will be brought on board for three months as a trial run only, with the expectation that your term will run out, only to be extended if I ask you.
- If you are also a MM currently, I would like you to stay on as a MM, even if you get chosen to become an ST.

What I require from anyone who is going to apply:
- Send me a PM only to let me know you are interested. This whole process if me just finding out who is interested, and ill take it from there.
- Do NOT send a follow up if you don't hear back. I will just gather the names of the people interested and mull it over in my head for a few weeks. I will not send acknowledgements that I got your application, nor will I reply to say that you didn't get chosen.
- Do NOT get upset or offended or hurt, if you are not chosen. I may only pick one person, and many people may apply, so allot of really good people are going to have to be passed over. I need you to go into this with no expectations, and not take it personally if you don't get a callback.

Thanks! ;)

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
Last edit: 02 Apr 2013 10:15 by Gallion (Gallion).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elawyn (Elawyn), Jack (Keeperofdice), Woolsey Bysmor (Osred), Aleister (Aleister), Misaki (cbodnar), Zathir (Clevatus)
02 Apr 2013 23:20 - 02 Apr 2013 23:42 #2 by Draknar DoKanen (Draknar DoKanen)
Replied by Draknar DoKanen (Draknar DoKanen) on topic Looking for a new Story Teller

Gallion wrote: - Participate and give feedback to everyone who is running a weekend plot (This means you always know the KR weekend plot and will never get to interact much with it and enjoy it fully as you would otherwise)

I just want to reinforce what James has said here. Before an event you will have had 3 - 4 hours worth of meetings and read countless posts about the upcoming plot, as well as long-term plot. You will know every detail about what and when things are going to happen. Don't get me wrong, it's an incredibly rewarding position, we just want to make sure you really understand that being a ST takes a lot of the mystery out of PCing. I think the best way to describe it is to compare it to watching a magic show that you built the props for. You can still enjoy the show, but when you know the box has a false bottom, it's just not the same. That being said, if the behind-the-scenes stuff sounds like your cup of tea, please don't hesitate to PM James!

Skimmel
RP Marshal, Rules Marshal, Storyteller
Last edit: 02 Apr 2013 23:42 by Draknar DoKanen (Draknar DoKanen).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elawyn (Elawyn), Jack (Keeperofdice), Josephine (mferro54)
03 Apr 2013 07:58 #3 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Replied by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred) on topic Re: Looking for a new Story Teller
Agreed, there is a lot of responsibility to being a storyteller, and it can be frustrating to know exactly what is going on, and having to pretend that you know nothing. You end up gimping your own character because you know it is your job to let the other PCs figure things out and get the glory. (Thus I play Blade all the time now). But if your enjoyment comes from seeing other people thrive and enjoy themselves and being a part of something great, and you don't mind your PC becoming an encourager or a non-involved in plot entity, then this is the job for you.

-OOG Michael Smith
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt D (MattD), Elawyn (Elawyn), Jack (Keeperofdice), Capt Locke (Jonathon)
  • Alex
  • Kingslayer
  • Thank Yous: 206
03 Apr 2013 20:38 #4 by Alex (Wormwood)
Replied by Alex (Wormwood) on topic Re: Looking for a new Story Teller
what does it pay?

OOG: Alex B.
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
04 Apr 2013 06:00 #5 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic Re: Looking for a new Story Teller
All positions in Knight Realms are volunteer, It is how the organization is able to work. This allows me to know that the people who are doing them are doing them because they love the organization and truly want to do the job in order to make something that they love even better for everyone else. Above all else that is the single most important criteria for any Knight Realms position. There is a internal build compensation system, but I left it off of the post for the same reason as above.

Thank you to everyone who inquired! As suspected so far I have received close to twenty inquiries. Out of those I will probably take only one for now, and perhaps another in a few months, but I will keep all of the names on file as people to approach in the future as more are needed. Thank you!

Even though being a MM is not a requirement, I will suggest that anyone who inquired for this who is not already a Monster Marshal, consider approaching Steve Oros about joining the Monster Marshal team.

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.472 seconds