Starting Build Spent Rule

• Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
07 May 2013 07:44 #1 by Gallion (Gallion)
Starting Build Spent Rule was created by Gallion (Gallion)
We are changing the starting build spent rules. Previously you could only spend a certain amount of build when starting a character regardless of what you have earned. This caped amount has been removed. The new wording of how to determine starting build is listed below.

Starting Build
Determine how many points of Build your character will start off with. As a starting character you are given 10 Build. If you have acquired Service Points (SP) you may spend up to 200 SP to gain an additional 1 to 2 Build. If you purchased the Extra Event Build, you would gain an additional 1 Build. All build that you have earned, from these sources or other sources (such as retired PCs or NPCing), you may immediately spend on skills before starting the game. A character may start only using rules sand skills that are published in the Knight Realms core rulebook.

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
The following user(s) said Thank You: Misaki (cbodnar), BalindorIN (BalindorIN), Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042), Arden (Shelby), KaT Adams (katadams), Gustav (Whitt), Chris McKenzie (cgmckenzie), Goggs (coryan)
  • Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 226
07 May 2013 12:18 #2 by Goggs (coryan)
Replied by Goggs (coryan) on topic Starting Build Spent Rule
Yippee!! :D

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

OOG: Cory W-S
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a Maul."
  • KaT Adams
  • Thank Yous: 25
16 May 2013 15:24 #3 by KaT Adams (katadams)
Replied by KaT Adams (katadams) on topic Starting Build Spent Rule
Ok. When i can get back to KR this is going to ROCK!

May I ask the reason for this alteration in starting buld rules? I Both love it and have reservations, but am mostly just curious as to why. It sounds like something Staff spent a lot of time thinking about! <3

KaT Adams

"His name meant 'Glad Voice,' and once again had meaning."
16 May 2013 16:03 #4 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Starting Build Spent Rule
Would this have had any significant difference on how those of us who built our characters in April made them? I'm not clear what is the difference.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
16 May 2013 18:30 #5 by Daniel McKraegar (Daniel McKraegar)
Replied by Daniel McKraegar (Daniel McKraegar) on topic Starting Build Spent Rule
We figured that you have earned the build why not just let you spend it. It's a rule that mostly affects people who have just retired a character or have been full time NPCing for a while before they make a PC. It helps you jump in the game a lot faster instead of being slowed down trying to find teachers to learn all the skills you want since you could have a lot of build sitting around.

Jason - as I said it mostly affects someone retiring a PC and those who full time NPCed before starting a PC, so it may only affect some people who made their characters last month.

Jason Michaeli

Sir Daniel McKraegar
Knight of Kaladonia
  • KaT Adams
  • Thank Yous: 25
16 May 2013 21:12 #6 by KaT Adams (katadams)
Replied by KaT Adams (katadams) on topic Starting Build Spent Rule
That makes sense enough for me! Also, it certainly encourages NPCing a lot before you start PCing, which I am a major proponent of! You'll learn the system, the camp, the people, the atmosphere, have a better idea what you want to play, and now it gives you much better starting build to play with! <3

KaT Adams

"His name meant 'Glad Voice,' and once again had meaning."
  • Aemorniel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • In Truth, all things are Bound.
  • Thank Yous: 108
16 May 2013 23:31 #7 by Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
Replied by Aemorniel (Aemorniel) on topic Starting Build Spent Rule
To give an example on why this rocks so hard core--when I first came into game, I had NPCed 6 months before I ever played my character. While I was technically at level 8 with all the build I had saved up from helping out around the camp, when I first came into game, I could only spend the 13 max that the old rule gave. From there I had to wait to learn skills till my prerequisites were put on my card, though I had the level ability to learn them.

This is a great boon to those who take the time to NPC for a spell before jumping into the game so you get a better understanding of the game before figuring out what you want to play and what skills you would want. I'm really happy this choice was made an hope future players really appreciate how awesome it is.

Loremaster Aemorniel Estelwen Silverbow
The Quill of the Witch Hunter Academy of Travance
Apprentice to the Baronial Small Council
Court Scholar of Pendarvin
Assistant Editor and Columnist of The Travance Chronicle

While Others Succumb, We Overcome
~~~~~~~~~
OOG--JJ G.

The past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited, or erased. It can only be accepted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pappy (Quan)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.570 seconds