Directors Announcements May 2013

• Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
16 May 2013 09:46 #1 by Gallion (Gallion)
Directors Announcements May 2013 was created by Gallion (Gallion)
Directors Announcements May 2013

Swimming/Lifeguard
At the moment I am not sure if there will be any swimming. I will try to announce at lay-on if possible. In the mean time I am interested in finding out who if anyone has lifeguard certifications. If you do, please send me a Message to let me know.

Membership Fee
A reminder that yearly membership fees are due. If you did not bring the 20 dollar membership fee last event, please come prepared to pay it this event. Thanks!

Prompt LayOn
Please try VERY hard to be in the hall of the inn no later than 9:25! Thanks!

Event Plot
Judge is running plot this weekend and he's got a great time in store for you all! Enjoy the weekend, and if you have any questions about the main plot for this event, he will be the go-to guy.

Bears
The bear has been around. Usually its not a problem, but please be smart and dont leave food out. Also at the end of the event PLEASE make sure your areas trash is brought to the dumpster, if it is not, then the bear will drag it ALL over camp... please help make sure that dosnt happen ;)

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
16 May 2013 10:23 #2 by Appollonius Petrichor (Libraryguy)
Replied by Appollonius Petrichor (Libraryguy) on topic Directors Announcements May 2013
Hi there!

This will be my VERY first event, so I just have a few minor questions: (Okay, TWO)

1. I will definitely be there before 9:25pm, but how early is TOO early? I was thinking of leaving for Sparta right from work, meaning I'd get there at about 5:45~6pm. (I could go home first, but it's an hour in the other direction, so that seemed silly) I am more than willing to help with set-up if I can, but I don't want to be in the way if other people are doing important marshal/DM/plot/storytelling type stuff that I can't help with.

2. Exactly how much panic/terror/freaking out is appropriate for a bear sighting? If I happen to see The Bear, should I calmly leave the area and politely tell a marshal when he/she is not busy? Or would it be appropriate to yell "BEEEEEEEEEAAAAAARRRR! HOLY @#$@#$ EVERYONE, IT'S A @#$@#$ING BEAR!! CALMLY AND EXPEDITIOUSLY GET THE !@$$% OUT OF HERE AND CALL IN THE $%$%#@$%ing PARK RANGERS, IT'S A ^&*$%ING BEAR!!!!"? I am mostly a city/suburban denizen, and I don't really know the proper bear protocol. I assume that politely informing the bear: "Gee, I don't think the Ranger's gonna like THIS!" never works, ever. :(

That's pretty much it. I do mean both of those questions seriously, even though I'm incapable of asking them that way. :(

Thank you!

--- Craig

Ambrosius Petrichor
Vassal of Alisandria

OOG: Craig Anderson (purple-haired librarian guy)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sannyiah Amarie Tempest - Na (Sannyiah Na)
16 May 2013 10:51 #3 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Replied by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred) on topic Re: Directors Announcements May 2013
Stay calm and move off tangent to the bear at a slow walking pace. Let us know

-OOG Michael Smith
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion)
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
16 May 2013 11:35 #4 by Croínamara (Jen)
Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic Directors Announcements May 2013
You can get there as early as you want.
Some people even show up Thursday to help around the camp :)

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion)
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
16 May 2013 12:38 #5 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic Directors Announcements May 2013
The bear is no reason for panic, just caution. You can let people know you saw it as well so perhaps they avoid the area if possible, but like Mike said, let a staff member know as soon as you can.

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
  • KaT Adams
  • Thank Yous: 25
16 May 2013 16:05 #6 by KaT Adams (katadams)
Replied by KaT Adams (katadams) on topic Directors Announcements May 2013
It's a cute lil ol' black bear, too, isn't it? Don't bother it, don't run from it, and you'll be fine. Just move away calmly, tell people, and seriously put food away proper.

And no matter how adorable they are, do not attempt to make friends. They might run, hug you, or decide you smell like tuna.

;)

KaT Adams

"His name meant 'Glad Voice,' and once again had meaning."
16 May 2013 16:10 #7 by Appollonius Petrichor (Libraryguy)
Replied by Appollonius Petrichor (Libraryguy) on topic Directors Announcements May 2013
Hi there!

Okay, this has been all very helpful. I knew that when encountering a bear, you were supposed to 1) Not Run, 2) Alert Others, 3) If the Bear Looks Threatening, Make Noise and Try to Appear Big.

Adding those three factors together translated to: Walk Away Calmly While Screaming and Waving Your Arms. [nods] :lol:

And thanks for letting me know that I can be there early. :)

--- Craig

Ambrosius Petrichor
Vassal of Alisandria

OOG: Craig Anderson (purple-haired librarian guy)
  • Aella
  • Thank Yous: 99
16 May 2013 18:59 #8 by Aella (Onirazael)
Replied by Aella (Onirazael) on topic Directors Announcements May 2013
I was Life guard certified... a very LONG time ago. If you are really stretched... and I mean really I don't mind helping out.

Aella
OOG: Ree D
~I'd put a pretentious quote in, but I am far too lazy to pretend I'm clever. ~
  • Kirsten
  • Thank Yous: 105
17 May 2013 15:01 #9 by Kirsten (Lotano)
Replied by Kirsten (Lotano) on topic Directors Announcements May 2013
I ran across Mama and her two adolescent offspring last summer. Just clap your hands and talk really loud while calmly walking away. They'll run from you faster than you walk from them.

Emeline Patterson
Knight of Alisandria

Kirsten
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
17 May 2013 15:51 #10 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic Directors Announcements May 2013
Just make sure its really a bear & not Matt White.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.696 seconds