An Ounce of Prevention....

31 Aug 2013 15:35 - 31 Aug 2013 15:35 #1 by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin)
An Ounce of Prevention.... was created by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin)
I am posting this for the good health of our players and not as a downer. The flu is a sad reality of life and a little prevention can go a long way to stay healthy. I found some worthwhile facts from the CDC website that I wish to share with my KR family. Make sure and read the last sentence if you feel you have the flu. If anyone feels ill during the weekend, please contact me right away. In this case, do not share bottles and see that any bottles or mugs used get right to the kitchen so they can be washed properly.

When will flu activity begin and when will it peak?

The timing of flu is very unpredictable and can vary from season to season. Flu activity most commonly peaks in the U.S. in January or February. However, seasonal flu activity can begin as early as October and continue to occur as late as May.

What should I do to prepare for this flu season?

CDC recommends a yearly flu vaccine for everyone 6 months of age and older as the first and most important step in protecting against this serious disease. While there are many different flu viruses, the flu vaccine is designed to protect against the three main flu strains that research indicates will cause the most illness during the flu season. Getting the flu vaccine as soon as it becomes available each year is always a good idea, and the protection you get from vaccination will last throughout the flu season.

We now return to your original programming.

See you all next week!!

In addition, you can take everyday preventive steps like staying away from sick people and washing your hands to reduce the spread of germs. If you are sick with flu, stay home from work or school to prevent spreading influenza to others.

Lord Ardin Silverbow
Lord of Pendarvin

"While others succumb, we overcome."
-Silverbow Motto

OOG: Norm B
Safety Deputy

"When I think of the greatness of my job and realize that I am what I am, I am amazed, but on reflection, who is as good as I am? I know of no one."
-George Patton(I wish Ardin had said this first)
Last edit: 31 Aug 2013 15:35 by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pappy (Quan), Jenn (JennF), Jade Peverell (Angel M.), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Sean Moulson (Moulson13), Augustus (OEBlaze), Rowan Uidhir (Teresa), Faila (Faila), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.427 seconds