Sept 21st Festival (OOG)

• Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
03 Sep 2013 10:17 #1 by Gallion (Gallion)
Sept 21st Festival (OOG) was created by Gallion (Gallion)
September 21st Festival!

The in-game post was made and has some details.

This is our first official kid friendly event. We encourage those of you who feel comfortable doing so, please engage the kids and make them feel welcome and safe. If you are so inclined to give them the joy of combat, be sure to let them beat you up, and attack them only with the lightest touch. There will be just as many things for regular players to enjoy as their will be for the younger crowd whom we hope to entertain this weekend. At times we may require some NPCs to make everything run smoothly. For everyone who NPCs one two-hour shift, we will give two extra points of build.

We will post any further announcements in this thread. Feel free to ask questions in this thread as well.

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faila (Faila)
  • Inajira
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 22
03 Sep 2013 14:58 #2 by Inajira (Inajira)
Replied by Inajira (Inajira) on topic Sept 21st Festival (OOG)
I think this is a super cool event, I just have a couple questions about it:

How much is the festival going to be for kids? Is it by weight?

Is there going to be food provided, or should I pack a baggie full of Cheerios?

Has there been any consideration given to make this a "no potty mouth" event? I'm the king of saying bad words, but I think for this event it might be nice if I didn't have to worry about having to explain to an eight year old why that beauteous elf from Quinyarian just dropped the F bomb 74 times.

Thanks!

-Aaron

Angus Grumblegut
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jade Peverell (Angel M.), Faila (Faila)
  • Aemorniel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • In Truth, all things are Bound.
  • Thank Yous: 108
03 Sep 2013 16:05 #3 by Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
Replied by Aemorniel (Aemorniel) on topic Sept 21st Festival (OOG)
Aaron stop telling my secrets!

Just kidding ;)

Loremaster Aemorniel Estelwen Silverbow
The Quill of the Witch Hunter Academy of Travance
Apprentice to the Baronial Small Council
Court Scholar of Pendarvin
Assistant Editor and Columnist of The Travance Chronicle

While Others Succumb, We Overcome
~~~~~~~~~
OOG--JJ G.

The past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited, or erased. It can only be accepted.
  • Nostarion
  • Thank Yous: 9
03 Sep 2013 19:46 #4 by Nostarion (AlexG)
Replied by Nostarion (AlexG) on topic Sept 21st Festival (OOG)
Hi James,

I have been having a great time at Knight Realms as a non-combat character and am excited to get a chance to do some combat at the festival on September 21.

How will it work with regard to weapons for preexisting characters? Do I just bring my boffer sword and pretend I have the skill?. Can I cast combat spells I have written on a scroll?

This looks like a great event!
Thanks,
Alex

Nostarion Hallatiri
Vassal of Pendarvin
Student of Magic

OOG: Alex G
03 Sep 2013 19:50 #5 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Sept 21st Festival (OOG)
Xod wants to know if there is an age restriction on the kids combat?

Also, following up on Alex's question - would Xod be allowed to act as if he had taken claws? He has not taken any combat skills as of now because he can't use them.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faila (Faila)
  • Andy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 157
03 Sep 2013 19:51 #6 by Andy (Andy)
Replied by Andy (Andy) on topic Sept 21st Festival (OOG)
I didn't realize JJ knew any four letter words, other then "book."

-Andy

-Sir Hurgar
Knight of Pendarvin

-Andy
Rules Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: GJSchaller (GJSchaller), geezer (geezer), Elawyn (Elawyn), Jack (Keeperofdice), Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga (Null507), Aemorniel (Aemorniel), Annora (Karen), Rowan Uidhir (Teresa)
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
03 Sep 2013 19:59 #7 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Sept 21st Festival (OOG)

Caldor Eirson wrote: Xod wants to know if there is an age restriction on the kids combat?

Also, following up on Alex's question - would Xod be allowed to act as if he had taken claws? He has not taken any combat skills as of now because he can't use them.

Claws are a free racial skill, and already on his card. :)

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
04 Sep 2013 08:36 #8 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic Sept 21st Festival (OOG)
Keep piling on the questions I will answer them all either right before or right after this upcoming event.

04 Sep 2013 09:27 - 04 Sep 2013 11:10 #9 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)

GJSchaller wrote: Claws are a free racial skill, and already on his card. :)

That's what I get for passing his question without checking his card.

Would he be allowed to borrow some claws from logistics? We'd rather not buy claws for one mod.

EDIT: Someone has offered to loan us brawlers.

Caldor Eirson,

Vintner

~~~~~~
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

~~~~~~~
Last edit: 04 Sep 2013 11:10 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor).
  • Faila
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
04 Sep 2013 21:44 #10 by Faila (Faila)
Replied by Faila (Faila) on topic Sept 21st Festival (OOG)

Caldor Eirson wrote:
That's what I get for passing his question without checking his card.

Would he be allowed to borrow some claws from logistics? We'd rather not buy claws for one mod.

EDIT: Someone has offered to loan us brawlers.

I think the sparring action in a number of households is going to be on the increase over the next few weeks . . . I better get my shield finished sooner rather than later.

IG: Faila Stormshard Steelson
Owner of Steelson Smithing and Culpepper Drumworks
"May your heart be brave, your mind fierce, and your spirit strong."

Alt: "Gigi"
Dealer in rare books and librarian

OOG: Crystal G.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Goggs (coryan)
05 Sep 2013 13:04 #11 by Herrister G.D. Reynolds (steaknbits)
Replied by Herrister G.D. Reynolds (steaknbits) on topic Sept 21st Festival (OOG)
My family is wondering what time it will be starting and ending. There won't be any children coming, as the only ones who would be interested are far to young even for this sort of combat, but my parents and sister are interested none the less.

What sort of activities will we have for the family members who tag along that aren't interested in combat?

OOG:
Jason P.
05 Sep 2013 13:33 #12 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
The in game post listed some other events.
www.knightrealms.com/forum/The-Dragons-C...d-arawyn-summit.html

Caldor Eirson,

Vintner

~~~~~~
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Herrister G.D. Reynolds (steaknbits)
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
10 Sep 2013 10:04 - 10 Sep 2013 10:06 #13 by Gallion (Gallion)
I will take a stab at answering the questions in this thread and will also go over a few more details

- Cost: Here is the link to he general festival info, which includes cost for normal players: www.knightrealms.com/event-information/1...-one-day-events.html
For people who come, who do not need to be entered into the database for build etc, (children, visiting parents and relatives, etc) it will only cost $10 for the day. If you ask me to, I will even write the +1 build for each of these peoples on an actual characters card. For example, you bring your nephew and uncle, who just wanted to come to this and likely will not be at future events (at least for now), I will write the +2 build on your card for thier admission. If they ever come back, they can start a new card, and remind us that they were at this event for the proper credit.

- There will be feast food provided, but seeing as I do not know what to expect in regards to attendance, I will suggest some people consider bringing thier own food as well, if they want to be safe. I will also encourage individual group cookouts and the such if you are excited about such things, but the game itself will be providing a BBQ style feast sometime during the day.

- We will encourage all of you to keep your language to a PG appropriate vocabulary. There will be small kids, and we would like to be courteous to them and the people who brought them. Its usually not an epidemic at the game or anything, but regardless If you find yourself accidentally cursing, stop yourself. Also if someone else is doing it give them a kind reminder that kids are present and this is a kid friendly event.

- If you happen to be a young adventurer who already has a card for whatever reasons, you may get and use your card as a normal player for this event. For everyone else who are just one time attendees we will have some simple system devised for your family to help you write you up a quick character for the day.

- There is no age restriction to the combat for this event, but everyone engaging the kids in combat should a) realize they are possibly going to be hit in an unsafe manor and b) be OK with this because hey they're kids, and also make sure you only hit them back with the absolute lightest touch.

- If any of the one-time attendees need to borrow weapons or costuming from the NPC area, they may do so.

- TIMES: You may go in-game immediately after signing in, though official activities start around Noon. I will be signing people in between 10-12. Ending time is open ended. Things usually wind down between 9-11. Whenever it seems like most everyone has left to go home or dropped character will be around when we officially all stop playing. (I will make another post about sign-in as well with more details a bit later)

- Sleepover: You may in fact stay over at the camp, either the night before, or the night of. If you would like to do so, feel free to make it a camp out sort of thing with your family, that is fine :)

- Sunday: Anyone who wants to work on camp at Sunday can be part of a major camp work day, were we can get a decent number of various projects done.

FEEL FREE TO KEEP ASKING QUESTIONS ;)

Last edit: 10 Sep 2013 10:06 by Gallion (Gallion).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalyn Ode (krazyaznxinluv)
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
10 Sep 2013 11:06 #14 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic Sept 21st Festival (OOG)
If we didn't get a lifetstyle build for the september game and we can get the cards can we trade it in? Akso, wil cards be ypdated before the event?

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josephine (mferro54)
10 Sep 2013 12:03 #15 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic Sept 21st Festival (OOG)
My kids are the four legged kind. One I would never bring to an event he is fearful. Melody is like Caleb and Jazzy (former KR wolf cubs) and is a Therapy dog. Not the same as a service dog folks! It does mean that she is incredibly friendly happy loves people and most importantly very tolerant. Would you like to meet her at this event?

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
11 Sep 2013 05:09 #16 by Gallion (Gallion)
NPC'ing - We will be offering incentives for NPCing small shifts. I am curious to know if anyone was interested in NPC'ing the full festival. If you or anyone you know has mentioned it, please contact me through PM to let me know. Thanks ;)

Cards - You will receive your old card, with a festival sheet stapled to it. You may consider learned skills available and you may turn in the lifestyle, only if you did not already do it on your used card.

Pets - If you want to bring a pet, you may if you ask first ahead of time, but you need to be sure that thier will be no issue, and be completely responsible for it.

11 Sep 2013 11:46 #17 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic Sept 21st Festival (OOG)
Lol she's been nudged by boffers wheelchairs and been through fire alarms at a nursing home. I may also be able to offer a search and rescue demo with her if I can brush up our skills first. It's been weeks but she still knows the drills. :)

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
12 Sep 2013 13:04 #18 by Gallion (Gallion)
Sometime today I am going to try to put all the relative information about this in one post and re-post it. Just so its in one place and easier to find.

Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.638 seconds