FAMILY FRIENDLY FESTIVAL

• Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
12 Sep 2013 15:21 - 12 Sep 2013 15:22 #1 by Gallion (Gallion)
FAMILY FRIENDLY FESTIVAL was created by Gallion (Gallion)
FAMILY FRIENDLY FESTIVAL

• The festival is for one day, and only counts as one period for the whole event. Unless it is the only event that month, it does not count as a full month for rules purposes (Trades, etc.)

• A PC attending the festival will earn 4 build. You may purchase up to 3 more build for each PC. You may NOT convert Service Points to Build at a Festival. RP points can be earned and converted as normal.

• Price to PC: $25 with the option to purchase up to 3 additional Build at $10 each. Additional characters are $10 base, and $5 for each additional build.

• Price for Family Guests: $10 A Family Guest is someone just coming up for this event and whom will not need a permanent card place in the KR database. Existing players can claim the +1 build for each Family Guest admission fee.

• Price to NPC: Free. You may purchase extra build for $5 each.

• NPC Duty for PCs: +1 Build for every 2 hours donated of Random Monster NPC Duty, to a max of +2 Build.

• Time: Sign-in is between 10-Noon and will take place at a table near the Inn. Noon is when official activities will start. We are welcoming people to come over Friday night if they so wish and camp out with their families. We will also be welcoming people to do the Same Sat night into Sunday.

• Food: On Saturday during the day, we will be providing a BBQ style feast near the Inn. We encourage people to consider bringing some extra food of their own in case they have special needs or desires.

• Pets: Are welcome on a limited basis, as long as it is cleared first in a private e-mail with the director guaranteeing responsibility for the pet and vouching for their friendly demeanor.

• Language: We will encourage all of you to keep your language to a PG appropriate vocabulary. There will be small kids, and we would like to be courteous to them and the people who brought them. Its usually not an epidemic at the game or anything, but regardless If you find yourself accidentally cursing, stop yourself. Also if someone else is doing it give them a kind reminder that kids are present and this is a kid friendly event

• Kid Friendly Combat: There is no age restriction to the combat for this event, but everyone engaging the kids in combat should a) realize they are possibly going to be hit in an unsafe manor and b) be OK with this because hey they're kids, and also make sure you only hit them back with the absolute lightest touch.

• Borrowing Equipment: If any of the one-time attendees need to borrow weapons or costuming from the NPC area, they may do so.
Skills are learned as per a normal event.

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
Last edit: 12 Sep 2013 15:22 by Gallion (Gallion).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elawyn (Elawyn), Jade Peverell (Angel M.), Rowan Uidhir (Teresa), Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Faila (Faila)
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
13 Sep 2013 17:55 #2 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic FAMILY FRIENDLY FESTIVAL
Will the Inn be available for those who wish to stay overnight or will we need to bring tents?

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
18 Sep 2013 07:39 - 18 Sep 2013 07:39 #3 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic FAMILY FRIENDLY FESTIVAL
- The camp will be available for anyone who wants to stay over, either before or after or both. The event itself however is only fully in-play between Sat Morning and Sat Night.

- The experimental nature of this festival. We have never done anything like this before, so please bear with us with this experiment of a new type of (potentially) yearly event. Be extra careful to be courteous to the family members young and old, and be willing to suspend disbelief just a little bit to accommodate them. We will be trying to perform all the normal activities we do during festivals, but we will be taking on a lot for this festival, so please be patient with us and if you see any problems, beyond all else, just offer to help lend to a solution. It should be a great time, and im excited!

- There will be a in-game meeting at night on Saturday, related to the "Summit Concept" It will mostly be a slightly interactive scene intending to help lend some lead-in to the feel of the next event. Do NOT feel pressured that you need to be there for this. Some of you may need to be somewhere with your kids, some of you may have wanted to drop character by then, and some of you might just not want to be involved in something heavy, during a festival. No worries at all. Anyone who isn't present for it, we will easily say that thier character was off doing something equally as important at that time.

- Sunday Work Day. On Sunday we will be doing a work day at the camp. As of yet I have not begun to organize anyone. I will have a list of tasks that can be done. Please meet me at the main hall of the inn around 10AM. I know that some of you have specific things you would like to do on this day, which is fine, but please inform me of them beforehand. I will provide tools, IF i do not need them for other tasks that I plan to work on that day, meaning, if you have your own approved projects, make an attempt to bring your own tools if you can. Thanks!

Last edit: 18 Sep 2013 07:39 by Gallion (Gallion).
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
18 Sep 2013 07:42 #4 by Gallion (Gallion)
- The Centralized Location. We will be using area outside the inn, as the centralized location for the festival. While there are things that will be further away such as the treasure hunt, we will mostly stay focused on this area. If you want to set up in your land, you may do so, but realize that you will be further away from the focal point of the festival.

19 Sep 2013 12:33 #5 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Replied by Templar Aldric (Selrik) on topic FAMILY FRIENDLY FESTIVAL
I am a new player, will there be a new player training or other setup to do the character builds and initial briefing?

Should I come earlier or perhaps even Friday to get my initial stuff done first?

Templar Aldric
Champion Fisherman of Amanthyre
Prophet of the Holy Light
Templar of Valos

"The sacred writings are quite specific on the subject of killing, but are a bit fuzzier on the topic of kneecaps."

OOG - David McCormick.
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
19 Sep 2013 12:57 #6 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic FAMILY FRIENDLY FESTIVAL
Hey David. My name is Conor and I'm a New Player Marshal.

If you want to come friday feel free and seek me out. I can go over a new player training, and character building with you and I will be there over night into Saturday.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Templar Aldric (Selrik)
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
19 Sep 2013 15:57 #7 by Gallion (Gallion)
- Non-normal player characters
So those people/mostly children, but in some cases adults who do not need to be entered into the permanent database can choose to use the below templates. They are altered versions of the KR rules meant for simplicity. They dont follow the normal rules, but it really dosnt matter much in this particular setting. These are the templates I will have printed out. Any race can be played, and if your child or relative is especially excited to play a character concept not on one of these, I am fine with you editing them slightly to fit a different concept. For that matter, if your child or relative wants to change cards mid-way through, thats fine too.

Healer/Warrior
- 10 Body Points
- Swings “2 Damage” with weapon
- Can “Cure” 2ce per battle (Heals all wounds, including people recently fallen)
- “Life Spell” Once ever the healer can bring someone back from being slain

Rogue/Warrior
- 10 Body points
- Swings “2 Damage” with weapon
- “Disarm Traps” Can disarm any trap after thirty seconds of RP
- “Set Traps” Can place a disarmed trap to do 10 Points of Damage.
- “Waylay” 1nce per battle (Knocks someone unconscious, must be from behind target)

Mage/Warrior
- 10 Body points
- Swings “2 Damage” with weapons
- Spell “Fireball” once per battle (“10 Fire”)
- Spell “Pin” once per battle (One of the targets feet is stuck to the ground, does not work on all creatures)
- Spell “Identify Magic” Continuous. If an item is magical, you can identify the properties of it.

Warrior (Focused)
- 20 Body Points
- Swings “4 Damage” with weapons
- “Crit 8 Damage” twice per battle
- “+2 Strength” This can be used to throw something or someone twenty feet in a non-combat setting, or to lift something that is supposed to be heavy with greater ease.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Elawyn (Elawyn), Onca (Lorelai)
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
19 Sep 2013 16:36 #8 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Re:FAMILY FRIENDLY FESTIVAL
What if someone wants to play a character that doesn't use those templates? Are they subject to the standard lvl 1 character with 10 build? Or do they have different rules for those as well?

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
19 Sep 2013 18:17 #9 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Re:Re: FAMILY FRIENDLY FESTIVAL
Will children using full characters have the option of purchasing the fate of the beginner at the festival to bring their body up? If so, is it the same cost as for a full weekend event?

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
20 Sep 2013 06:22 - 20 Sep 2013 06:23 #10 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic Re:Re: FAMILY FRIENDLY FESTIVAL
A festival is is not a deadly event, it is mostly games, competitions, treasure hunting, socializing, eating, Maybe some light encounters. For the kids there will be a couple of adventure mods (since, they are not normally at events, or if they are, they normally cant do combat) Those adventure mods are going to be highly forgiving, because they are designed for kids.

If someone wants to be entered into the database they start a character under the normal rules, yes. If they are just there to have a good time at this one time (possibly yearly) event, then they just grab a template. The cards can be edited slightly for flavor. If the child really wants to play a priest... just cross off the magic spells and replace them with a couple of prayers... If given the chance to fight, they just want to play a scholar or physician... enroll them into the nearest Kumon math learning center...

IF your child does play the game on rare occasion as a non-combat character(because they have no choice ), they can still grab one of these templates to play with if they'd like, even if they want their normal card to be updated. (At the end of the day most kids really want to play with swords and kill monsters and loot them. From having run two kid parties this year, I expect most of the kids to follow the stats loosely... Thats fine. Let them have fun and not stress too much about number crunching. :)

Last edit: 20 Sep 2013 06:23 by Gallion (Gallion).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kirsten (Lotano), Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
20 Sep 2013 14:13 #11 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic Re:Re: FAMILY FRIENDLY FESTIVAL
- BBQ pit area is set up and there will be plenty of space including another fire-pit grill right next to it. Feel free to bring your own stuff to BBQ as well if you would like, in addition to the stuff we will be cooking! ;) If you'd like to bring a tiny bit of extra charcoal... who knows, maybe we can BBQ all day and all night...

Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.637 seconds