Announcements for October 2013

• Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
03 Oct 2013 17:23 #1 by Aleister (Aleister)
Announcements for October 2013 was created by Aleister (Aleister)
During the course of the event, the following mechanics will be taking place

-Chaos Warriors and Wild Mages grow more engrained with the chaotic energies flowing into the Material Plane. This allows them to change their damage type on attacks and spells between any of the 4 elements (Lightning, Ice, Fire, Earth) at will.

-Due to this chaotic influx, they are more susceptible to chaotic attacks (abilities with the Chaos Trait) and may only defend against them with their natural physical defenses. (IE. Dodge, Parry, Repel, Deflect, etc.) Specifically this means the ones on their card, not in items.

-Finally, Chaos Warriors and Wild Mages become resistant to all Mind Control (Excluding Chaotic Alteration) and only suffer half the duration.

(As well, here is some roleplay information going into the weekend.)
The entirety of the world is on edge. Nations warring with each other at this point because they refuse to concede. Tensions run high and emotions have become far more intense than would be expected; as if the chaos pouring out of the abyss was effecting the mental state of everyone in the world. Between fear, paranoia and rage, the people of the world are at wits end while the world comes to its end.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nicoletta (fyperia), Rowan Uidhir (Teresa), Fortier (Greysect), Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
  • Andy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 157
03 Oct 2013 18:05 #2 by Andy (Andy)
Replied by Andy (Andy) on topic Announcements for October 2013
Effecting the mental states of everybody.... fear, paranoia, RAGE... I think I've seen this movie.

I know what's going on in Travance......

We've got to mobilize the symbol of hope, that old statue of Klarington Everest!

-Sir Hurgar
Knight of Pendarvin

-Andy
Rules Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Sister Danae (Danae), Bladesworn (Bladesworn), Gabriel Chance (Kiellor), Aria (Aria), THENPC (THENPC), Jack (Keeperofdice), Woolsey Bysmor (Osred), Aleister (Aleister), Alex (Wormwood), Draknar DoKanen (Draknar DoKanen), Chris D (Brogan), Oren Tenderson (Tormy), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Moirya (Moirya), Dimetri Yhatzi (DMvanhart), Fortier (Greysect), Herrister G.D. Reynolds (steaknbits), Aella (Onirazael), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
03 Oct 2013 20:16 #3 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic Announcements for October 2013
Spirits are lifting me higher higher...

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
  • Swyft
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
  • Thank Yous: 339
04 Oct 2013 10:49 #4 by Swyft (agentswift)
Replied by Swyft (agentswift) on topic Announcements for October 2013
Wow... what an inopportune time to be insane...
:x

Dame Swyft T. Glitterfang-Johnson-Ludwig
-Knight of Corvancia
- Carnifex of Aguara
- Designer of Stonefall Couture: "Because you're never too bad to look good!"

(OOG: Renée Day)
  • Fortier
  • Thank Yous: 51
04 Oct 2013 13:01 #5 by Fortier (Greysect)
Replied by Fortier (Greysect) on topic Announcements for October 2013
Does "Mind Control" consist of any harmful effect with the Mental Descriptor, or does it stretch to other effects that would change your mind or personality? For example, would I be immune to forgiveness and mercy as well as Enslave and Dominate?

For reference:

Forgiveness
2 FP; Traits: Divine (Compassion), Attack, Ranged
This prayer forces the subject to overlook her differences with one other person for a duration
of one hour. The caster must indicate the other person at the time of casting either by naming
her, or by pointing directly to her. This prayer does not prevent the subject from defending
herself if attacked, only from initiating hostility against the selected person.
Mercy
2 FP; Traits: Divine (Compassion), Attack, Ranged
This prayer prevents the subject from delivering a killing blow or from striking an opponent
with an attack that would put her directly into the critical stage of her death count for a
duration of one hour.

Thank you in advance.

Viktor Zalost, owner of Jani Jo's Magical Services.
OoG: Sean Hallahan
  • Terzak
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Tell me, thief, do you know anything about MAGIC?
  • Thank Yous: 154
04 Oct 2013 22:11 - 04 Oct 2013 22:12 #6 by Terzak (TheArchMage)
Replied by Terzak (TheArchMage) on topic Announcements for October 2013
[img]http://http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/mother-of-god-meme.jpg[/img] This seems like one of those events that the inexperienced players are dying to go to and dying when they get there. OOG, gonna have to miss this for Connecticut Ren Faire. I'm gonna try to play conservative.

By my hand,
Professor Terzak Winstonshire

OOG: Will Harrington
Last edit: 04 Oct 2013 22:12 by Terzak (TheArchMage).
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.584 seconds