Item Conversion Process

30 Dec 2013 15:55 - 30 Dec 2013 19:48 #1 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Item Conversion Process was created by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
After some discussion, we decided that the easiest way to speed up the item conversion process is to have those who can, e-mail us the items you have so we can pre-convert your items then confirm the items at check in before the next event. So the process that would work easiest for me is as follows:

1) Take a photo or scan your permanent items (front and back if need be) and label the photo with the character name and item number. (Example Blade1.jpg Blade2front.jpg Blade2back.jpg, Blade3) If you cannot rename your photo for some reason, don't go too crazy, but I will do the easiest to follow items first.

2) E-mail to with your character name and your character # as the subject (Example: Blade 297)

3) In the text of your e-mail give the player name, the character name and number and transcribe what your item says for it's abilities:
(Example:
Michael Smith
Blade

Item 1
Dodge x3
slay x2
Devour Bacon x5 (Devouring Bacon returns Blade to full health removing all non-magical inflictions)

Item 2
Bobbing for Hobbits (see back)
Blade can always pull a floating hobbit out of a body of water using nothing but his teeth. Works while bound, but not while gagged.

Item 3
Restoration x 2

4) Include what you would like for your item to be changed into.
(Reminder of the rules:
Converting Magic Items
Item conversion for all items is taking place using the following rules:

- Periodic, Continuous, Event Based Skills, can be reduced into a build total, and then the build total traded for usable lower list skills.

- Any 2 Spells that are 3rd or 4th rank may be traded for any usable lower list skill.

- Any 2 Spells that are 1st or 2nd rank may be traded for a usable lower list skill 4 build or less.

- Any Body Points will be traded back for a 2BP for 1 Build Ratio and then the build total traded for usable lower list skills.

- Any Career Points will be traded back for a 1CP to 1 Build Ratio and then the build total traded for usable lower list skills. - OR a Sorcerer Storing Ritual or Druidic Storing Ritual.

- Any current Ritual of the Amulet will have the Gem refunded and can be converted into a lower list skill or a Sorcerer Storing ritual or Druidic Storing Ritual.

- Plus Damage, Anyone with multiple +Dmg weapons will determine which weapon has the highest +dmg first. That damage amount will now apply to any weapon you wield, any other weapons with +dmg may be traded. Each +dmg may be traded for a skill or 2 spells of their choosing. There may be a limit to the number of +Damage that can be attained.

- Unique Abilities will stay as they are. They will also be recorded.

- Any item attained through a PLEDGE will be converted to strait build onto your character card for your benefit; any unique ability will be placed on your card. OR You can opt to make an artifact, but it would have to follow all normal artifact rules (cannot be bound)

- Any Old Rituals on you can be traded out for new Existing Rituals or any periodic or event based skill.

(Example:
The 3 dodges and 2 slays give me 50 build worth of skills, the two Restorations gives me any skill I have access to.

I choose to have 5 resiliences (40 build), and 2 Stunning Blows (10 build), and a willpower (from the Restoration)
My devour bacon and my bobbing for hobbits, both unique skills from my pledges are not lost.)

5) Thank you for your patience!

-OOG Michael Smith
Last edit: 30 Dec 2013 19:48 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clove (Mark)
  • Kleidin
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 152
30 Dec 2013 16:37 #2 by Kleidin (Kleidin)
Replied by Kleidin (Kleidin) on topic Item Conversion Process
most of my items are either banquet items or artifacts.
based on the new socket system, what is the max cp that can be in a storage gem, I'm kind of very confused on the math here

3 are plot based.

how are they to be converted?

Lady Kleidin du Tenkukai Weaveforger Laurent-Belmont of Kaladonia
Master Witch Hunter, and Elder Druid
OOG: Diane Sodher
30 Dec 2013 17:03 #3 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Replied by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred) on topic Item Conversion Process
1) Ok

2) 15 Career Points into one storing ritual

3) If they are artifacts they cannot be bound (basically that is up to the plot marshal of the plot)

-OOG Michael Smith
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
30 Dec 2013 17:07 #4 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic Item Conversion Process
What about items that are +1 soak or use racial skills we have access to. Wr don't need to change those right?

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
30 Dec 2013 17:09 #5 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic Item Conversion Process
Also if an items is + damage bane vs particular list... is that still valid or must we convert it?

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
30 Dec 2013 17:09 #6 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Correct, but we still need to make them in-line with the new system.

-OOG Michael Smith
  • Kleidin
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 152
30 Dec 2013 17:25 #7 by Kleidin (Kleidin)
Replied by Kleidin (Kleidin) on topic Item Conversion Process
ok

question

I have a banquet raffle item that has 1 major unique skill, and 4 jems which are 20cp of 4 different types to be chosen at the beginning of every event. How would these convert? 80 total CP worth, changable per original card. Would I get 1 15 pt, and 65 pts of other things?

Lady Kleidin du Tenkukai Weaveforger Laurent-Belmont of Kaladonia
Master Witch Hunter, and Elder Druid
OOG: Diane Sodher
  • Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 226
30 Dec 2013 18:02 #8 by Goggs (coryan)
Replied by Goggs (coryan) on topic Item Conversion Process
Thanks for this Mike!

Just to clarify: in this example, you're able to swap the restoration for any skill you have access to. Does that mean ANY skill you have access to, or just those whose build cost is equal to or less than the build cost of Restoration?

Thanks, sorry for yet more questions

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

OOG: Cory W-S
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a Maul."
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
30 Dec 2013 18:44 #9 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic Item Conversion Process
If we already did the item conversion, do we still need to do this, or are we all set?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
30 Dec 2013 19:43 #10 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
You are all set on your end. :-)

-OOG Michael Smith
30 Dec 2013 19:47 #11 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Cory,

Thank you so much... I had a flaw in what I wrote! It would be 2 restorations would be any skill.

To be clear. Any two rank 3 or 4 spells in your item becomes 1 any skill rune
Any one rank 3 or 4 spell we have been making a 4 or less build skill

Any two rank 1 or 2 spells in your item becomes 1 skill of 4 or less build
Any left over rank 1 or 2 spells, I will work with you.

I will edit my post to de-error my error.

-OOG Michael Smith
30 Dec 2013 21:43 #12 by Meander Correlis (SarahBrand)
Replied by Meander Correlis (SarahBrand) on topic Item Conversion Process
So! I have this handy dandy item I won from a contest called the Bard's Bones.

Once per event, it lets me roll a die to get one Bard spell (the roll determining whether or not I get to choose a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th rank spell, or no spell that event).

Would this count as a unique ability? I have no idea how this item would convert...sorry to ask such a specific question!

Thank you!

~Meander Correlis, Master Alchemist
Baronial Ambassador to Londwyn
Champion of Homunculi City

(OOG: Sarah Brand)
  • Oren Tenderson
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Be better than you were the day before.
  • Thank Yous: 172
31 Dec 2013 01:03 - 31 Dec 2013 03:12 #13 by Oren Tenderson (Tormy)
Replied by Oren Tenderson (Tormy) on topic Item Conversion Process
Another question that came up in december...
If a weapon/shiled/armor/other item of note is converted to build completely, is that physical item destoryed? Or is it likely we would get a basic (or better) item card be in our futures as well as the rest of the conversion?

For those of us that have gone through the process at the camp, is there a timeline when we should see the other additions (aside from the build) to our cards?

Captain Oren Zero Tenderson of the Royal Baronial Guard of Travance.

OOG- William Bartlett
Marshal
Last edit: 31 Dec 2013 03:12 by Oren Tenderson (Tormy). Reason: second question
  • Fie!
  • Thank Yous: 58
31 Dec 2013 01:58 #14 by Fie! (Triminac)
Replied by Fie! (Triminac) on topic Item Conversion Process
Is there a way to convert build into sockets for the new system?

Owen Piper
Admiral of the Kormyrian Royal Navy
Named Successor to Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz

OOG - Josh Heeder
Marshal and Personal Quest Team
31 Dec 2013 03:49 #15 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
In general, if you have unique situations, please e-mail the items in tho that e-mail address, and what you could figure out, and of what you are unsure. A lot of people have unique situations, we will do our best. If something is coming up from a lot of people, I will post a FYI about how we are going forward with it.

As for Sockets, we are discussing ways of getting lower level socket items (items with 1 or 2 sockets, and occasionally a 3 socket item) out into the public to handle the immediate demand. Also the changes to smithing are getting looked over one last time before opening them up to the public. However, it is no secret that Artificers will be able to make sockets, or increase the number of sockets in an item, but sockets take a long time to craft, and they are going to be in high demand.

-OOG Michael Smith
  • Ib
  • Thank Yous: 37
04 Jan 2014 16:07 #16 by Ib (Gannon)
Replied by Ib (Gannon) on topic Item Conversion Process
can items that had be rewritten in novemeber be changed before the system goes active for january?

also can build from skills be used to purchase spell usages?

Ib Flett
Asbjorn Vigdisson

OOC - Gannon Shanley
05 Jan 2014 17:38 #17 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
e-mail me what you want, and I will see what is possible.

-OOG Michael Smith
  • PIT DAWWWWWWG
  • Good luck, TO ME! Wah ha ha!
  • Thank Yous: 68
08 Jan 2014 15:40 - 08 Jan 2014 15:45 #18 by PIT DAWWWWWWG (Aldous)
Replied by PIT DAWWWWWWG (Aldous) on topic Item Conversion Process
Since this is the only thing really hindering me from submitting my item rewrite and the next event is coming around the corner, what exactly is the plan for the Smithing promotional items?

Smith – Legendary Work

5 Build; Once Ever, Creation

This skill allows a smith to create one armament that is the hallmark of her skill and ability. The smith must spend a total of twenty hours role-playing the research, design, and crafting of the armament, which must be spread out over no less than three events. Upon its completion, the smith chooses a person to whom the armament is meant to belong (which can be herself), and the armament is then permanently bonded to that person and upon her death to her heir, and so on. The armament is immune to any form of destructive attack, and can never be taken more the five feet from its owner, or it automatically blinks away and appears in her hand, or at her side if her hands are full. Furthermore, no one can invoke any of the armament’s abilities other than the owner – including any continuous bonus the armament might provide. The abilities that the armament possesses must be determined between the player and the director, but each legendary work has one specific bonus and one unique ability, and can further be imbued with skills at a ratio of one build in value for every one Crafting Point permanently expended, to a maximum of 15 build. The specific bonus for a weapon is +2 of a damage type determined by the player and the director; for a shield the bonus is two periodic uses of the skill Deflect; for a piece or suit of armor the bonus is +2 soak. The Legendary Work is always considered to be both Superior and Exalted in nature.

Will the lower list skills exchanged for permanent CP still be allowed to be taken from lists you don't have as before (which may be counter-intuitive to the item changes), or will we need to purchase skills that we already possess uses of (which actually gives no incentive to do so, since we can just buy those skills with normal build for the same amounts and we get the benefit of being able to double their usage in magic items)?

In addition, how will the passive benefits provided in the Promotional items be handled? Will the +2 damage given passively to weapons be counted as the single +damage enhancement allowed in the rewrite?

Finally, with the Heroic Smithing lists making the creation of alloys possible, can a Smith make their Legendary Works out of a hybrid material?

I'm not as stupid as you think I am,
But I AM as strong as I think I am.

Hengis Grumblegut
The Pit Dog
((OOG: Keath Geranios))
Last edit: 08 Jan 2014 15:45 by PIT DAWWWWWWG (Aldous).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Goggs (coryan), Faila (Faila)
  • Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 226
08 Jan 2014 16:27 - 08 Jan 2014 16:29 #19 by Goggs (coryan)
Replied by Goggs (coryan) on topic Item Conversion Process
While we're on this topic - do Legendary Works count as one of the three items a character can normally have attuned to them?

Additionally, this:

Furthermore, no one can invoke any of the armament’s abilities other than the owner – including any continuous bonus the armament might provide.

Is this restriction likely to be extended to all attuned magic items, or possibly done away with entirely for Legendary Works?

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

OOG: Cory W-S
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a Maul."
Last edit: 08 Jan 2014 16:29 by Goggs (coryan).
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
08 Jan 2014 18:27 #20 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic Item Conversion Process
Because Legendary Work is a skill, it does not qualify as an item and so the skill functions just as the skill says.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
09 Jan 2014 14:38 #21 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic Item Conversion Process

Aleister wrote: Because Legendary Work is a skill, it does not qualify as an item and so the skill functions just as the skill says.

Now, if they made us rewrite our legendary back in november, but we still have the old card, will we be able to switch back to the old card?
I only ask because I was told that the legendary work fell under the bound item rules (which turns out to not be the case)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
09 Jan 2014 23:41 #22 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Send me an email with your legenday work explaiming that we are restoring your old card. Thanks

-OOG Michael Smith
18 Jan 2014 16:11 #23 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
I figure I have about 20 more characters to do the items for (some of you I have e-mailed, some I have not). If there are mistakes, feel free to let me know (you have a copy of your items now).

For those that have done your items over e-mail, I have put a note on your card that I need to sign off on your items before they are active. At that time I will be hole punching your old items, so please have them on you.

Thank you everyone for your patience in this process,
I will not be able to do other people's items at the weekend until maybe Sunday morning, and in February I will be away for two weeks, but I will try to continue to transfer items over.

Please note, I cannot transfer temporary items over to your character. If you have a temporary item that has an expiration date, I will do my best to convert it to a usable temporary item this friday before 8 pm. Otherwise, since I am running this event, I will be in logistics a lot, but please have patience if I am running something and have no down time at the moment you come by.

Michael Smith

-OOG Michael Smith
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clove (Mark), Josephine (mferro54), Faila (Faila)
19 Jan 2014 22:48 #24 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Ok, I have gotten through all the item conversions that were handled in person, and I have gotten through all 69 e-mails that were sent in (some repeat customers). I have NOT done the Gem Credits yet for those that get them.

Most people's items should now be able to be seen on their cards at cards.knightrealms.com/

I am FULLY cognoscente that I am human and I make mistakes, so PLEASE go over the items and make sure I didn't mess up your items! (I supposed if I messed up in your favor, that's my bad). Things to especially watch out for, if you had more than one source of + Damage, I might have missed that you get runes for the +Damage that didn't count. I should have a copy of the images of all of your items, so just notate to me which items I should look at, and what rune you want for that (Can be any of the 'item creation' runes (The first set of three) on the Artificer, Ceremonialist, Sorcery, and Elder List). Include your real name and your character name, it will make it easier for me.

E-mail me at

You should notice your UNIQUE skills are now on the OOG section of the card.

Also, a few people I replied to their e-mail and got a notice that the e-mail bounced. So if you sent me your items and I haven't e-mailed you with a problem, or question, please e-mail me.

Also a HUGE thank you to all the people who were so nice during the item creation process. I have spent most of my free time lately doing this, and the thank yous and the the other kind words did a lot to keep me going!

If I haven't yet received your items, it isn't too late, I will be happy to start the conversion process... Also Steve has agreed to take pictures of items and record all of your stuff at the event Friday and maybe a little some other time. I will try to wake up Sunday early, pack all my stuff and handle a few people before clean up.

-OOG Michael Smith
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oren Tenderson (Tormy), Angeliana (Angeliana)
  • Oren Tenderson
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Be better than you were the day before.
  • Thank Yous: 172
19 Jan 2014 23:03 #25 by Oren Tenderson (Tormy)
Replied by Oren Tenderson (Tormy) on topic Item Conversion Process
Two things.

1) Thank you for all the hard work you did on this conversion. Good luck on the career point crediting from gems and items.

2) On those items that were to be worked on and converted to artifacts, how is that being handled so far? Is there a plan yet for them? Are the old cards being used for those items?
I know this was a big change over, and has several steps. I was just wondering for how that is being/ going to be handled.

Captain Oren Zero Tenderson of the Royal Baronial Guard of Travance.

OOG- William Bartlett
Marshal
20 Jan 2014 00:32 #26 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Artifacts are the trickiest part of this all.

1) They need to be able to be stolen.
2) They need to not have many, if any skills/spells/abilities on them.
3) You can only use one per event, and you must declare which artifact you are using on your card.

If you have an artifact, let us know, and if we can make an easy conversion, we will do it then. If not, we will at least get it in the process of conversion and make a note for that weekend.

-OOG Michael Smith
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oren Tenderson (Tormy)
20 Jan 2014 07:27 #27 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Replied by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042) on topic Item Conversion Process
A word about character cards and items this event -- You will be getting your character card from the Awards Banquet back. This will be your official card for this event. If you had a higher list re-write or had items added to your card with the magic item re-write then you will also get a new print of a "semi-official" card for reference. The semi-official card will be on plain paper, will not have a back printed with it and you will not turn it in.

So make sure that you do all of your learning, marking and get all signatures on the official card and not the semi-official one.

Gunnar Gunnarson, Medicine Man
--
OOG: Joe Hines
Former Development Officer
  • Zathir
  • He's Zahir, I'm Zathir, our sister Ze'Everywhere, she gets around.
  • Thank Yous: 42
20 Jan 2014 14:57 #28 by Zathir (Clevatus)
Replied by Zathir (Clevatus) on topic Re:Item Conversion Process
I resent my email. None of mjne appeared to be updated. Probably an issue with Interwebs.

Zathir Ib'n Hatim Al Nawar

-Vassal of Drega'Mire

(OOG-Nathaniel Galloway)
21 Jan 2014 03:53 #29 by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge)
Replied by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge) on topic Item Conversion Process
Are pledge weapon build conversions self-taught build as per the (formerly pledged) build, or does that go into the normal build pool?

OOC Name - Martin Bridge
21 Jan 2014 17:31 #30 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
I am getting a lot of message delayed messages, Nathaniel, you were one of them were the message was delayed. Shoot me another message to make sure I have the right e-mail address. I probably won't get to it tonight, though I might late tonight. If I wind up having a snow day tomorrow, I will plow through fixing the small errors, and trying to get the e-mails through... must be a weird interwebs blizzard.

As for the pledge weapon build conversion, when are you next coming to game? If we can, we will work something out for you, considering the distance you travel to get here. When is the next time you are coming to game?

-OOG Michael Smith
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.823 seconds