Character Card Renumbering

02 Jan 2014 10:04 #1 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Character Card Renumbering was created by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Happy New Year!

As the KR community has grown, and gone through technological advancements, the number of cards in the Character Database (and the numbers on those cards) has grown with it.

Once every few years, we will do a "Compression" where we take all of the cards currently in use, and renumber them all to lower numbers. Cards that haven't been used in a while are put in storage, but can be pulled up later if needed. This keeps the number of cards we need to maintain to a minimum, and keeps the card numbers lower for active players (instead of in the 4,000+ range).

For this current compression, all cards in the new online DB will be kept, and renumbered to a lower number. Cards that haven't made it to the new system will be in the archives, but can be transferred (and given a new number) if needed. This change will be effective tonight and will be printed on your new cards at the awards banquet.

Gunnar Gunnarson, Medicine Man
--
OOG: Joe Hines
Former Development Officer
The following user(s) said Thank You: GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Amizar (Amizar), Oren Tenderson (Tormy), JTinney (Swordsaint), Faila (Faila), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
02 Jan 2014 17:44 #2 by Clyde MacIntosh Arkanian (WafflesMcDuff)
Replied by Clyde MacIntosh Arkanian (WafflesMcDuff) on topic Character Card Renumbering
Aw man... my number was so easy to remember lol
Now I have to remember that my number ISN'T 750? :P

Warmest Regards,

Clyde MacIntosh Arkanian
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOG: Josh Goldberg
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. --Douglas Adams
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
02 Jan 2014 18:00 #3 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic Character Card Renumbering
Can my number be 9,001... so when during check in, the person working behind the desk asks "What's your number?"
I can say "It's over 9000!!!"

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
  • Onca
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 202
02 Jan 2014 18:50 #4 by Onca (Lorelai)
Replied by Onca (Lorelai) on topic Character Card Renumbering
Bummer, I liked Lorelai's card number being my address! It made it really easy to remember. And I only JUST memorized Delinia's.

=/

~ Lorelai Sihnon VonRitter
Huntress of Galladel
Head of House VonRitter of the Witch Hunter Academy

OOG:
Rachel Jump/Onca
(New Player Marshal)
02 Jan 2014 19:20 #5 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Replied by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred) on topic Character Card Renumbering
:-) I always rememberd my numbers cause they added up to a perfect circle.. I hope my new numbers are also easy to remember.. like 3 and 14, or 10 and 23 or 23 and 42, or 14 and 92, or 11 and 12, or 19 and 71...

-OOG Michael Smith
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rowan Uidhir (Teresa)
02 Jan 2014 19:41 #6 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Replied by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042) on topic Character Card Renumbering
Everyone can check their new numbers now. They are done.

Gunnar Gunnarson, Medicine Man
--
OOG: Joe Hines
Former Development Officer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ib (Gannon), Clyde MacIntosh Arkanian (WafflesMcDuff)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.482 seconds