Knight Realms Map Project

• Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
08 Jan 2014 09:27 #1 by Gallion (Gallion)
Knight Realms Map Project was created by Gallion (Gallion)
Knight Realms Map Project

While I am fond of our maps, most of them are low resolution and are difficult if not impossible to edit. It is my intention that they all be re-done in one single format and style and in high resolution.

To that end I am looking for a few volunteers to learn and use the map making program known as "Campaign Cartographer III" with "Fantasy Overland, Symbol Set I"
www.profantasy.com/products/cc3.asp
www.profantasy.com/products/ss1.asp

I will purchase the software needed for the project.

If you are interested in volunteering, please consider first if you meet the below criteria:
An Artistic Eye/Artistic Talent - To be able to make sure that the maps are as visually pleasing as humanly possible within the confines of the software.
Free Time - To invest in both learning the program and following through with designing multiple maps.
A decent quality PC - To run the software properly.

If you believe you can do it, then volunteer by sending me an e-mail informing me of your interest. If chosen I will purchase the software, will consult with you on both design and world details and will compensate with generous game rewards for your time, effort and talent.

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
The following user(s) said Thank You: GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Amizar (Amizar), Dimetri Yhatzi (DMvanhart), curt pantuso (Nyle M.), Faila (Faila), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
09 Jan 2014 10:58 #2 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic Knight Realms Map Project
Thank you all for the replies!

I actually got about twelve responses, out of which six sound like they could fit the description I am looking for exactly.

Give me a few days to figure out how to proceed. Originally I was going to have one person do this, but perhaps it is better if multiple people are working on it. I think what I will do, is choose two or three to start and have them all work on coming up with the best design possible (There are countless deign styles that can be created with this program) and once the best possible design style is chosen, we find a way to get a team of 3 to 6 people on board with doing different maps all with the same style.

I will contact just a few of you soon, and then more later. Thanks! ;)

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.688 seconds