Cold Weekend

23 Jan 2014 09:02 #1 by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin)
Cold Weekend was created by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin)
Gang,
This weekend is going to be cold. The best time to prepare is now. Overpack for the weekend: thick wool socks, thermal underwear, heavy layers, gloves and some type of head covering.

Despite being properly prepared, do think about limiting your exposure, when it comes to venturing outdoors. This is especially true for those who know they are more susceptible to the elements and those who have physical limitations that make traveling in snow and ice even more difficult.

If you find yourself shivering severely, please get indoors and gradually warm your extremities.

Hydration is as important as always.

In summary, a little preplanning will help you enjoy your weekend experience and limit your chance at becoming a medical patient.

Hope to see all of you tomorrow.

Lord Ardin Silverbow
Lord of Pendarvin

"While others succumb, we overcome."
-Silverbow Motto

OOG: Norm B
Safety Deputy

"When I think of the greatness of my job and realize that I am what I am, I am amazed, but on reflection, who is as good as I am? I know of no one."
-George Patton(I wish Ardin had said this first)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack (Keeperofdice), Gwynedd (Gwynedd), Muzen (Yoshimatsu), Rudolf (Rudolf), Josephine (mferro54), JTinney (Swordsaint), Narcis (ChrisR), GFulls (GFulls), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.433 seconds