New Character History Submission System

• Casandra
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Let me take you on a journey like no other...
  • Thank Yous: 206
16 Feb 2014 21:01 - 16 Feb 2014 21:02 #1 by Casandra (Casandra)
New Character History Submission System was created by Casandra (Casandra)
Character backgrounds.

If you haven’t already heard about it, or discovered it on your own, this is officially announcing the new system for submitting your Character History.
In the past, backgrounds were submitted via email, by filling out a form. The new system makes it easy to submit and easy for them to be approved. You will also be able to access it at any time, and to add additional entries.

It’s easy: Just sign into your character card @ cards.knightrealms.com. You will see a link that says Character Chronicle. Just click on it and submit your history.

Please do this, even if you have already turned in a history the old way. We will not be able to move any previously submitted histories to this new spot.

• Once you submit it, it will go to a “pending” status. We will read it over and either approve it, or ask you to revise it.

Once it is approved, you will receive 1 build!

More good news. Every year you may submit an additional entry, chronicling your adventures in Travance. For every approved addition, you get another build.

Thank you and let us know if you have any questions.

Casandra Blackthorne
Lady of Alisandria

Merchant and Professional Absintheur
Black Orchid Merchant Company

Last edit: 16 Feb 2014 21:02 by Casandra (Casandra).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Jack (Keeperofdice), Narcis (ChrisR), Rowan Uidhir (Teresa), Swyft (agentswift), Tycho Montresor (Tycho Montresor)
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
17 Feb 2014 01:08 #2 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic New Character History Submission System
Can we edit our character histories adn remove something we later thought of as a bad idea from it, and elaborate in other areas? And when should we start the every year in travance thing, on our one year IG anniversary or in January?

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
17 Feb 2014 08:02 #3 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic New Character History Submission System
At the moment I believe you can only edit it until it has been approved. The thought of you editing an entry after it has already been approved could get complicated, though well think about updating the system however we can in the future. For now, just re-read your history a few times before hitting the submit button.

As for when you post your yearly entries it dosnt matter. Try to title them "John Smith Year 1, 2, 3," or anything similar to that.

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
17 Feb 2014 08:06 #4 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Re:New Character History Submission System
If we had already used that link before this post went up, do you want us to resubmit now, or will it already be considered pending

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
17 Feb 2014 08:49 #5 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic Re:New Character History Submission System
If you can see it from your character card page it should be fine. Jason, yours is not submitted.

• Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
17 Feb 2014 09:40 #6 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic New Character History Submission System
If it read "Pending" in the past, and now does not, does that mean it's been approved? Or will it say "Approved" when/if it's approved?

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
17 Feb 2014 11:09 #7 by Gallion (Gallion)
Yours has been approved, so if it simply no longer said "Pending", than that must be it for now.

We will tweak the system to make the communication of all this better as we discover new ways to do so.

Thanks ;)

• Kadin D
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 53
17 Feb 2014 16:52 #8 by Kadin D (Katie D)
Replied by Kadin D (Katie D) on topic New Character History Submission System
I put it in, but I can't even find where it would say pending. I must be missing something.

Physician

Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

OOG - Katie DeFranza

New Player Marshal, Safety Marshal
  • Niistyre
  • Thank Yous: 1
17 Feb 2014 17:59 #9 by Niistyre (Luedyienya)
Replied by Niistyre (Luedyienya) on topic New Character History Submission System
Do we submit before or after being to our first event? I'm glad I get to revise at any rate, my writing wasn't up to par with my personal standards.
Thanks!

oog: Beth D.
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
17 Feb 2014 20:37 #10 by Gallion (Gallion)
At the moment, you have to have a character card in the database. If you have a character card in the database than you can submit a history.

17 Feb 2014 21:49 #11 by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar)
Replied by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar) on topic New Character History Submission System
Thank God that Gmail keeps all emails.

Templar Ekatarina Esmeralda Kisslinger McKregar, Prophet of the Kindred Oak

Neina Avaren

OOC: Ann A.- Logistics Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
18 Apr 2014 02:15 #12 by Peonia Smut'yan Silverfang (Yaya)
Replied by Peonia Smut'yan Silverfang (Yaya) on topic New Character History Submission System
So, I submitted mine the old way and it was approved, now I re-submitted via the Card System 14 days ago and all it says is "Submitted", not "Pending" or anything...just wanted to check and see if this is normal? :)

Peonia "Yaya" Smut'yan Silverfang
Quartermaster of Ostcliff
Ornatia Kumpania
"Loyalty is a most precious commodity."
"For the kin."
OOG: Ashley Buchholz
Lead Player Rep (Veteran Team)
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
18 Apr 2014 06:54 #13 by Gallion (Gallion)
Yep, we are backlogged. Everyone submitted theirs all at once, which was good, but we weren't exactly prepared for the sheer quantity of submissions. After this event we will probably get a few more people onboard to get the initial approvals complete. Thanks ;)

The following user(s) said Thank You: JTinney (Swordsaint), Peonia Smut'yan Silverfang (Yaya), Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
  • Not An Assassin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I'm not a man fighting against monsters, I'm a monster fighting against the world as it reclaims itself.
  • Thank Yous: 344
15 May 2014 10:24 #14 by Not An Assassin (Salem)
Replied by Not An Assassin (Salem) on topic New Character History Submission System
Is there a length limit on the history? Because I have two versions, one that is a basic idea of the history, and one that has a bit more detail.

Salem Noire, Lieutenant Commander of the Blood Spirits

Lieutenant Leon Drekken of House Zezima

OOG-Reece Belmont
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
15 May 2014 10:36 #15 by Gallion (Gallion)
There is no limit however, I will share with you a simple fact, the shorter it is the quicker it will be approved. A fact of life is that we are trying hard to approve them in between doing everything else, so we tend to tackle the shorter ones first and save the longer ones for last.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Peonia Smut'yan Silverfang (Yaya)
  • Not An Assassin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I'm not a man fighting against monsters, I'm a monster fighting against the world as it reclaims itself.
  • Thank Yous: 344
15 May 2014 10:42 #16 by Not An Assassin (Salem)
Replied by Not An Assassin (Salem) on topic New Character History Submission System
Thanks James. I'm going to submit the more detailed one. I'll be patient with you guys. There's no rush for my history to be looked at. (This history is like two and a quarter pages long).

Salem Noire, Lieutenant Commander of the Blood Spirits

Lieutenant Leon Drekken of House Zezima

OOG-Reece Belmont
11 Jun 2015 17:56 #17 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Replied by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042) on topic New Character History Submission System
Just an update on the process. When your Character Chronicle is approved you will now receive an email.

Please remember that you are limited to submitting one per year. This means you can submit one at the start of your character's life and on every anniversary.

Gunnar Gunnarson, Medicine Man
--
OOG: Joe Hines
Former Development Officer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample), Mantel (sigma-j)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.700 seconds