Phase II of the Core Rules Updates!

• Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
20 Feb 2014 09:08 - 20 Feb 2014 09:08 #1 by Gallion (Gallion)
Phase II of the Core Rules Updates! was created by Gallion (Gallion)
As promised the second phase of our core changes are happening in February! I am excited because these updates will work at shifting the game to a more interesting climate ultimately bringing characters a little closer together and allowing us to scale back the monsters and general higher numbers a bit. I will be making multiple posts and each of those posts may be lengthy. For those of you who would like the readers digest version of the updates I have listed them below.

Please see the full posts for full details, and understand that the following is only an abbreviated explanation and will not explain the full scope of the updates.

Abbreviated Updates:
- Proficiencies and Strengths will now increase significantly in cost every three purchases and Ranged and Backstabs after every sixth. This will lower the overall damage numbers being called.

- Body Points will now be calculated using a ratio that is “Unique” for every character. That ratio is calculated automatically for you by the database and is reflective of what individual skills you have purchased. This will allow your BP to be an accurate reflection of your characters mult-classing choices. For the first 15 build you buy you will do so at a bonus, for the next 15 build it will be your normal rate, and for every 15 after that the value for your build will depreciate, effectively lowering previously high body point numbers. Beyond this there will no longer be limits to how much body you can purchase.

- The Damage Hierarchy is being removed. All damage types are equally useful, but in different ways. Magic will not effect everything, some creatures will have a weakness to magic or a resistance against it... same goes for all damage types.

- Only Mythril is unbreakable. This means magic weapons and artifacts can be broken. To balance this many changes will be made to allow for easier fortification of those weapons and easier repair after they have been broken.

- Augmentations are being limited, so you can only stack so many +1 damage, soak, etc… from so many sources.

- Armor is now given a multiplier that is based off of your profession and skill choices, much like body points, but without the race calculated in. This multiplier multiplies the number of AP you can have embedded into your armor.

- Smithing is being made simpler. More crafting points will be needed, but less time will be required.

- We are tweaking Healers Empathy

- We are changing the traps rules slightly to make them much more viable to be used during encounters. We are adding the concept of designing/creating the trap ahead of time and then setting them quickly.

- Removing most of the summoning spells from the game and replacing with glyphs.

We will be allowing players to re spend significant parts of thier card if they wish as a reflection of these updates. Those guidelines and steps will be posted closer to Monday. I will now be posting the detailed list of updates in separate posts. I’ll also create a separate post for questions, but Ill place that in the rules section and you should only ask questions after reading the full detailed updates. We will be away and wont be able to answer questions until Monday… unless you are at the con and want to talk about them in real time. ;)

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
Last edit: 20 Feb 2014 09:08 by Gallion (Gallion).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rudolf (Rudolf), Josephine (mferro54), Onca (Lorelai), JTinney (Swordsaint), GFulls (GFulls), Matthias (Matthias), Angeliana (Angeliana), Swyft (agentswift), Tycho Montresor (Tycho Montresor), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.450 seconds