Rules Updates for March

• Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
02 Mar 2014 18:00 - 05 Mar 2014 21:25 #1 by Gallion (Gallion)
Rules Updates for March was created by Gallion (Gallion)
The following skills have been updated, in accordance with the recent Core Rules updates or as hot fixes to Master and Heroic lists:

[hr]

Clarification: The +2 Soak from Legendary Work will stack with all other soaks, allowing your total soak to reach +17.

Clarification: Damage specific soaks (i.e. - Fire for Fire Drake Scales) may go above and beyond the normal +5 soak limit for armor, for that specific damage type only.

[hr]

Iron Body
Skill (Periodic), Knowledge
10 minutes of concentration/meditation warrior monk gains 30 AP multiplied by their AR. Additionally, they gain a soak equal to their AR. The Soak and AP both expire at the end of the period. Additional uses of this skill within a period take 10 minutes and restores the Warrior Monk back up to the full AP earned from the first use of this skill, it does not add onto the old AP, nor does it add any additional soak. The warrior monk may not be wearing armor to use this skill and if the warrior monk puts on any armor all of its effects are suppressed until the armor is removed. The Soak gained from this skill is considered soak from armor for all purposes.

This skill has been increased in cost to 10 build for Warrior Monks.

[hr]

Armor Patch
Skill (Periodic), Creation, Targets Object
This skill allows a character to imbue 5 base Armor Points to a piece or suit of armor. You must role-play fixing the armor for three minutes; if interrupted, you can resume work later, but no benefit is awarded by this skill until the entire working duration is completed. When performing Armor Patch of a piece or suit of armor, the armor does not need to be removed. Cannot apply to Iron Body, Enchanted Armor, or other forms of AP granted by a skill or ability.

[hr]

Armor Efficiency
Skill (Continuous), Knowledge
This skill grants +1 to the character's Armor Ratio. The character must have a 2 or better Armor Ratio (naturally) to benefit from this skill. The bonus will be automatically calculated on your card, and added to your AR. Cannot apply to Iron Body, Enchanted Armor, or other forms of AP granted by a skill or ability.

This skill has been increased in cost to 10 build for Dragoons and Smiths, and added to Cavalier and Warrior for 10 build as well.

[hr]

Rank II: Balance Armor
Skill (Continuous), Crafting, Creation
This ability allows a smith to increase the Armor Ratio of a single location of armor by +1, at a cost of 5 CP and 1 minute. Damage sustained by armor is subtracted from the Balanced bonus before the rest of the armor, and loses its Balanced state once this bonus is depleted. A location of armor can only be balanced once per event. This ability cannot be used on armor that has been bound. Cannot apply to Iron Body, Enchanted Armor, or other forms of AP granted by a skill or ability.

[hr]

Rank III: Forge Superior Armor
This ability allows a smith to produce a shield or suit of armor of special quality. The smith must expend 5 CP for a shield or armor location requisite to the item being produced. When a superior item is tempered or balanced, the effect lasts for the duration of the event (i.e. - Superior armor that is balanced retains the additional +1 AR even after it is damaged).

[hr]

Rank III: Field Repair Armament
This ability can be used in two ways, neither of which requires that a smith be at a forge.
  1. A smith can repair a weapon or shield that has been shattered at a cost of two crafting points and two minutes.
  2. A smith can bestow Armor Points to a piece or suit of armor. For every four base armor points the smith must spend one crafting points and one minute role-playing fixing the armor; if interrupted, you can resume work later, but no benefit is awarded by this skill until the entire working duration is completed. When performing a Field Repair of a piece or suit of armor, the armor does not need to be removed.
[hr]

Acrobat – Expert Reflexes
3 Build; Skill (Per Event), Augment
This skill bestows a soak of four for the duration of one battle. The acrobat cannot wear plate armor while using this skill.

[hr]

The following option is added to Weapon Mastery, from Master Warrior:

One-Handed Weapon + Empty Hand - Expert Disarm
Traits: Periodic, Superior, Attack
The character disarms a target, but instead of the target dropping the weapon or item, the attacker may choose anywhere within 5ft for the object to land, including in the attackers free hand.

[hr]

The following Heroic skills have been updated:

Orange Sorcery Mastery - Haste/Slow
Traits: Periodic, Superior, Attack, Augment, Magic (Arcane)
The Orange Sorcery Master may cast one of two Superior Spells per event. Haste will speed up the Sorcerer, doubling the effect of all movement skills and decrease all concentration, craft, and cast times by half (3rd/4th rank spells use 2nd rank verbals. 1st/2nd rank spells use 1st rank verbals.) for the duration of one hour. Slow will do the opposite, causing a target to become Hobbled and double the times on all concentration, crafting and casting times (All spells require 4th rank verbals) and cooldowns for 10 minutes.

Blue Sorcery Mastery - Ritual Stacking
This skill allows a character to set multiple runes into a single socket. If the socket already has one rune, a second may be added using 50 Gold worth of gems, 50% of which must be perfect gems. If the Socket already has two runes, a third may be added using 100 Gold worth of gems, 50% of which must be perfect. In addition, the Sorcerer may set an additional, 4th rune in any 4th, 5th, or 6th socket on items bound to themselves, provided all runes in that socket are Blue Sorcery Runes. The cost to set this 4th rune is 200 gold in Gems, 50% of which must be perfect. All of the runes in a single socket must be from the first Tier of the same Heroic List.

Artificer - Armament Mastery
This skill allows a character to set multiple runes into a single socket. If the socket already has one rune, a second may be added using 50 Gold worth of gems, 50% of which must be perfect gems. If the Socket already has two runes, a third may be added using 100 Gold worth of gems, 50% of which must be perfect. In addition, the Artificer may set an additional, 4th rune in any 4th, 5th, or 6th socket on items bound to themselves, provided all runes in that socket are Armament Runes. The cost to set this 4th rune is 200 gold in Gems, 50% of which must be perfect. All of the runes in a single socket must be from the first Tier of the same Heroic List.

Ceremonialist (Brazen) - Ceremony Stacking
This skill allows a character to set multiple runes into a single socket. If the socket already has one rune, a second may be added using 50 Gold worth of gems, 50% of which must be perfect gems. If the Socket already has two runes, a third may be added using 100 Gold worth of gems, 50% of which must be perfect. In addition, the Ceremonialist may set an additional, 4th rune in any 4th, 5th, or 6th socket on items bound to themselves, provided all runes in that socket are Sacrament Runes. The cost to set this 4th rune is 200 gold in Gems, 50% of which must be perfect. All of the runes in a single socket must be from the first Tier of the same Heroic List.

Druidic Elder - Geomancy
This skill allows a character to set multiple runes into a single socket. If the socket already has one rune, a second may be added using 50 Gold worth of gems, 50% of which must be perfect gems. If the Socket already has two runes, a third may be added using 100 Gold worth of gems, 50% of which must be perfect. In addition, the Elder may set an additional, 4th rune in any 4th, 5th, or 6th socket on items bound to themselves, provided all runes in that socket are Druidic Item Creation Runes. The cost to set this 4th rune is 200 gold in Gems, 50% of which must be perfect. All of the runes in a single socket must be from the first Tier of the same Heroic List.

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
Last edit: 05 Mar 2014 21:25 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred).
  • Clove
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 35
03 Mar 2014 01:53 #2 by Clove (Mark)
Replied by Clove (Mark) on topic Rules Updates for March
if iron body gives enough ap, can the warrior monk benefit from armor soak runes?

OOG-Mark B
03 Mar 2014 08:29 #3 by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks)
Replied by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks) on topic Rules Updates for March

Clarification: Damage specific soaks (i.e. - Fire for Fire Drake Scales) may go above and beyond the normal +5 soak limit for armor, for that specific damage type only.

Does the soak from Negative Energy Resistance apply here?

In Service to Travance
Ser Winks Sharpthorn, The Resolute
Knight of Drega'Mire
Soul-Blade of Galladel

Alt: William Sterling
Chief Mechanic of the Kormyrian Sky Flotilla
Lead Engineer of the Travancian Railroad

OOG: Walter Soto
Marshal
Cannon Marshal
  • Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 226
03 Mar 2014 08:54 #4 by Goggs (coryan)
Replied by Goggs (coryan) on topic Rules Updates for March

Orange Sorcery Mastery - Haste/Slow
Traits: Periodic, Superior, Attack, Augment, Magic (Arcane)
The Orange Sorcery Master may cast one of two Superior Spells per event.

Is this ability going to be periodic, or per event? (Thanks!)

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

OOG: Cory W-S
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a Maul."
03 Mar 2014 09:11 #5 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Replied by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred) on topic Rules Updates for March
Yes, the intent of this to to have iron body replace armor but have the build cost be the drawback.

-OOG Michael Smith
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clove (Mark)
  • Arken
  • Here we go!
  • Thank Yous: 47
03 Mar 2014 16:00 #6 by Arken (Arken)
Replied by Arken (Arken) on topic Rules Updates for March
that seems like two drawbacks...

----
Nick G
  • Damien
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 145
03 Mar 2014 16:13 #7 by Damien (Damien)
Replied by Damien (Damien) on topic Rules Updates for March

Lostfang wrote: that seems like two drawbacks...

Please keep in mind that this skill has the added benefit of getting AP and armor based Soak while not actually wearing any armor.

[hr]
Victor Sylus, Baron of Travance
OOG: Damien A.
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
03 Mar 2014 17:23 #8 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic Rules Updates for March
Get AP & Soak for every purchase per period, without needing to find a Smith to repair your armor, or pay the cost for the repair? I say that's pretty damn good.

Drawback of Iron Body would be not being able to get Balanced or Enchanted, or Socketed/Runic stuff.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
  • PIT DAWWWWWWG
  • Good luck, TO ME! Wah ha ha!
  • Thank Yous: 68
03 Mar 2014 18:12 - 04 Mar 2014 11:07 #9 by PIT DAWWWWWWG (Aldous)
Replied by PIT DAWWWWWWG (Aldous) on topic Rules Updates for March
I see a lot of mentioning of base AP values, but I have yet to find a list of just what they may be for each location and type of armor. Is there a list somewhere that I've overlooked or have they simply not been ironed out yet?

Look here!! www.knightrealms.com/forum/Announcements...amage,-and-soak.html

Cool, thanks!

I'm not as stupid as you think I am,
But I AM as strong as I think I am.

Hengis Grumblegut
The Pit Dog
((OOG: Keath Geranios))
Last edit: 04 Mar 2014 11:07 by PIT DAWWWWWWG (Aldous).
03 Mar 2014 18:18 #10 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Re:Rules Updates for March
I know the rulebook Geoff posted for proofreading has it. I think the core smithing thread does too

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
  • PIT DAWWWWWWG
  • Good luck, TO ME! Wah ha ha!
  • Thank Yous: 68
04 Mar 2014 11:56 #11 by PIT DAWWWWWWG (Aldous)
Replied by PIT DAWWWWWWG (Aldous) on topic Re:Rules Updates for March
Now that I've been able to do some calculations, here's what I've been able to determine as a Smith/Warrior Monk who finds himself at a bit of a rift with the new changes.

With an Armor Multiplier of x4 (+1 from Armor Efficiency), I would receive 120 AP and 4 Soak from Iron Body. It would cost me 10 Build and 10 minutes to refresh these statistics.

The Superior/Exalted Fire Drake Scale armor I wear covers my upper/lower torso, shoulders, one upper arm (having broken the bit that covered the other), and both lower arms, giving me a total of 22 base AP in 7 locations. Multiplied by my Armor Ratio, that makes it 88 AP, with a base soak of 3 (plus the Fire Drake soak, plus a free soak rune from being Exalted, although I could get that soak in other areas)

I can Balance my armor, a process that would cost me 35 CP and 7 Minutes to do, and that would bring my armor total to 110 AP with a x5 AR on each piece.

To repair my armor, I can spend 5 CP and 5 minutes at a forge. To Field Repair my armor, it takes 10 CP and 10 minutes. To Battle Repair my armor, since Battle Repair goes off of total AP, it would take me 11 CP and 30 seconds.

Right now, it seems like the Smithing changes, while stronger for people like me, are also so expensive to upkeep that I can hardly share my boons with anyone else, especially while juggling all the socketing business Heroic Smithing has opened. Lower-level Smiths would not be able to work their craft without a significant amount of early build investment, and higher ones would be conserving their points for upping their sockets rather than blowing it on balancing a few peoples' armor. Iron Body would be a simpler solution for conserving CP but would also hamper my costuming (my coat only looks okay without my tell-tale gutstrap and harness). I always found the niche of being the 'Armor-Healer' in the battlefield interesting, but the current system makes the concept significantly underpowering when you compare it to straight healing (and body can't be bypassed like armor).

I'm not as stupid as you think I am,
But I AM as strong as I think I am.

Hengis Grumblegut
The Pit Dog
((OOG: Keath Geranios))
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tim P (OrganicGolem)
  • Arken
  • Here we go!
  • Thank Yous: 47
04 Mar 2014 12:59 - 04 Mar 2014 13:01 #12 by Arken (Arken)
Replied by Arken (Arken) on topic Rules Updates for March
[strike]How does one calculate AR?[/strike]
Never mind Found it!

----
Nick G
Last edit: 04 Mar 2014 13:01 by Arken (Arken).
04 Mar 2014 19:49 #13 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Replied by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred) on topic Rules Updates for March
Battle Repair was written before we finalized the new smithing rules, we will look at how it should be adjusted accordingly.

Iron Body will be looked at again. It was meant to replace armor, but not completely be better than most people's armor.

I will make a post later tonight, or tomorrow.

-OOG Michael Smith
The following user(s) said Thank You: Meander Correlis (SarahBrand)
  • Imrahil
  • I hear, and I forget; I see, and I remember; I do, and I understand.
  • Thank Yous: 216
04 Mar 2014 20:20 #14 by Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
Replied by Imrahil (Brendan Barrett) on topic Re:Rules Updates for March
Does armor efficiency count toward iron body as it's technically an unarmored skill?

Imrahil

-Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

(Amos Oberjonois - Trapper and Spirit Speaker)

OOG - Brendan Barrett
Kitchen marshal
04 Mar 2014 22:13 #15 by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin)
Replied by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin) on topic Re:Rules Updates for March
If a Smith has his legendary item as a weapon, is the item's +2 count against the +5 dmg cap or does it gain the benefit as legandary arnor gets a +2 soak over and above the +5 cap. Since this weapon is sup/exalted does it also gain the +1 for a free rune for weapon folding?

Lord Ardin Silverbow
Lord of Pendarvin

"While others succumb, we overcome."
-Silverbow Motto

OOG: Norm B
Safety Deputy

"When I think of the greatness of my job and realize that I am what I am, I am amazed, but on reflection, who is as good as I am? I know of no one."
-George Patton(I wish Ardin had said this first)
05 Mar 2014 21:42 #16 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Replied by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred) on topic Re:Rules Updates for March
The following changes has been made to the above post, and in other areas. These changes go into effect immediately.

The skills Armor Patch, Armor Efficiency, and Balance Armor have all been clarified to apply to physical, worn armor. They cannot apply to Iron Body, Enchanted Armor, or other forms of AP granted by a skill or ability.

Forge / Repair Armament has been updated as follows:
A smith can bestow Armor Points (AP) to a piece or suit of armor. For every 1 CP and 1 minute spent, the smith can imbue 8 base AP to a piece of armor.

Field Repair Armament has been updated as follows:
A smith can bestow Armor Points (AP) to a piece or suit of armor. For every 1 CP and 1 minute spent, the smith can imbue 4 base AP to a piece of armor.

The Heroic skill Battle Repair has been updated as follows:
The Smith can spend 30 seconds uninterrupted, and repair all armor worn by an individual to its full base AP. The cost of this ability is 1 CP per 6 Base AP imbued. The armor does not need to be removed to be repaired.

-OOG Michael Smith
The following user(s) said Thank You: GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Swyft (agentswift), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.664 seconds