New NPC Cards and Skills

• Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
03 Mar 2014 13:44 #1 by Aleister (Aleister)
New NPC Cards and Skills was created by Aleister (Aleister)
Hey everyone! I would like to take this moment to explain the new design for NPC cards to make your lives easier when running out of logistics ready to bash in some hero skulls!

All of the NPC stats have been updated following all of the new rules. You will notice body changes, name changes, different stats and of course, my favorite, new monsters! Some of the old ones have been removed (Possibly only temporarily), but have been replaced by other new creatures that came to exist due to various reasons related to the state of the world and all sorts of other neat In Game reasons.

Now, in light of all these changes, I have compiled a list of every NPC skill with traits and descriptions, so you'll never be in the dark again. My intention is to have this list always available in Logistics and eventually, part of the Advanced Knight Realms Rulebook.

Pictured here is the basic design of the new stat card for an NPC, that conveniently fits in all 3x5 card holders.

Every Monster Card will have a Name, CR, description, stat listing, Strengths, Weaknesses, Resistances and Type. What does that all mean?

Every base Monster Manual NPC (Excluding Class Templates) will have a skill or ability marked with an asterisk (*). This will signify the ability that the Druidic Elder gains from it's Mimic Ability.

CR stands for Challenge Rating. The intent is that this is the kind of monster a character should be fighting at that level. So a CR:5 Monster should be facing off against a 5th level character or against 2-4 lower level characters.

Weaknesses refer to the damage types that a monster is weak to. Generally this will be double damage, unless noted otherwise, which would be written as "Magic (x3)". This would signify that the Monster takes Triple damage from magic attacks.

Resistances are the opposite. They will signify what a monster is resistant to, meaning they will take half damage, unless otherwise noted (For Example, Poison (x0) would mean immunity to poison damage). Skill or status effect resistances will signify an immunity to that effect. Very rarely will a monster ever be immune to any damage type.

Strengths will signify unique talents or attributes of a monster such a "Healed by Necromancy" or a new Unique skill (Which will be listed in the NPC Skills list which will hopefully make it's way into the rulebook)

Finally, the Type of a monster will be listed as 1 of 4 categories: Offensive, Defensive, Supportive, or Balanced. Offensive and defensive are pretty self explanatory. Supportive would mean a monster is better off being utilized with others and not very good at surviving or providing a challenge in a stand alone fight. Balanced would mean equal amounts of offensive and defensive capabilities.

With the new changes to rules, the NPCs needed to get updated with them to create a properly challenging game, while not leaving the stats too overpowered for the players. I hope everyone enjoys the new stats and card layout and I can't wait to add more!

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Oren Tenderson (Tormy), Rudolf (Rudolf), Chukklez (Chukklez), Caelvan (Caelvan), Narcis (ChrisR), Annora (Karen), Goggs (coryan), Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Faila (Faila), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.435 seconds