Rules Marshals

12 Mar 2014 17:15 #1 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Rules Marshals was created by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Some people have expressed an interest in becoming a Rules Marshal. It has been a whike since we had a fully staffed Rules Marshal team, so I wanted to refresh people's memories

What does a Rules Marshal do?

1) They keep up with various rule changes.
2) They have a presence online making Rules Calls on players questions.
3) They serve their NPC shift as an on duty Rules Marshal able to go out on Mods to oversee the game play, be called on by a player to handle an in-game activity that requires a marshal.
4) They are 'on-call' during the game to handle above mentioned activities when the on-duty marshal(s) are occupied, and to resolve situations of conflict in general.
5) They assist with card checks to make certain players are properly checking off their skills.
6) Make field calls for rules that may be questionable, then attempt to help fix the way the skill is written after the game.
7) Help with organizing and signing off on clean up at the end of the event.
8) Be a positive example for other players.
9) Assist the Rules Team with making sure the rules are as balanced and well written. Often you will be the first to review our rules, and advocates for rules that need attention.
10) Be willing to sacrifice to make the game as fun as possible for as many people as possible.

If this is something that you are interested in, and are willing to take on the awesome mantle of service for the game, please send me a PM. I will respond to everyone who is interested with a short set of questions. After that I will go through the answers and select a few people to interview.

-OOG Michael Smith
The following user(s) said Thank You: GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Jack (Keeperofdice), Pappy (Quan), Clove (Mark), Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby), Narcis (ChrisR), Rowan Uidhir (Teresa)
14 Mar 2014 11:04 #2 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Replied by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred) on topic Rules Marshals
We got a very good response from the applicants, I have sent out at least fourteen tests for players to fill out and return. I will be ending the 'first wave' of testing Sunday, and reviewing the applicants next week, so if I have sent you a test, please return it by then, if you hope to enter the first round of testing, let me know.

Once we select our first few RMs, we will get the process started and see how many total RMs we will need. At that point we may put out another round of testing, at which time new applicants can apply for testing and former applicants that did not become RMs on the first wave will be welcome to re-start the process. Once we get the RMs up and running at the point we want it to be at, testing will be held once or twice a year for new applicants.

-OOG Michael Smith
16 Mar 2014 22:46 #3 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Replied by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred) on topic Rules Marshals
I am sending out no more tests for this wave. If you have received a test and have not yet returned it, please do so now.

-OOG Michael Smith
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.439 seconds