Land System Actions open for May 1214

21 Apr 2014 20:15 - 21 Apr 2014 20:16 #1 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Land System Actions open for May 1214 was created by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
They are open, and there are some new choices!

Here are the old actions that are still available
  • Public Order Activities that lead to an increase the the lawful operation of a settlement. Guard duty, working in the bureaucracy, bounty hunting known criminals, reporting street crime.
  • Rebuilding Physically rebuilding the buildings damaged due to some calamity or disaster. Also managing those who are doing rebuilding.
  • Cause Mayhem Actions that may lead to a decrease in the lawful nature of a settlement. Be specific in your comments.

And here are some new ones.
  • Tend Wildlands Activities undertaken near a settlement with the intent of keeping the wildlife (plants and animals) healthy, keeping trails (but not roads) safe for travel and ensuring that dangerous situations (sinkholes, landslides, flooding streams) are managed in a nature friendly way.
  • Public Health Keeping the residents of a settlement healthy or returning them to health.
  • Bolster Military Preparing the residents or militia of a settlement for external threats of a military nature.
  • Public Administration Activities that increase the smooth operation of a settlement.
  • Foster Belief Actions that would help the residents of a settlement accept, or believe in, the faith to which your character is baptized. (Not available to those who are not baptized)
  • Promote Science Actions that would help the residents of a settlement accept, or believe in, the power of science and logical thought.
  • Arcane Assistance Actions of an arcane nature that are designed to make other actions easier to accomplish. Please specify the action that you are assisting with. (Example: Using Feather Weight to make Rebuilding easier)
  • Public Education Actions that seek to improve the education level of the residents of a settlement.
  • Promote Trade Actions that result in increase commerce for the settlement. This includes import and export businesses, engaging in your Trade, or simply encouraging others to do business within the settlement.
  • Entertain / Boost Morale Any of a number of activities that will allow the members of the settlement to unwind, relax or experience something to reward the for, or distract them from, a hard days work or a horrible experience.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Also, I will be looking to add some Bonuses based on Professions or Skills to each of these actions. I just haven't gotten there yet. When I do I'll let you all know. Those bonuses will go into effect for the next turn however, so you can make your choice now confident that it won't change before the next event.

Gunnar Gunnarson, Medicine Man
--
OOG: Joe Hines
Former Development Officer
Last edit: 21 Apr 2014 20:16 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
21 Apr 2014 23:29 #2 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Replied by Templar Aldric (Selrik) on topic Land System Actions open for May 1214
Do these still require (for the positive ones) the permission of the Estate ruler?

Templar Aldric
Champion Fisherman of Amanthyre
Prophet of the Holy Light
Templar of Valos

"The sacred writings are quite specific on the subject of killing, but are a bit fuzzier on the topic of kneecaps."

OOG - David McCormick.
21 Apr 2014 23:31 #3 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Replied by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042) on topic Land System Actions open for May 1214
No actions require permission to undertake at this time.

Coordination of actions is highly recommended.

--
22 Apr 2014 07:37 #4 by Edmund Patterson (Edmund)
Replied by Edmund Patterson (Edmund) on topic Land System Actions open for May 1214
Can anyone do these actions still or just those with Civil Service?

If everyone can what is the bonus for Civil Service?

Edmund Patterson
Master of Arms
Master Smith / Artificer
Co-Owner of Anvils and Alchemy
Travance
22 Apr 2014 08:14 #5 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Replied by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042) on topic Land System Actions open for May 1214
Anyone can participate. Civil service will add to how much you accomplish for those actions where bureaucracy helps.

--
22 Apr 2014 08:51 #6 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic Land System Actions open for May 1214
Submitted new under new position. Went well on iPad.

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
  • Andy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 157
23 Apr 2014 14:03 - 23 Apr 2014 19:24 #7 by Andy (Andy)
Replied by Andy (Andy) on topic Land System Actions open for May 1214
Can you elaborate a little more on this system? How does it work? Is it a roll like the previous system and there is potential for extreme failure, failure, success and great success?

Right now its still very manual on my part. How it works is this -- the actions available right now simply work. There is no chance of outright failure, just a magnitude of success and the effect it has on the world. Of course I reserve the right to tell you that your action did NOT work if what you are describing isn't possible. If this happens your action will simply not have occurred and I will give you a reason why.

Will you let us know our outcome?

If you do not hear from me then your action succeeded as you described it.

Does it matter to the system who does what? I know you indicated that anyone can participate, but does it matter to the system if a Barbarian Berserker does Arcane Assistance instead of an Elven Mage? At what point do you step in and say "this doesn't make sense?"

It does matter who does what. There should be enough of a selection now that you can find something that makes sense for your character. Bonuses are applied based on whatever you put into the comment box right now... I am working to automatically apply certain bonuses however.

You indicated Civil Service still plays a part in bureaucracy, but which actions do you consider bureaucratic? Should we indicate having Civil Service in the notes, or do you just know from our card?

For now, please let me know if you have a bonus you think applies. If it makes sense, I'll count it.

What are we allowed to indicate under Specific Target? Is there a list of specific targets? Under the old system we would be able to drop down and select specific units of soldiers and things for specific actions.

Targets are a description of precisely WHAT you want to affect. It could be a building or a subset of citizens (like targeting Gypsies or Valosians) or a type of creature, depends a lot on the action being taken.

What would you like in the comments? I would like to be complete in submitting my action for the turn, but I also don't want to provide you with a ton of extraneous material to read. Is there where we should point your attention to anything we feel may influence our result in a positive manner?

Comments should include a more precise description of what you hope to accomplish or how you are going about it. This is where bonuses should be listed. Please keep this relatively short (2 to 3 sentences is ok)

I understand you're in a bit of a rebuilding phase here, but I just would like to know some more about this portion of the game before I dive in.

Thanks for asking, feel free to ask more if I haven't answered thoroughly enough.
-Andy

-Sir Hurgar
Knight of Pendarvin

-Andy
Rules Marshal
Last edit: 23 Apr 2014 19:24 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042).
23 Apr 2014 14:55 #8 by Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga (Null507)
Replied by Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga (Null507) on topic Land System Actions open for May 1214
Can any caster perform Arcane Assistance for example can I cast Germinate at the Orchard to boost food production and help with Trade?

Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga
Hero of Auralion
Warrior of the White Wolf

- Druid

David Reyes
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
23 Apr 2014 15:19 #9 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic Land System Actions open for May 1214
Yes you can use Germinate with Arcane Assistance targeting an Orchard.

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
23 Apr 2014 19:26 #10 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Arcane Assistance was created because I noticed a lack of actions that would benefit from magic. But like Gus said its ok to use any kind of mystical ability with this action at this time.

--
02 May 2014 23:16 #11 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
/Bump and also I realized that I hadn't said when actions would close.

This month they will close on Friday, May 9th, at around 10 pm.

So get your actions in!

--
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.591 seconds