Status of the Land, May 1214

12 May 2014 21:09 #1 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Status of the Land, May 1214 was created by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Since everyone is now getting personal replies from their Between Game / Land System actions the monthly post I was making will be discontinued. It served its purpose before when I didn't have a means of getting information into each of your hands.

Going forward then you can expect to see results of this system in your email, in sporadic postings and in the rumors that are put out before each game. The response to the new system has been great and more than a few people have come to me with suggestions, feedback and statements of appreciation.

Coming up is the May Event. Land System actions will remain closed until after the weekend portion of the Week in the Life event. At that point I will open up the actions which will include a couple more options (I'll get to those in a minute). The Submit Actions phase of the June 1214 turn will open on Monday, June 2nd and will close slightly less than 2 weeks later on Friday the 13th.

Now, about those new actions.

Businesses will return to the Land System. If you own a business, or work for a business, please get with me to make sure it is set up properly. There will be 3 kinds of actions for businesses.

Business Operations -- Boosts the productivity of the business and reduces operational risks.

Business Operations (Risky) -- Take a business risk that may or may not pay off. If successful the profits could be much greater than normal operations. If unsuccessful there could be a serious loss. Operate at risk too frequently and you could even lose the business.

Business Operations (For the Settlement)-- Operate the business in such a way that the local settlement benefits more than the business does. Generates good will for the business and a bonus to the settlement. Very small profits, no profits or even a slight loss of profits may be occur.

Lastly we will be adding Travel to Kormyre to the system

Travelling by Land to Kormyre
Travelling by Sea to Kormyre

Travel is very slow. This round trip takes almost all of the time between events with very little time left to do anything in Kormyre. At most you could spend 2 or 3 days at your destination before needing to turn around. Destinations would be limited to those near to Travance unless the character plans and extended stay (and thus is missing events). If you wish to travel extensively please put that in the comments section.

At this time the system will not let you travel by class specific powers (like Flight on Divine Wings) but that may come in the future.

Gunnar Gunnarson, Medicine Man
--
OOG: Joe Hines
Former Development Officer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ib (Gannon), Faila (Faila), Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.474 seconds