Bringing own tent questions!

14 May 2014 17:48 #1 by Rhiannon DeVaux (Minnie)
Bringing own tent questions! was created by Rhiannon DeVaux (Minnie)
Hey guys! I wanted to bring my own personal tent for week in the life to stay in, and try to camp out for the event. I have some medical problem that just make it easier/safer to use my own equipment that I know I can completely close off/shut up at night (I have to sleep out of game :( ). If any of that makes sense. I saw that it is ok for people to bring tents on other threads, but I wanted to know if there were any stipulations/rules I should keep in mind? And also make sure this was still ok! I haven't committed 100% to this idea yet, and depending on how I feel, I may still need to drive up and back every day, but I wanted to follow through on this option and at least get some information!

Thanks a bunch!

Minnie

Hugs and puppy kisses!

Minnie B.
  • Rowan Uidhir
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Beans, beans, the musical fruit...
  • Thank Yous: 145
14 May 2014 19:38 #2 by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa)
Replied by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa) on topic Bringing own tent questions!
Read the articles on this part of the website for some information and logistical tips:

www.knightrealms.com/game-play/logistics.html

The main concern that you should keep in mind is atmosphere when you're bringing your own tent. If you end up camping out in a conspicuous area where other players will be immersed in the game and engaging in role-play, it's a good idea not to have a tent that's lime green with hot pink zippers. If your tent might disrupt immersion, then find a more remote location to set up camp. It's encouraged to make your personal living space feel as in-game as possible. Who knows, maybe you'll end up winning the Cabin of the Month Award!

(OOG) Teresa Amore
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
14 May 2014 20:56 #3 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Bringing own tent questions!
Cabins and other sleeping areas may not be entered for combat or theft w/o a Marshal. If you're worried about personal equipment, I would suggest a sign (IG looking) that says "This tent is OOG for medical reasons," ask James to sign it, and post it outside the tent. (Laminate the sign, though... looks like rain this weekend.)

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
14 May 2014 22:12 #4 by Rhiannon DeVaux (Minnie)
Replied by Rhiannon DeVaux (Minnie) on topic Bringing own tent questions!
It's both that I'll have to bring medical equipment stuffs now that are loud (i don't want to disturb other peoples) as well as medications I take at night have some really bad side effects that could make life uncomfortable for other peoples. The inside of the tent for sure would be in game (I am horribly addicted to blankets and pillows in real life, and the whole idea of glam-ping sounds amazing) and I was going to get some brown tarps to cover the outside of the tent, but it is a commercial tent.
Thanks for the advice on the sign!

Hugs and puppy kisses!

Minnie B.
15 May 2014 20:19 #5 by Edmund Patterson (Edmund)
Replied by Edmund Patterson (Edmund) on topic Bringing own tent questions!
Depending on the size of the tent and where you plan on setting up, you could consider setting up your modern tent inside one of the camp tents on a platform. This way it is hidden and you can have the privacy of a sleep cave :-)

Bear in mind that may be good for a month or 2 until the warmer weather arrives and people will need the tent spaces to sleep also.

Just a thought.

Edmund Patterson
Master of Arms
Master Smith / Artificer
Co-Owner of Anvils and Alchemy
Travance
16 May 2014 10:22 #6 by Ehlenathelasa Blacktree (ehlena)
Replied by Ehlenathelasa Blacktree (ehlena) on topic Bringing own tent questions!
If you're worried about the OOG noise bothering people, maybe you can set up at my campsite. It's pretty large, and set back away from where anyone can hear anything, but still within sight of the inn. Find me Friday afternoon and we can talk.

All hunters die. But not today.

OOG Jenna L.
Main: Ehlenathelasa Blacktree
Alt: Hazar Bint Sha'Haban
Alt: Erim Walker [Retired]
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.572 seconds