Land System Actions open for June 1214

01 Jun 2014 20:05 #1 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Land System Actions open for June 1214 was created by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Welcome back from the long feast. Land System actions are open now and will close again on Friday the 13th of June sometime after 10 PM.

One new feature for everyone this month. When you submit your actions there is a new checkbox that says 'Make this action my default action'. Here is what that means

The Default Action will be what your character does if you forget to submit an action in any given month. Life is busy, not everyone remembers to log in between games, but our characters live on between events anyway. By selecting a default action you will be sure to always help out your land even if you forget to log in.

In the event that you have multiple action points this is how it will work... If you submit ANY Land System Actions the Default Actions are completely ignored. If you submit NO Land System Actions the Default ones will be used in total.

There are a couple of restrictions on this:

1) Cause Mayhem is OFF LIMITS for Default Actions. Even though the system will currently let you save that as your default action I will not process Cause Mayhem actions that are saved as Default Actions. If you are going to Cause Mayhem you MUST log in and submit it every month.
2) Risky Business actions are OFF LIMITS as well. If you want to run your business in a Risky Manner, please log in every month.
3) Anything new that comes up that carries a chance of repercussions will also be OFF LIMITS for Default Actions in the future.
4) Currently the UI will let you save basically an unlimited number of saved actions. Please Delete the ones you don't want (I provided a handy button) so that I don't get confused. If I see too many Default Actions for a character I will simply process NONE of them. (Though I will try to contact you first... however my window for processing actions is only a couple of days so please don't make me do that)

As always if you find a bug with the update, please contact me through my official email

Gunnar Gunnarson, Medicine Man
--
OOG: Joe Hines
Former Development Officer
The following user(s) said Thank You: GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Gilthu (Gilthu)
08 Jun 2014 21:51 #2 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Replied by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042) on topic Land System Actions open for June 1214
And another thing --

If you have the skill Civil Service you will now notice that you get an additional Action Point as of this moment. Yes, this means that you might want to log back in to take a second action. How does this work out? Basically the skill Civil Service allows you the ability to do your actions more efficiently but with the same effectiveness.

So, by day you might be dealing with your personal business affairs, very efficiently, and by night you might be volunteering to help treat wounded soldiers.

LIMITATIONS:
-- All of your actions must occur in a SINGLE SETTLEMENT.
-- Actions that involve Travelling will consume all of your points (though the system doesn't quite do this yet, it will at some point)
-- If you want to Double Up on an action, please select it twice. Explain how they are different in the comments.

At this point you will probably get a separate email for each action, I'll see if I can fix that at some point.

As always, questions or bug reports, please let me know.

Gunnar Gunnarson, Medicine Man
--
OOG: Joe Hines
Former Development Officer
The following user(s) said Thank You: GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Aleister (Aleister), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Clove (Mark), Belegchand (mcalo), JTinney (Swordsaint), Croínamara (Jen)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.511 seconds