For the Safety of all Players-June Event

16 Jun 2014 22:27 #1 by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin)
For the Safety of all Players-June Event was created by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin)
Hello Knight Realms Players,

This weekend looks pretty good as far as weather goes but with a small amount of preparation, we can make this a safe weekend for everyone. Last month's problem was insects, especially spiders and ticks. I suggest that everyone bring insect repellant or try and borrow some and make sure you are protected. If anyone carries Epi-Pen, please have it on your person at all times in case it needs to be utilized. As a strictly voluntary option, you can PM me to let me know that you carry it so if I know you have been bitten, you may need assistance using it. Be advised, do not use Epi-Pen(or any other prescription medication for that matter) on anyone else.

I have some of my assistants making posts here offering advice on matters of safety and health. If there are any questions, please PM me. During an event, my contact information will be available in logistics as well as phone numbers of other safety marshals. My phone is always on and turned up to LOUD. Please call me should you have any problem. Program my number into your phone, 215-870-6452 and don't be afraid to call.

I look forward to seeing everyone this weekend!

Lord Ardin Silverbow
Lord of Pendarvin

"While others succumb, we overcome."
-Silverbow Motto

OOG: Norm B
Safety Deputy

"When I think of the greatness of my job and realize that I am what I am, I am amazed, but on reflection, who is as good as I am? I know of no one."
-George Patton(I wish Ardin had said this first)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gwynedd (Gwynedd), Jenn (JennF), JTinney (Swordsaint), Croínamara (Jen), Annora (Karen), Gilthu (Gilthu), Peonia Smut'yan Silverfang (Yaya), Goggs (coryan), Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • Kleidin
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 152
17 Jun 2014 16:59 #2 by Kleidin (Kleidin)
Replied by Kleidin (Kleidin) on topic For the Safety of all Players-June Event
Per Mark (Clove) 's post earlier - I advise people get tea tree oil soap and shampoo to force the bugs away. It really works.

Lady Kleidin du Tenkukai Weaveforger Laurent-Belmont of Kaladonia
Master Witch Hunter, and Elder Druid
OOG: Diane Sodher
The following user(s) said Thank You: Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin), Rowan Uidhir (Teresa)
  • Laura
  • What What What are you doing?
  • Thank Yous: 73
18 Jun 2014 00:44 #3 by Laura (Laura)
Replied by Laura (Laura) on topic For the Safety of all Players-June Event
The soap Mark is talking about is called Fungasoap, you can buy it from a company called Pedifix.

No lie, since I started using it two years ago, I have come home with 0 ticks and very few mosquito bites after using this and a light coating of Deep Woods Off. It is seriously the best thing I can recommend to keep bugs off of you.

Kressara Skytte

Alt: Jinx Kainen

*OOG*
Laura Wernsdorfer
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
18 Jun 2014 08:38 #4 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic For the Safety of all Players-June Event
Every month, the day before the Event, I spray the beds, roof and wall junctions, and the latrine for yellow jackets and spiders. The results have been positive.

I also provide disinfectant wipes (Lysol or = spray will work) for the bed pads/mattresses. I urge all to avail themselves of this easy precaution.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
18 Jun 2014 12:13 #5 by Keith_Stratton (Keith_Stratton)
Replied by Keith_Stratton (Keith_Stratton) on topic For the Safety of all Players-June Event
Sawyer Maxi-Deet: active ingredient 98.1% deet. Georgia tested, Keith approved.

Cyric McKraegar
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.493 seconds