Miscommunication: Photographer NO SHOW at the Ball :-(

27 Oct 2014 15:31 #1 by Image Wizard (Image Wizard)
Miscommunication: Photographer NO SHOW at the Ball :-( was created by Image Wizard (Image Wizard)
:ohmy: :woohoo:

Yes ... That would be me .. the guy who usually sets up with lights and flashy things from the future at the far end of the Buffet line on the other side of a black curtain (or the curtained off corner at the monthly game) :unsure:

I'm quite upset about it and really sorry I wasn't there for multiple reasons not the least of which it was a significant milestone/anniversary (5yr) in my association with KR. My first awareness of KR was at the "November" Ball 2010 after James had invited me to check it out upon several discussions we'd had about various possibilities following the Philadelphia VGA show where we met earlier that year.

SO ... Here's what happened !! :S
For the past 4 years the Ball has always been in "NOVEMBER" and basically became cemented in my sub-concious as such. You may logically ask, Why didn't I see it otherwise posted in the Forums here ? Fair enough, but my reality is I rarely am on the site if not to occasionally see which images James has put up from the approximately 300 or so I give him each month.

I'll go to the Events page once or twice a year to slate the dates for the weekend game or any single day event. The last time I did this the Ball wasn't slated yet and of course my natural assumption was James hadn't figured out which Saturday in NOVEMBER he wanted to use yet and figured I'd hear about it or check later in the year for the date.Well ... Silly me ... I didn't check until 2 weeks after the Oct event, a week after the Ball of coarse :( To say I was Surprised AND Upset, is an understatement. I had assumed it was in November and James likewise assumed I knew of the October date and nobody had reason to think otherwise or mention a change to me.

Without question, I apologize profusely to all who wanted to have their costume photographed that night. Obviously I'm more than happy to do so if you would like to bring it with you to the next event this weekend. Also, if it was out of the norm from what you are usually attired as, I'm sure James would like to have a record of it. You can email me () to let me know or just show up in my normal curtained corner :-) Fri eve or any time Saturday.

Once again, my sincere apologies to all. It was an honest mistake all around with nobody to blame and I promise it will never happen again.

Thank you,
Kyle Ober
www.kyleober.com

•• PS: I almost always have my hard drive w/me if people want to see the images james chose not to post (it would be too many for the site) or those from past events (5 years worth)
27 Oct 2014 16:17 #2 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic Miscommunication: Photographer NO SHOW at the Ball :-(
I missed out too Kyle with so many other October events. I know you have been missed recently. Good to know you are ok. Hugs

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
29 Oct 2014 00:28 #3 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic Miscommunication: Photographer NO SHOW at the Ball :-(
Apologies on my end as well! As Kyle said, feel free to bring your gown/mask to the upcoming event if you'd like have a photo shoot! ;)

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.439 seconds