Land System Expectations

28 Oct 2014 23:46 #1 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Land System Expectations was created by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
I just wanted to reach out real quick to level set the expectations for the Land System.

Knight Realms is a LARP and the focus of the LARP should be on the Live Action portions as well as the Role Play portions. We get together for the weekends to do those things. We also use Private Messages and the Forums to do some Role Play between events. But our characters don't just disappear then. They go back to their homes and some of them work jobs. Others do guard duty or go hunting for food. Still others might hop on a boat for a quick trip somewhere not very far away, or very far away depending on how soon they plan to return.

The Land System is one way to build a small piece of background for your character between events. To bring back a story to help fill in the details of "what did you do last week?" kind of questions that might come up in RP at events or in Private Messages.

The Land System is also a way for Lands to work together accomplishing some common goals. To give the Lords and Knights a place to govern.

And occasionally the Land System will be used to drop hints for Plot purposes or to help play out the repercussions of some Plot thing gone horribly wrong (or horribly right).

Generally speaking though Plots will not be solved in the Land System.
Generally speaking PvP or even PC to PC roleplaying won't be happening in the Land System.

It is not designed for that. It is not good for that and quite frankly that is what the Live games are for.

As a rule of thumb think about the Land System actions like your daily job or your week in the life. These are not the heroic moments, these are the simple moments. No rules adjudication is done, no skills are required or allowed. Your Land System Actions should survive on their own.

They should not require a response to make sense.

"I go to work" -- "yes you do" ... that is the expected kind of response.
"I go to work" -- "you die on the road home" ... probably will never happen
"I go to work" -- "while you are at work a man comes up to you with some information about your father" ... well ... this could happen, but it should not be expected.

As always if you have any questions please email us at Either I or one of the Land System Marshals will get back to you in a semi-reasonable time frame.

I am also considering hosting a live talk through Skype or something like that if there is interest to talk through how the system works and answer questions that people might have. If you are interested in a live chat kind of thing like that please send me a PM to let me know. I would most likely host that on a Monday or Wednesday night.

Gunnar Gunnarson, Medicine Man
--
OOG: Joe Hines
Former Development Officer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin), Tyros (Tyros), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Sindarion (Steven SA), Kirsten (Lotano), Croínamara (Jen), Gilthu (Gilthu), Rowan Uidhir (Teresa), Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
29 Oct 2014 09:50 #2 by Croínamara (Jen)
Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic Land System Expectations
Thanks for everything you do, guys!

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
29 Oct 2014 16:34 #3 by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
Replied by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix) on topic Land System Expectations
Thanks for not killing me on my way home from work.

-Alexandre Blythewood

OOG: Zach Theis
The following user(s) said Thank You: GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Annora (Karen), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
29 Oct 2014 16:43 - 29 Oct 2014 16:44 #4 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic Land System Expectations
One thing you forgot... You may expect sometimes a land system action to be answered with a wry sense of humor. It's made me giggle in public more than twice now.

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
Last edit: 29 Oct 2014 16:44 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
30 Oct 2014 09:58 #5 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Replied by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042) on topic Land System Expectations

Birgitta Drexel wrote: One thing you forgot... You may expect sometimes a land system action to be answered with a wry sense of humor. It's made me giggle in public more than twice now.

The team does try to entertain. Glad to hear we succeed occasionally

Gunnar Gunnarson, Medicine Man
--
OOG: Joe Hines
Former Development Officer
  • Gilthu
  • Thank Yous: 8
30 Oct 2014 17:33 #6 by Gilthu (Gilthu)
Replied by Gilthu (Gilthu) on topic Land System Expectations
You guys are great, and the fact that you manage to do this in your free time is amazing! Thank you for all the work you guys do to breathe life into our communal delusion... Mirage? Psychosis? Anyway thank you so much!

~Gilthu
Elder Druid
Verdant of Ostcliff
"Something something nature, something something Arawyn, something something destiny"

OOG: Phill Uhlig
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.526 seconds