Quick question about the errata regarding master professions

13 Nov 2014 21:18 #1 by Illyrin Soral (Gaeth)

A qualifying skill is any skill that can be purchased from a regular Profession or Master Profession that you have and that is associated with the Master Profession. Each regular Profession is only associated with one Master Profession and each Master Profession is associated with addition purchases of itself.

Does this mean that any and all purchases from a list with an associated master profession will be counted towards that profession?

For example: Cleric is associated with Master Warrior. Do purchases of prayers from Cleric also count towards Master Warrior and not, say, Arch Caster? From how it is worded, I would expect this to be the case, but wanted to make sure.

Brother Illyrin Soral
Seeker of the Veiled Truths
---

Archibald Blackmoore,
Monster Hunter Extraordinaire

OOG: Galen F, "The Frozen"
13 Nov 2014 21:20 #2 by Illyrin Soral (Gaeth)
Replied by Illyrin Soral (Gaeth) on topic Quick question about the errata regarding master professions
Also, I would assume that build spent on opening a list does not count towards a master prof, correct?

Brother Illyrin Soral
Seeker of the Veiled Truths
---

Archibald Blackmoore,
Monster Hunter Extraordinaire

OOG: Galen F, "The Frozen"
14 Nov 2014 00:23 #3 by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
Replied by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix) on topic Quick question about the errata regarding master professions
You are correct that build spent towards prayers on Cleric count towards Master Warrior. If you were a Cleric and a Priest, you could count them towards either Master Warrior or Arch Caster, but not both.

-Alexandre Blythewood

OOG: Zach Theis
14 Nov 2014 07:06 #4 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Replied by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042) on topic Quick question about the errata regarding master professions
Build spent to open a list counts as build spent on that list.

Gunnar Gunnarson, Medicine Man
--
OOG: Joe Hines
Former Development Officer
  • Maveith
  • Thank Yous: 4
17 Nov 2014 08:53 #5 by Maveith (Maveith)
Replied by Maveith (Maveith) on topic Quick question about the errata regarding master professions
I was curious as to how racial lists were counted in.

"Death is my brother. I do not fear him. I see him in the eyes of the men and beasts that I kill. I feel him travelling beside me to this land. He will take me to meet the ancestors when I am ready, and I am not ready."

OOG - Richard Landes
17 Nov 2014 15:48 #6 by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
Replied by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix) on topic Quick question about the errata regarding master professions
They aren't. Build spent on racial skills don't count towards any master list.

-Alexandre Blythewood

OOG: Zach Theis
  • Maveith
  • Thank Yous: 4
17 Nov 2014 16:17 #7 by Maveith (Maveith)
Replied by Maveith (Maveith) on topic Quick question about the errata regarding master professions
That is what i thought. Thanks for the clear up.

"Death is my brother. I do not fear him. I see him in the eyes of the men and beasts that I kill. I feel him travelling beside me to this land. He will take me to meet the ancestors when I am ready, and I am not ready."

OOG - Richard Landes
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.586 seconds