Extra Construction Supplies

• Amilia Tolunda
  • Artist, Writer, Gamer
  • Thank Yous: 97
04 Mar 2015 17:45 - 05 Mar 2015 20:49 #1 by Amilia Tolunda (AmyTenchi)
Extra Construction Supplies was created by Amilia Tolunda (AmyTenchi)
Exactly what it sounds like.

I'm doing some home construction, and between friends and contractors, it looks like we're going to have some things leftover. We're still mid constructing, so I can't promise the amount of leftovers, or what condition some of it is in, but if its good enough to salvage, I figured I would offer the usable parts to anyone who thinks they can recycle them before sending them into a landfill somewhere.

We're getting sheetrock put up, which means there are going to be residual pieces (where large windows, doors, etc. were cut) They would be of usable size for covering spaces like rafters (if anyone wants them covered in the cabins), or replacing anything that happened to get water damaged in the winter. I can't imagine any pieces will be larger than 2x6 in full size, but someone may find them usable. Depending on how much we use from the 5 gallon bucket, there will be spackle.

I have 1/4in paneling that has been removed and a good chunk is being chopped into firewood-sized pieces. Though I will not be at the early March event, I will be at the late March event (alt event). If there is storage space somewhere, it can likely be used as firepit firewood. It does NOT appear to be pressure treated, and most of it seems to have paint on one side. I would still not burn it inside or in an enclosed space. I would need someones expert opinion before using it as well, as I'm sure they can identify if it is more dangerous than it looks.

Once (or if) spring arrives, I have a plethora of extra patio stones in rust, reddish gray, and neutral gray stone. The reddish-gray is a mish-mosh of square and rectangular shaped stones that was used on the facing of my parent's home. There isn't much of it, and they are textured on one side. The rust and neutral gray however were used as patio stone, and there is a plethora of square and rectangular shapes, flat on all sides (the top is slightly decoratively curved). Since its under 2ft of snow, I can't exactly determine how much is of each color right now, just that it exists. Whatever does not become part of my new-ish patio would work great as stepping stones in areas that dirt tends to wash away.
-Claimed by Katie M, and Leslie M

I also may (but not just yet, I kind of need to keep them so people don't get into the house), have a door or two. Not great quality, looks like 1-2in thick in cheap wood with a diamond shaped window, but I do recall Kaladonia suffering a door problem...Might not be bad to have an extra on hand when the time comes for disposal.

If anything catches anyone's eye, feel free to respond and I'll make sure to hold onto everything I find that could possibly be usable come this spring. I have a 12x12 shed, there is PLENTY of storage for the winter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amilia Tolunda - Romani - Healer
Aimee "Whisper" Whisperleaf - Dryad - Druid - Bard
Maive Lusterwryn - Londwyn - Alchemist

OOG: Julie Anne B
Last edit: 05 Mar 2015 20:49 by Amilia Tolunda (AmyTenchi).
05 Mar 2015 00:11 #2 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic Extra Construction Supplies
I would always love the stone!

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
  • Amilia Tolunda
  • Artist, Writer, Gamer
  • Thank Yous: 97
05 Mar 2015 08:37 #3 by Amilia Tolunda (AmyTenchi)
Replied by Amilia Tolunda (AmyTenchi) on topic Extra Construction Supplies
I'll bring up all the stone I can carry when the world thaws (likely in April/May), its a very popular item :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amilia Tolunda - Romani - Healer
Aimee "Whisper" Whisperleaf - Dryad - Druid - Bard
Maive Lusterwryn - Londwyn - Alchemist

OOG: Julie Anne B
The following user(s) said Thank You: Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.529 seconds