Welcome to the new Knight Realms website!

• GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
29 Jul 2015 20:36 #1 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Welcome to the new Knight Realms website! was created by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
I wanted to thank the Staff & Community of Knight Realms for their support and patience as I worked on this over the past two years. The reason for the abnormal length of time was waiting for a key piece of technology we use (the Forums) to become mobile friendly, but I think the wait was worth it. Thanks are also due to the people who helped test the new layout and suggest changes to help improve it, and the artists who helped contribute to the new Profile Banners.

Aside from the new overall look, the following improvements have been made:
  • Web-Friendly fonts that will show up properly on any device, even if the fonts are not installed on your computer or device.
  • Overall speed, rendering, and other enhancements to make the site more responsive and faster.
  • A new Mobile friendly template, eliminating the need for a separate mobile layout that is both slow and buggy.

The last bit is a big change - it will mean that any feature available on the "regular" site will also be on the mobile version, including the full functionality of the Forums, without sacrificing any of the look, atmosphere, etc. of the site. In fact, it's literally the same template - if your screen or window is under 1200 pixels wide, it will simply rearrange itself rather than try to cram things in. (You can have endless fun stretching & shrinking your browser window to see it change...)

Tapatalk has been dropped from the site - with the new template in place, there is no reason to keep it any more in light of the overhead and issues it brought with it.

The Card System has already been updated to match with the same fonts and layout, as has the KR Tumblr page. The ST website will be updated to match the main site shortly after the August event, so as not to disrupt the ST Team.

I am sure there will be a few things I need to fix - please see the post in the Off-Topic boards to report them, and I will address them as I am able (after this weekend). For issues with the site content itself, please contact JP, our Technical Officer.

Fan Art and Profile Banners are always accepted - if you'd like to contribute, please drop a line to JP at and we'll make sure your set to contribute.

I am very happy and proud to make this the crowning achievement of my time at Knight Realms as a (former) Staff member - the Knight Realms community is what inspires and fuels me to do this.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Shiver (Shiver), Tyros (Tyros), Tsoli (Tsoli), Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell), Rudolf (Rudolf), Dennis Brand (Devin), Angeliana (Angeliana), Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042), Faila (Faila), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Brian T. (Renthios)
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
29 Jul 2015 20:36 #2 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Welcome to the new Knight Realms website!
I am still tweaking a few things (mostly the User Profile stuff), but wanted to get the site back online ASAP so people could log back in and use the site.

Steward of Elvalion
29 Jul 2015 20:42 #3 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Replied by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042) on topic Welcome to the new Knight Realms website!
It looks amazing. I want to cycle through all of the banners now!

Gunnar Gunnarson, Medicine Man
--
OOG: Joe Hines
Former Development Officer
  • Kleidin
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 152
29 Jul 2015 21:20 #4 by Kleidin (Kleidin)
Replied by Kleidin (Kleidin) on topic Welcome to the new Knight Realms website!
dates for family event and september need to be corrected

Lady Kleidin du Tenkukai Weaveforger Laurent-Belmont of Kaladonia
Master Witch Hunter, and Elder Druid
OOG: Diane Sodher
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
29 Jul 2015 21:32 - 29 Jul 2015 21:35 #5 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Welcome to the new Knight Realms website!
Dates have been updated.

A post for reporting issues is here:

www.knightrealms.com/forum/Off-Topic/822...e-problems-here.html

I am going to take a break from staring at code for a bit, and will return in a bit to correct any issues that are reported and to fine-tune things.

Steward of Elvalion
Last edit: 29 Jul 2015 21:35 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller).
  • Wili
  • Thank Yous: 206
01 Aug 2015 16:13 #6 by Wili ()
Replied by Wili () on topic Welcome to the new Knight Realms website!
IT'S SO PRETTY!!!!!!

P.S- You're awesome.

Wilindé Aläciel
AKA Wili
Blackbird Manager Extraordinaire

OOG-Kelley Commeford
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.533 seconds