Race Conversion Process Open Now through December 2015

31 Jul 2015 23:54 #1 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Race Conversion Process Open Now through December 2015 was created by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Now that the new race rules are live you are free to convert your character to the new races between now and the end of the year.

How? Simple. Log into the card system and look at your character card. There is a linked called "Race Rewrite" at the top of the page. Click that. It will take you to a screen that will automatically detect your new race an which old racial skills you need to unlearn.

If you want to change race from the one selected please click on the "Select a Different Race" button. It will give you the full list to choose from.

Then simply enter the quantity of replacement skills you want and click "Submit Proposal". A few days later one of the Card Marshals will be looking through the list of submitted proposals and will accept it. If there is a question they may reach out to you via email or other social media methods if they have the means.

If you do not like your proposed rewrite there is a Delete Proposal button which will remove your proposal and prevent its accidental acceptance.

A couple of notes:

-- it is possible to wind up with negative build as a result of this conversion. If this happens you will simply have to wait until you have earned to positive build before you can buy more skills or you can unlearn other things if you want to adjust back to a positive unspent build total. We are ok with you running on negative build for a few events if it means you get the Racial Skill that you really want now.

-- after December rolls around we will automatically convert any PC over to the new rules. We will NOT buy any skills for you but we WILL give you the racial detriment. Please take the time between now and December to convert over.

-- if you have any special situations about your conversion, please reach out to me or to Mike Smith and we will help you figure out your situation and help you get rewritten.

Gunnar Gunnarson, Medicine Man
--
OOG: Joe Hines
Former Development Officer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kleidin (Kleidin), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
01 Aug 2015 08:01 #2 by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks)
Replied by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks) on topic Race Conversion Process Open Now through December 2015
I'm not going to be switching right away, but I wanted to point out an error I just found.

When looking at the Race Rewrite for my Londwyn, it doesn't give my Academic Lore as an option to unlearn, even though we'll be getting it as part of our new racial package. I realize that this skill is different for every Londwyn (and since a few of us are Scholars there might even be more than one), but I just wanted to make you aware of it.

In Service to Travance
Ser Winks Sharpthorn, The Resolute
Knight of Drega'Mire
Soul-Blade of Galladel

Alt: William Sterling
Chief Mechanic of the Kormyrian Sky Flotilla
Lead Engineer of the Travancian Railroad

OOG: Walter Soto
Marshal
Cannon Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
01 Aug 2015 08:30 - 01 Aug 2015 08:46 #3 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Replied by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042) on topic Race Conversion Process Open Now through December 2015
There are bound to be bugs since this is new code and there are many permutations of characters.

[strike]I just found a bug on my own. If you have a racial skill that requires you to select an option (like Cantrip) that is currently not functional. I'll be working to fix that and I will let everyone know. So if you are a High Elf for example, please hold off for now.[/strike]

Fixed the bug with Cantrips.

--
Last edit: 01 Aug 2015 08:46 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042).
  • Dorn
  • Thank Yous: 45
04 Aug 2015 15:46 - 04 Aug 2015 15:47 #4 by Dorn (Aradiel)
Replied by Dorn (Aradiel) on topic Race Conversion Process Open Now through December 2015
For dwarf does not give the option to rebuy our free Trade option.

xoxoxox

Dorn Marblecarver

-Killer of goblins and Trolls....the filthy gits-

(Jeff Mclean)
Last edit: 04 Aug 2015 15:47 by Dorn (Aradiel).
04 Aug 2015 17:51 #5 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Replied by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042) on topic Race Conversion Process Open Now through December 2015
Thanks for finding that bug Jeff -- I am pretty sure I know why it is there, I may try to correct that tonight.

--
  • Dennis Brand
  • Treason or revolution? That depends on the victor.
  • Thank Yous: 72
04 Aug 2015 18:20 #6 by Dennis Brand (Devin)
Replied by Dennis Brand (Devin) on topic Race Conversion Process Open Now through December 2015
For Romani, it's not letting me choose either of the Way of the Wanderer skills (Detect or Luxury).

ig: Dennis Brand | oog: Devin G., marshal
04 Aug 2015 19:43 #7 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)

Dennis Brand wrote: For Romani, it's not letting me choose either of the Way of the Wanderer skills (Detect or Luxury).

Detect is a skill that you get to choose at the time of using it.

Luxury is an oversight -- you should be able to pick a type for that. For now don't worry about that, if you get a Trade Proficiency Luxury you can pick the type there and it will be fine.

--
  • Swyft
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
  • Thank Yous: 339
04 Aug 2015 20:13 #8 by Swyft (agentswift)
Replied by Swyft (agentswift) on topic Race Conversion Process Open Now through December 2015
Do kitiera/namierrans lose access to Tumble?
Do they no longer have a weakness of double damage from fire?

Dame Swyft T. Glitterfang-Johnson-Ludwig
-Knight of Corvancia
- Carnifex of Aguara
- Designer of Stonefall Couture: "Because you're never too bad to look good!"

(OOG: Renée Day)
04 Aug 2015 21:52 #9 by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin)
Replied by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin) on topic Race Conversion Process Open Now through December 2015
Yes to both questions.

Lord Ardin Silverbow
Lord of Pendarvin

"While others succumb, we overcome."
-Silverbow Motto

OOG: Norm B
Safety Deputy

"When I think of the greatness of my job and realize that I am what I am, I am amazed, but on reflection, who is as good as I am? I know of no one."
-George Patton(I wish Ardin had said this first)
  • Ib
  • Thank Yous: 37
04 Aug 2015 22:11 #10 by Ib (Gannon)

Gunnar Gunnarson wrote:

Dennis Brand wrote: For Romani, it's not letting me choose either of the Way of the Wanderer skills (Detect or Luxury).

Detect is a skill that you get to choose at the time of using it.

So Romani effectively have a detect all sources since they choose the source at the time of use, and it's continuous?

Ib Flett
Asbjorn Vigdisson

OOC - Gannon Shanley
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
07 Aug 2015 10:03 #11 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Let us try to keep rules questions to the rules board threads and conversion questions to this thread.

So Romani effectively have a detect all sources since they choose the source at the time of use, and it's continuous?

Yes

--
07 Aug 2015 10:07 #12 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
August Event Race Rewrite Cutoff

If you want to convert your character's race over to the new rules to be effective for the August Event you must get your conversion proposal in by the end of the day Sunday August 9th.

--
  • Imrahil
  • I hear, and I forget; I see, and I remember; I do, and I understand.
  • Thank Yous: 216
07 Aug 2015 13:04 #13 by Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
Replied by Imrahil (Brendan Barrett) on topic Race Conversion Process Open Now through December 2015
Which would be most expedient if one wishes to unlearn skill(s) to help pay for the conversion; at sign in, or appealing to a card marshal between events?

Imrahil

-Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

(Amos Oberjonois - Trapper and Spirit Speaker)

OOG - Brendan Barrett
Kitchen marshal
  • Rowan Uidhir
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Beans, beans, the musical fruit...
  • Thank Yous: 145
07 Aug 2015 13:24 #14 by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa)
Replied by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa) on topic Race Conversion Process Open Now through December 2015
Halfling bug I found...
Though it is a free skill under the old race rules, Trade: Cook does not appear in the Learning New list. Any Trade Proficiencies a player has associated with this skill also do not appear on the Unlearned From Old list.

(OOG) Teresa Amore
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea)
07 Aug 2015 13:43 #15 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)

Brendan Barrett wrote: Which would be most expedient if one wishes to unlearn skill(s) to help pay for the conversion; at sign in, or appealing to a card marshal between events?

Either option would be fine. You can also message me for this case.

--
The following user(s) said Thank You: Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
07 Aug 2015 13:45 - 07 Aug 2015 13:45 #16 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)

Rowan Uidhir wrote: Halfling bug I found...
Though it is a free skill under the old race rules, Trade: Cook does not appear in the Learning New list. Any Trade Proficiencies a player has associated with this skill also do not appear on the Unlearned From Old list.

Trade Proficiency is not a "racial" skill so it wouldn't show up to unlearn. If this situation applies to you let me know and I can fix it manually for now after you are forced to unlearn it I can put it back on your card from commoner, or unlearn the trade proficiencies if you prefer that.

--
Last edit: 07 Aug 2015 13:45 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042).
20 Aug 2015 23:03 #17 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Family Friendly Festival Race Rewrite Cutoff is Monday night.

--
  • Kardin
  • The Blackjaw
  • Thank Yous: 121
23 Aug 2015 12:32 #18 by Kardin (Ben)
Just two quick questions about the conversion tool.

1. When listing skills from the new Barbarian list I see that you can get different quantities of skills. Is that possible, because I thought racials could only be acquired once?

2. There is an option to get Kormyrian Assimilation and Magic Intolerance. Am I supposed to just put a "1" next to the option that I'm going for? Like if I'm alright with the detriments I just selected 1 quantity for Magic Intolerance and leave Assimilation at 0?

Kardin Armister of the Hiolangorn || Shield of the North
Vassal to Lord Aleister Tartaros of Drega'mire
Iron Centurion of Palindor

============
OOG:
Ben F.
============
"Never get discouraged. People may punish you for every good thing you'll ever do, but you only fail if they get you to stop. Your actions can mend a heart, save a Light, or topple the mightiest foe."
23 Aug 2015 15:23 #19 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
The racial skill quantity boxes won't actually let you put in a number higher than 1. The quantity box is there for those other skills that you might be able to learn from a list, like Tolerance for Coast Haveners who also happen to have Swashbuckler.

You only need Magic Intolerance OR Kormyrian Assimilation. Put a 1 in the one you want, leave the other at zero.

--
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kleidin (Kleidin), Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
  • Kleidin
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 152
23 Aug 2015 16:12 - 23 Aug 2015 16:14 #20 by Kleidin (Kleidin)
Replied by Kleidin (Kleidin) on topic Race Conversion Process Open Now through December 2015
for Selendrian - lore forest is listed as part of Nature's heritage, but is lested to have to pay an additional build on respend screen. Bow is also listed to rebuy for 2

BTW, bow prof for 4, becomes not repurchase for 6, it will cost me, and most archers 18

Lady Kleidin du Tenkukai Weaveforger Laurent-Belmont of Kaladonia
Master Witch Hunter, and Elder Druid
OOG: Diane Sodher
Last edit: 23 Aug 2015 16:14 by Kleidin (Kleidin). Reason: add info
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
23 Aug 2015 16:20 - 23 Aug 2015 16:21 #21 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Race Conversion Process Open Now through December 2015
Diane, this happened with me and was explained.

Lore: Forest is on Druid, therefore if you didn't want to get Nature's Heritage, you can purchase it off Druid.
Bow is 2 on Archer, so no Nature's Heritage, you can purchase Bow off Archer.
Bow Prof wouldn't turn to 6 unless you didn't have >6 profs already. Since Bow Prof turns into a standard Bow Prof and not a benefit for being Selendrian.

If you are getting Nature's Heritage, you don't need to purchase Bow for 2 or Lore:Forest since they are part of Nature's Heritage.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
Last edit: 23 Aug 2015 16:21 by Caelvan (Caelvan).
23 Aug 2015 16:24 #22 by Daniel McKraegar (Daniel McKraegar)
Replied by Daniel McKraegar (Daniel McKraegar) on topic Race Conversion Process Open Now through December 2015
What Conor has posted is correct.

Jason Michaeli

Sir Daniel McKraegar
Knight of Kaladonia
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042), Sannyiah Amarie Na (Syn)
23 Aug 2015 20:01 #23 by Ezequiel Cantor (hectorwatts03)
Replied by Ezequiel Cantor (hectorwatts03) on topic Race Conversion Process Open Now through December 2015
I think in the case of me, there may be an error. I know I am a Kormyrian, so this would have minimal effect on me, but I do not see that option to convert to the new system. Just though I should point that out in case I happen to not be the only one affected by it.

"Once upon a time there was a man who died. The less said the better."

IC: Ezequiel Cantor - A "Physician." Nothing more. Nothing less
OOC: Jason C.
  • Arden
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • The ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and freighted with the memories and the dreams of time.
  • Thank Yous: 163
23 Aug 2015 21:16 - 23 Aug 2015 21:17 #24 by Arden (Shelby)
Replied by Arden (Shelby) on topic Race Conversion Process Open Now through December 2015
It looks like you're already a new Kormyrian in the system and have the option to buy the new racial, so no need to convert in your case.

OOG: Shelby M Briar [She/They]
Last edit: 23 Aug 2015 21:17 by Arden (Shelby).
04 Dec 2015 07:17 #25 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
It is December. This is your final reminder to submit race changes before they are done for you automatically.

All race changes must be done before December 25th. In the last week of the year I will review and apply all Race Changes and then I will automatically transition everyone who did not convert per the original post in this thread.

--
The following user(s) said Thank You: Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.836 seconds