Deflect, Parry and Resilience Conversion Process

31 Jul 2015 23:58 #1 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Deflect, Parry and Resilience Conversion Process was created by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
This weekend I will be converting all character cards over to the new Deflect Standard.

This will be automatic and will not require any work on your part.

This may cause some people to wind up with negative unspent build totals. This is going to be OK. You can either wait until you have earned enough build to be positive again before learning more skills or you can decide to unlearn multiple deflects to get back to positive unspent build territory.

For the next few months Unlearning Deflects will NOT count towards the max of 10 build worth of skills for unlearning if you are in the situation of being at negative unspent build.

A note about ITEMS that have Parry and Resilience skills in them. These Items will need to be looked at to be converted. Please talk to Mike Smith about this and he will help you get your Parry and Resilience items converted to comply with the new rules.

Gunnar Gunnarson, Medicine Man
--
OOG: Joe Hines
Former Development Officer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Woolsey Bysmor (Osred), Tyros (Tyros)
01 Aug 2015 00:00 #2 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Replied by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042) on topic Deflect, Parry and Resilience Conversion Process
I will also be converting Iajitsu to its new cost.

--
The following user(s) said Thank You: Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
01 Aug 2015 10:56 #3 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic Deflect, Parry and Resilience Conversion Process
If we have the ability to get Deflect for multiple build costs (off different lists), will we get it for the cheapest possible price in the rewrite, or the price off the list we previously had it from?

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
01 Aug 2015 11:02 #4 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Replied by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042) on topic Deflect, Parry and Resilience Conversion Process
Short answer, yes.

I will try to automate this. If I don't get that situation taken care of for you then we'll take care of it manually after the fact.

--
The following user(s) said Thank You: Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
01 Aug 2015 11:56 #5 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic Deflect, Parry and Resilience Conversion Process
People who have both Deflect and Parry... what will happen to the Party's?

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
01 Aug 2015 12:04 #6 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
The Parries become Deflects

--
01 Aug 2015 12:04 #7 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Replied by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred) on topic Deflect, Parry and Resilience Conversion Process
Your parry skills will turn into deflect skills.

-OOG Michael Smith
  • Burkhart Jarlson
  • A precious object without the strength to protect it is easily taken. Strength without something to protect is easily wasted.
  • Thank Yous: 107
01 Aug 2015 12:48 #8 by Burkhart Jarlson (steel_enigma)
Replied by Burkhart Jarlson (steel_enigma) on topic Deflect, Parry and Resilience Conversion Process
Just need to check. Burkhart up until this point has been able to make Mark of the Smith runes of Resilience. I'm assuming that he is now able to make Deflect runes instead?

Makes me a lot more useful to a lot more people.

_________________________________________________________________________________
OOG: Josh Leib

Main:
Burkhart Jarlson
Son of the Heargen Clan
Blood of the Dragoons
Shaman of the North

Alt:
Fen the Fun Faun
Musical Satyr
Available for Bars, Parties, Shows, and Personal Concerts
Accepts Gold, Gems, Ale, and kisses from beautiful women (just don't tell my wife)
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
01 Aug 2015 13:07 #9 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Deflect, Parry and Resilience Conversion Process
Josh - given Elric had Parry as his mark (and it becomes the new Deflect), you might want to ask if you can respend into a new, more diverse skill.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
01 Aug 2015 13:08 #10 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Replied by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred) on topic Deflect, Parry and Resilience Conversion Process
Any parry or resilience will change to deflect. If an update is needed due to this rule, we will work with you to make this transition smooth.

-OOG Michael Smith
  • Burkhart Jarlson
  • A precious object without the strength to protect it is easily taken. Strength without something to protect is easily wasted.
  • Thank Yous: 107
01 Aug 2015 13:29 - 01 Aug 2015 13:49 #11 by Burkhart Jarlson (steel_enigma)
Replied by Burkhart Jarlson (steel_enigma) on topic Deflect, Parry and Resilience Conversion Process
Maybe. I don't really have many other skills that are worth making as a Maker's Mark. The only other one i have is cleave and that's kind of underwhelming.

_________________________________________________________________________________
OOG: Josh Leib

Main:
Burkhart Jarlson
Son of the Heargen Clan
Blood of the Dragoons
Shaman of the North

Alt:
Fen the Fun Faun
Musical Satyr
Available for Bars, Parties, Shows, and Personal Concerts
Accepts Gold, Gems, Ale, and kisses from beautiful women (just don't tell my wife)
Last edit: 01 Aug 2015 13:49 by Burkhart Jarlson (steel_enigma).
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.563 seconds