A Friendly Message Concerning the Health of Knight Realms Players

15 Nov 2015 21:05 #1 by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin)
A Friendly Message Concerning the Health of Knight Realms Players was created by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin)
I have been asked by Staff to make a post regarding the upcoming flu season.

As December approaches, so does flu season. Flu season usually lasts from December through March. According to the CDC, flu is defined thusly:

Influenza (also known as the flu) is a contagious respiratory illness caused by flu viruses. It can cause mild to severe illness, and at times can lead to death. The flu is different from a cold. The flu usually comes on suddenly. People who have the flu often feel some or all of these symptoms:
•Fever* or feeling feverish/chills
•Cough
•Sore throat
•Runny or stuffy nose
•Muscle or body aches
•Headaches
•Fatigue (tiredness)
•Some people may have vomiting and diarrhea, though this is more common in children than adults.

As an EMT I heartily recommend everyone consider getting vaccinated. Any specific questions should be addressed to your health care provider.

What this means for Knight Realms:
KR is an environment where upwards of 200 players in close proximity participate for a full weekend. If you are sick or suspect that you have the flu, the best option is to get plenty of bed rest at home. This is the best way to get better and also lessen the spread of the flu. Believe me when I say we will surely miss you at the event, but we will appreciate the fact that you are making a decision that will keep the healthy players healthy.

During flu season, it is especially important to wash your hands well and often. If you have any cold symptoms, please do not share bottles and avoid excessive contact. If you are running a fever please seriously consider staying home and get plenty of rest.

If you have any questions, more information on the flu can be found at www.cdc.gov/flu/about/disease/symptoms.htm . I am always available to address any concerns between events or at the game.

See you at the December event!

Lord Ardin Silverbow
Lord of Pendarvin

"While others succumb, we overcome."
-Silverbow Motto

OOG: Norm B
Safety Deputy

"When I think of the greatness of my job and realize that I am what I am, I am amazed, but on reflection, who is as good as I am? I know of no one."
-George Patton(I wish Ardin had said this first)
The following user(s) said Thank You: GJSchaller (GJSchaller), geezer (geezer), Aria (Aria), Casandra (Casandra), Liz (Liz), Rudolf (Rudolf), Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge), Thalia (Thalia), JTinney (Swordsaint), Velius (Velius), Rowan Uidhir (Teresa), Tycho Montresor (Tycho Montresor), Faila (Faila), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms), Terzak (TheArchMage), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer), Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample), Coran Tanwyn (Jtomlin), Fenri Kantaris (Miked), Alia D'Font (DatStephy), O. Nesterin (kuemanner), Mantel (sigma-j)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.418 seconds