Development Officer, signing off

15 Dec 2016 08:26 #1 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Development Officer, signing off was created by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Knight Realms family,

I have had the honor to serve as an Officer of Knight Realms for a few years now. Converting the card system to an online one and taking over the Land System and making it over and building a stellar Land Marshal team to run it are my personal highlights in that role and I have gotten amazing feedback from everyone. I have had the joy of running mods for some folks that resulted in a changed set of views on how to larp. I have gotten to help a lot of people fix things or at least keep them firmly crooked. I enjoyed participating in the rules evolution process.

However it is now time for me to step down. As many of you know I live in Virginia and the distance to get to camp is sometimes onerous preventing regular attendance to games. Additionally, my daughter has enrolled in Girl Scouts and I have taken on more responsibilities at work. A person can only spread themselves so thinly.

So a few months ago I notified James of my intent to step down at the end of the year. We agreed on a transition process, notified the other Officers, notified the appropriate Marshals and identified a new Steward of the Card System Source Code. That process has proceeded nicely and so it is time to return the mantle of trust I have been given to James.

Effective as of today I am no longer an Officer at Knight Realms.

Drew Benton is stepping up to take ownership of the Card System and Land System Source Code. Two others will be helping him as well. Over the next year I will be serving as their guide in taking ownership of the code and helping them as needed to fix problems and to add new features.

The Land System itself will continue to be run by Mars as the Land System Deputy. Her team of amazing Land Marshals have been running it without my intervention for months now and I have complete faith and trust in their amazing work.

The Card System and card updates has been run by Drew and the Card Marshals with minimal intervention for months. I will continue to assist them as issues are identified.

So, all in all this should have little change on your day to day Knight Realms concerns. Thank you all for the opportunity to give back to the community. Rebecca and I will still be attending Knight Realms as players and probably at about the same frequency as this last year, maybe 4 to 6 games a year. I look forward to seeing everyone at the Awards Banquet and hopefully at the February game.

Your Friend,

Joe Hines

Gunnar Gunnarson, Medicine Man
--
OOG: Joe Hines
Former Development Officer
The following user(s) said Thank You: GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Kendrick (Kendrick), Odo Garaath (Odo), Sister Danae (Danae), Kleidin (Kleidin), Aria (Aria), Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin), Ib (Gannon), Rudolf (Rudolf), Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge), Thalia (Thalia), Onca (Lorelai), Belegchand (mcalo), Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Angeliana (Angeliana), Swyft (agentswift), Faila (Faila), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Terzak (TheArchMage), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Templar Aldric (Selrik), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Tobias (Tobias), Brian T. (Renthios), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher), Tharivol (samurai_steve27), Mantel (sigma-j), Cara Easton (Raeelle), Alexei Jengiefsky (chrisbouchard)
15 Dec 2016 08:28 #2 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Replied by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042) on topic Development Officer, signing off
One more thing.

Thank you James for providing an amazing community and for letting me be a part of making it better as an Officer.

Gunnar Gunnarson, Medicine Man
--
OOG: Joe Hines
Former Development Officer
The following user(s) said Thank You: GJSchaller (GJSchaller), geezer (geezer), Josephine (mferro54), Belegchand (mcalo), Faila (Faila), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Mantel (sigma-j), Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.448 seconds